It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush should be charged with crimes against humanity as well

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why stop with Saddam Hussein? Let's take a look at the definition of Crimes against humanity (from wikipedia ):

The International Criminal Court

In 2002, the International Criminal Court (ICC) was established in The Hague (Netherlands) and the Rome Statute provides for the ICC to have jurisdiction over genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes. Article 7 of the treaty stated that:

For the purpose of this Statute, "crime against humanity" means any of the following acts when committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population, with knowledge of the attack[7]:

(a) Murder;
(b) Extermination;
(c) Enslavement;
(d) Deportation or forcible transfer of population;
(e) Imprisonment or other severe deprivation of physical liberty in violation of fundamental rules of international law;
(f) Torture;
(g) Rape, sexual slavery, enforced prostitution, forced pregnancy, enforced sterilization, or any other form of sexual violence of comparable gravity;
(h) Persecution against any identifiable group or collectivity on political, racial, national, ethnic, cultural, religious, gender as defined in paragraph 3, or other grounds that are universally recognized as impermissible under international law, in connection with any act referred to in this paragraph or any crime within the jurisdiction of the Court;
(i) Enforced disappearance of persons;
(j) The crime of apartheid;
(k) Other inhumane acts of a similar character intentionally causing great suffering, or serious injury to body or to mental or physical health.

Iraq War, Abu Ghraib, Guantánamo Bay, which pretty much falls into the category of Murder and Torture... widespread and worsening today. It's now known throughout the world that invading Iraq was a big mistake (including Gerald Ford). A very big mistake it may seem to some, yes, but don't forget.. it was a decision to go in Iraq the moment Bush took office. (Pre-9/11 - Think about that!). Thousands and thousands of American and Iraqi lives dead because the world was lied into a war by the "President". How it is a sad joke to even call him that! Up until this very day, GWB continues to show no signs of remorse, still believes what he did was the right thing (because "God" told him so"), and takes no responsibility for any his incompetent actions. And let's not also forget about Katrina.

George W. Bush is cowardly, heartless, and a cold-blooded buffoon.

“I must tell you, I'm sleeping a lot better than people would assume.”
- George W. Bush

I don't support the death penalty, but I do believe in justice and fair punishment. Killing a killer is not a solution nor does not it ease the pain of the grieving families... their children in Iraq who have died in vain.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have only one thing to say

I CONCUR
sooner than later the hunter would get hunted.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If for not crimes against humanity, surely for crimes against the american people.

He sacrificed 3000 innocent american civilians, so he and his budies could make some money, and a name for them selves in Iraq.

Iraqis should be able to hang him in public and film it, because this illegia war, which the president lied to initiate has killed hundereds of thousands of innocent iraqis

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by manchurian_candidate
I have only one thing to say

I CONCUR
sooner than later the hunter would get hunted.

The first thing my 12 year old said was "But that's not fair! What about Bush?". Indeed! When will we see him before the Court?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ya know I am coming to believe that the only way we are ever going to be able to curb the absurdity of war, is if we hold the aggressor libel and have them dragged before the international courts and tried. Only when world leaders are faced with being held accountable for their acts and endangering their useless hides, will they stop and think. War in defense is one thing but what Bush did was unprovoked and built on lies. He should be held accountable. This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing either I am opposed to war period.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
As much as I would like to see Bush in noose, I fear it would give too many people some form of closure. The notion that cutting off the head destroys the body isn't true in this case, as the Governments of the West are built like a Hydra. Get rid of Bush and they'll install some peoples president. And once again people will be happy with the way of things.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subcomandante
As much as I would like to see Bush in noose, I fear it would give too many people some form of closure. The notion that cutting off the head destroys the body isn't true in this case, as the Governments of the West are built like a Hydra. Get rid of Bush and they'll install some peoples president. And once again people will be happy with the way of things.

Sure, but hopefully he'd think twice before doing something as
"in-your-face stupid" as Bush did if he knew he could be held accountable at the end of the day.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
He sacrificed 3000 innocent american civilians,

The Americans who died in Iraq are military personel.. soldiers .. not civilians.

Iraqis should be able to hang him ...

Why? They don't want to. The insurgent terrorists do; Saddams tribe in Tikrit does because their illegal income was cut off when Saddam got busted; but the Iraqis in general don't.

because this illegia war,

Our government approved of the war. It was voted on and approved. It is not illegal. Oh .. and don't bother trying to throw the UN into this. The corrupt UN security council accepted millions in bribes to vote against war in Iraq. They have no moral or legal authority.

Bottom line - the war is not 'illegal'. It received proper approval through our government channels.

has killed hundereds of thousands of innocent iraqis

You claim that his actions killed at least 'hundreds of thousands' .. at least 200,000 Iraqi civilians? BULL. There have been threads here claiming that and all have been totally debunked.

Ya'll enjoy your Bush-hate-fest.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I agree.As should Dick Chenny and the rest of the goons that continue to terrorize other countries.The US is one of the biggest terrorist nations in the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The sad part of this thread is I don't think any of you Bush-haters are joking. I appreciate FlyersFan clearing you guys up, and he/she has received a WATS from me.

This site is anti-american!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The Americans who died in Iraq are military personel.. soldiers .. not civilians.

fundly enough i was talking about the 3000 innocent civilians he ALLOWED to die in sept11..

how else do you explain the enormous amount of intel PRIOR to the attack, he 'fortunately' misunderstood, didnt see or just plain ignored.

And your saying because 'your' governemnt approved the war, its not illegial?

