It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam should not have been hung.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Lets get one thing sorted here, the crimes he commited were evil and the man had no place on this earth. I just think to hang him was wrong.

I personally would have thought that letting him rot in an rat infested cell,
living in his own filth, being degraded and humiliated day after day, would have been far suitable punishment.

In my eyes he got of lightly, and is now a martyr.

And what was bush jr and bush sr doing, who went after this man for years at the cost of hundreds and thousands of innocent civilians and thousands of service man, not to mention billions of pounds wasted. what were they doing
when all that trouble had led up to this moment?

They were fast asleep in their nice cosy beds without a care in the world.

George bush is just as guilty for the crimes to the human race. He should also be held accountable for it.
Cant see him in a kangeroo court anytime soon though.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You make a good point Sneakoid,After living most of his life in a palace in Bagdad,a crappy cell would have drove him insane
.And yes Bush should be held accountable for his actions too.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's my belief that Saddam was not hung.

I believe the much publicised (false) hanging of the False Saddam was another of the Fruit Loop's desperate attempts to stir outrage, riots, blood in the streets, retaliations, counter-retaliations, mass-media coverage, etc. etc.

I'm SO proud of the world's population for basically ignoring this laughably obvious ploy and for ignoring the media's frantic efforts to whip up mayhem via the False Hanging of the False Saddam.

The world is saying: 'Been there, done that' and, to quote the Fruit Loop's mangulations: 'Fooled me once -- er -- er --um --er ... you won't fool us again '.

The non-hanging of the False Saddam is a non-event.

The real Saddam is most probably sitting in luxury (paid by the US public) in a suite on the French Riviera right now -- or enjoying a spot of grouse shooting with the Bobbed Nose, Anglicised surname and Purchased Title set in Hertfordshire.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Saddam was sentenced to death. It is my understanding tht the death penalty in Iraq was lifted in 2003 but that the Iraqi people brought it back as they felt it was a crime deterrent. Saddam got his day in court, was sentenced and his sentence was carried out by the Iraqi's. To have the US hold him and belittle him in a rat infested dungeon would only have led to more hostility toward the U.S. Our goal was to help Iraq help itself. The way they dealt with Saddam is just one step closer to them taking control of their own Country. They chose to execute a brutal dictator and they acted swiftly. IMHO, a death sentence should be carried out quickly. Having someone on death row for 20+ years is just lunacy.

Jemison

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm pretty disgusted at this. Message boards everywhere have that pic of him with a noose around his neck.. laughing at his imminent death.

..but he used to do that didn't he?

The last time the death penalty was mainstream entertainment was in the middle ages. Humanity really disapoints me sometimes.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by riley]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Out of the many dozens of people I meet each day, I don't know ONE who believes that was 'Saddam' they allegedly 'captured', 'tried' or 'hung'.

Maybe I just mix with those of higher intelligence.

But the fact remains, all the media trumpeting about 'Saddam Hung' is going nowhere.

People are NOT reacting as the goons would wish.

And WHEN the goons begin using their whore-media mouthpieces to announce 'muslim terrorists bomb New York, London, Sydney, Madrid ' etc. etc. (meaning Mossad goons flying in and out on their Lear jet after blowing innocents to bits in simulation of claimed 'muslim terrorists) the world's population will SEE RIGHT THROUGH THe CHARADE ... just as they've seen through the orchestrated, Mossad-engineered murder of 3,000 plus Americans on 9/11 and 400 Aussies in Bali and dozens in London and Spain, etc.

The goons need a new script-writer. Their plots are wafer thin and convince no-one.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Good one Dock6.

Do you believe that the real Saddam stood trial, or was that an impostor too?

As to it being a 'non-event' I agree. Everyone here was busy watching the Spike Channel at the time and enjoying Chuck and Tito weighing in.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Umm I saw the video and it looks like it is saddam getting hung... then sitting there dead... so prove the video is wrong if you think hes livin it up in paradise somewhere... but it is pretty clear it is him

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I'm pretty disgusted at this. Message boards everywhere have that pic of him with a noose around his neck.. laughing at his imminent death.

..but he used to do that didn't he?

The last time the death penalty was mainstream entertainment was in the middle ages. Humanity really disapoints me sometimes.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by riley]

I have to agree with you. Is this the mark of a civilised society? Is this how we celebrate religious holidays? We are still in the dark ages.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ya know, I almost totally rejected the idea that it was staged, thinking, "CMON PEOPLE! THEY SHOWED THE..." And right there I had to stop.

I am so freaking enraged about the fact that I fell for the old "We gave the Nazis what they deserved, go USA!" bit only to discover the strong possibility that we not only helped those bastards in the end, but we even sank to their level by doing some really backstabbing stuff.

Here's my take on the Saddam hanging:

If he is dead, his extermination should NOT be the only results and improvements we get from it! It was in the daytime on my TV so I couldn't even get a party going!

If it was staged, I don't expect much more out of our government now anyways, as lies, deceit, cover ups, scandals and traitors are slowly becoming what the US Government will eventually be known for.

It in fact just "feels" like our leader's M.O.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Is it possible to make a deal with this Saddam person?
Are you a I love Saddam fan?

rightwingnews.com...

[edit on 28-4-2008 by SnowWhite]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
He had to be hung because of his relationships with past administrations, the CIA and the NSA to name a few, he probably knew a little more than they wanted him to.
Remember during the 80s, Saddam was a very close and important ally of the US because of his war with Iran.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Surely you dun mean those nice guys ought to be killed also?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod
You're right, he should not have been allowed to escape Earth by a simple hanging ~ he should have been waterboarded and tortured for 20 years. And if he died prematurely he should have been brought back to life for more of what he dished out. And after 20 years, he should have been auctioned on eBay so us regular folks could have a hand at teaching these damn dictators a thing or two. I despise ALL dictators (a.k.a. those that think they are the boss of you and me). To hell with all dictators. Kill all the kings! Damn evil wicked controlling scum, and that would include the scum bosses of even you and me too. ANYONE who thinks they know what's best for everyone else should be shoved into a meat grinder!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
reply to post by thesneakiod
Kill all the kings! Damn evil wicked controlling scum, and that would include the scum bosses of even you and me too. ANYONE who thinks they know what's best for everyone else should be shoved into a meat grinder!

Democracy is the popular choice...
Wouldn't it be nice to legalise public sexuality & drugs?
It is nice all those free lunch tasty snack bars
Surely we could help Saddam also?
Perhaps he would be nice guy?
of coz he would be the competitor...juz lik everybd

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It is, and should not, be the position of the West, when concerning the fate of outed dictators.

The People of Iraq wanted Him Hung.. so he was hung...

There are dentail records that match up...

... so i belive it was him, and he is dead, as is his whole family line i belive, all of his sons were killed in military fighting...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What if the ppl wanted him alive and well?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sad to see that in order to be considered civilized or intelligent, some folks apparently believe you also have to turn in your spine. The world can be a filthy place filled with death and suffering. Situations arise where men truly do forfeit any and every right they may otherwise have enjoyed on Earth thanks to actions committed by them that are so heinous they deserve to die for them. I wish our judicial system worked as smoothly and justly as Iraq's did in dealing with Saddam.

He deserved to have his neck snapped by the noose and it pleased me greatly to get the honor of watching him exhale his last breath on this planet. I'll leave it up to God to judge his etherial soul, but humanity had every right to judge his Earthly body. Justice was served.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Does that mean that the Iraqi ppl cannot decide his fate?
Or some other country wanted him with regular health resort therapy also?

top topics

join