No wonder the world hates you.. you decide if its 'legal' to invade and occupy people regardless of wether the proof you put forward has any shred of truth.

Bush deserves to hang, from every part of his body.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He's not talking about the military, he's talking about the OTHER 3000 people bush killed on 9/11.

Our government approved of the war. It was voted on and approved.

That doesn't make it legal. They were misled (lied to), as were we.

You claim that his actions killed at least 'hundreds of thousands' .. at least 200,000 Iraqi civilians? BULL. There have been threads here claiming that and all have been totally debunked.

No one knows haw many innocent Iraqi citizens, including women and children, have been killed. But after Saddam just hanged for 148, I think anything over 10,000 counts.

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
This site is anti-american!

1. Anti-Bush does NOT equal Anti-American
2. Some people on this site ARE Anti-Bush. That doesn not equate to the site taking a position one way or the other. The site doesn't have a mind and cannot make choices.

There are Bush supporters on this site, as well. If you want a site where there are NO Anti-Bush members, I'm sure they're out there. But to condemn the site for the opinions of some of the people is inaccurate.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You know what I mean. I am speaking in general. You take a look at this thread and you see people who want the President of the United States of America hung! Just like the terrorist Saddam. You can be anti-bush, but if you want him raped, tortured, and hung, you are anti-american. You can debate all you feel like, but when you call for the President of America to be hung, IT IS ANTI-AMERICAN!

I am not condemning the site, but when you make a thread and 8 out of 10 atsers think Bush should be hung (and they are not joking), you have a generally anti-american site.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
IS it wrong for us to state the obvious?
That saddam has just been hung, for crimes against humanity.
So why is it wrong to demand equal punishment for an equal crime?
Just because he's your president, doesnt make it any better.
And just because your president says its the right thing to do, doesnt MEAN you have to follow suit blindly.

I personally believe President bush LIED About Iraq, and on purpose.
Which has resulted in the deaths of countless innocent people.
Now if he lied intentionally, knowing fulwell there'd be deaths, then he is no more innocent than saddam in my mind.

The USA is a lovley place, filled with lovely people who majority of that time have the upmost positive intentions at heart.

But your president, is a curropt, greedy leader, who can handle the deaths of innocents, as long as it makes money for him, and his friends.

Instead of labeling people who see the reality of your leader, maybe you should start declaring that your 'leader' doesnt represent the america you claim to be a part of.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

You know what I mean. I am speaking in general. You take a look at this thread and you see people who want the President of the United States of America hung! Just like the terrorist Saddam. You can be anti-bush, but if you want him raped, tortured, and hung, you are anti-american. You can debate all you feel like, but when you call for the President of America to be hung, IT IS ANTI-AMERICAN!

I am not condemning the site, but when you make a thread and 8 out of 10 atsers think Bush should be hung (and they are not joking), you have a generally anti-american site.

I would have to disagree completely. Wanting to see someone being held responsible for their actions, regardless of their position of power, does not make me anti-american. Just beacuse he holds the office of Predident does not put him above moral critique and lawfull punishment.

Whenever I criticize Bush and the majority of his administration I have someone sticking me with the label anti (or un) american.

Hearing the 'true americans' tell me how anti-american I am by not lending my support to the current administration breaks my American heart.

[edit on 12/30/0606 by spines]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One of the basic principles in the founding of America is freedom of speech. It's very American to exercise that right.
The office of president of the United States deserves a great amount of respect. The person in that office has to earn it.

[edit on 12/30/2006 by beezwaxes]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So why is it wrong to demand equal punishment for an equal crime?

Just to be clear here, Agit, Saddamn was hanged for murder by gassing and torture of a village of Kurds, by Iraqi's.

To compare a 30 year record of rape, depredation, and dictatorship to Bush's record goes beyond ignorance and into Bush derangement syndrome.

If you are unable to draw distinctions between these two and thier actions as many here seem tobe, seek help from a mental health professional.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As stated, saddam was put to death for the 148 people he killed in retaliation for an attempted assination.

GW killed 3000 of his own citizens, then sent 3000 of his own troops to die, while killing hundereds of thousands of innocent members of 'another' country

to me, that justifies the death penalty.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
no one should be executed period.

how can you cure poison with poison?

this planet has a lot to learn in the ways of peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You know what I mean.

I only know what you say. If you say what you mean, then I would know what you mean.

Originally postand youed by MysticalUnicorn
You take a look at this thread see people who want the President of the United States of America hung!

The thread states:
George W. Bush should be charged with crimes against humanity...

That's what we're agreeing with. I don't support the death penalty and I certainly don't support hanging. Of anybody. Including Saddam. But I support Bush being charged and tried with crimes against humanity. That's as pro-American is it gets...

You can be anti-bush, but if you want him raped, tortured, and hung, you are anti-american.

I don't see where any Americans have called for that. And I agree. Rape, torture and hanging are unAmerican. Too bad Bush doesn't agree with us. He obviously doesn't have any problem with them.

And, yes, some people are anti-American right now... as it's run by Bush. I don't blame them. If it wasn't my country, I'd probably have some similar feelings about America. But it's my country and what I feel for it is sad, sorrow, ashamed, but not because of what America stands for, but what Bush has done to it.

when you call for the President of America to be hung, IT IS ANTI-AMERICAN!

So... calling for the President of Iraq to be hung is ANTI-IRAQI? What's really the difference? Your perspective, perhaps? If you were Iraqi, might you not agree with us?

As I said, only one person has called for that and he's not American from what I can pick up. And perhaps the pro-Bush people aren't posting here because they just don't have a damn thing to say...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join