It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saddam's dead, so what now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
So Saddam's gone, good riddance to bad rubbish, but what of the other war criminals.

What has the death toll of innocent Iraqi's reached now, it would have to be getting close to the figure of Iraqi's killed under Saddam's regime.

Has it all been worth it, there seems to be no end to the violence now or for the foreseeable future.

Do Bush, Blair and Howard have anything to answer for.
No, even though the the death toll of innocent's continue to rise?

It seems to me that the people of Iraq have traded one nightmare for another and in the end i believe will be left high and dry to fend for themselves once the price for the coalition gets to high.
If that happens then the question of blame needs to be addressed, or we are just creating another hotbed of political unrest and anti-western sentiment.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hopefully Assad of Syria and Amedinejhad of Iran are paying attantion!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
what was the point?

iraq was supposedly in response to 9/11 and because iraq was linked to it

well, we found that was false

and the WMDs
didn't find those

why?
what have we accomplished going into iraq?

we've killed more civilians than saddam did in his entire reign
hell, we're partially responsible for those because we put him into power

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Saddam is responsible for the death's of hundreds of thousands of people in his own country and in others. Im no Math major, but the US hasnt even come close to that figure in both Gulf Wars combined.

Saddam got what he deserved and the extremist leaders of other countries (especially ones who talk of wiping others off the map) better wake up and take notice or might be them who are hanged in the not so distant future.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
pOp, saddam for one, wasn't an extremist leader

2, we don't have an official count on how many people saddam killed

saying HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS is just pulling a number out of your rear

we know the united states intervention has resulted in AT LEAST 55k deaths

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Im waiting for them to get to the long list of Israeli military commanders/leaders and politicians that have caused murder and massacre on the Palestinians and other arabs and helped in covering it up all in the name of Zionism. I believe they should be next in line since everyone is so keen on cleaning up the Middle east act.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Heres where i pulled the numbers from...and these are only the Kurdish deaths mind you:

Quote: "Independent sources estimate 50,000 to more than 100,000 deaths; the Kurds claim about 182,000 people were killed"

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for playing.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
so the powers that be kill a dictator they set up and sold weapons of mass destruction to, they kill him for using these weapons he was sold. So what next? More dictators sold weapons will be executed? doubt it.

it's pretty rare for a head of state or former head of state to be executed (JFK and assassinations aside that is).

what next indeed? with 60% of all US political funding coming from arms companies we can look forward to more war in 2007.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You just know thats never going to happen dont you pieman.
There are many politicians and military leaders whose actions have caused as many if not more deaths than Saddam. This in no way excuses the atrocities committed by him but it does shed some light on our Western hypocrisy whoops i mean democracy!

What bothers me the most is the day is coming when we'll just pack up and waltz on out of Iraq and leave the people there in a worse state than when we came in.
Just by our actions now we are breeding a new wave of anti-western sentiment, for every innocent civilian death in Iraq we probably create another 10 terrorists.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Heres where i pulled the numbers from...and these are only the Kurdish deaths mind you:

Quote: "Independent sources estimate 50,000 to more than 100,000 deaths; the Kurds claim about 182,000 people were killed"

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for playing.

Here's a link for you PoP that puts the death toll a lot higher (655,000). This is for deaths that would not have normally occurred if not for the invasion.

And thank you for playing. Your serve.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
and don't forget to count the people that are being displaced, displacement is a very sad effect of this war

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
You just know thats never going to happen dont you pieman.
There are many politicians and military leaders whose actions have caused as many if not more deaths than Saddam. This in no way excuses the atrocities committed by him but it does shed some light on our Western hypocrisy whoops i mean democracy!

Many people believe in this fantasy that if you support Israel you will be blessed thing which is basically the only thing protecting them right now, well I happen to believe in another saying "What goes around comes around". Saddam was our friend once, so were a lot of other people, and I have full faith that wether by hook or crook, the way we waltzed into Iraq and hung this man , that the innocent Palestinians who died at the mercy of cruel zionist footsoldiers will also one day have their justice in a court of law wether it be an Islamic one, or a western one or a European one. It may not happen today but the same way American Indians ,the Iraqis, the Kuwaitis, the Jews of WWII, the Blacks in the USA, the Armenians and many other peoples have recieved some type of justice, the innocent of Palestine will as well one day get their day in court. It may be tomorrow, maybe months, maybe years. I can tell you the same way people are changing their minds about Iraq, about Bush, many are shedding this idea that Israel is always in the right and they are scratching their heads thinking "This somehow can't be right..12 year old kids, shot because they went near a wall?" and when they see that, they begin to look and see how many OTHER 12 year olds, 3 year olds, and even unborn children still in the womb are shot in their heads over nothing. Its just going to take a while for it to sink in that God may have chosen these people but he surely didn't give them a 007 status along with that.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Looks like Saddam still has us beat:

"Along with other human rights organizations, The Documental Centre for Human Rights in Iraq has compiled documentation on over 600,000 civilian executions in Iraq. Human Rights Watch reports that in one operation alone, the Anfal, Saddam killed 100,000 Kurdish Iraqis. Another 500,000 are estimated to have died in Saddam's needless war with Iran. Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power"

wais.stanford.edu...

According to this source, Saddam has killed closer to 2 million.

www.moreorless.au.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
pOp, the war with iran was something that the united states prodded iraq into fighting

and civilian executions...
well, we can't see how many of those were criminal

anyway, it's pointless to argue this
saddam was the head of iraq for much longer than we've been in there

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power"

So it took Saddam 24yrs to achieve what at the present rate will be surpassed in less than 10yrs. Thanks PoP.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"So it took Saddam 24yrs to achieve what at the present rate will be surpassed in less than 10yrs. Thanks PoP."

If you are thanking me for that, then i guess you are very welcome. Folks on this board never cease to amaze me.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

"So it took Saddam 24yrs to achieve what at the present rate will be surpassed in less than 10yrs. Thanks PoP."

If you are thanking me for that, then i guess you are very welcome. Folks on this board never cease to amaze me.

Actually i was thanking you for pointing out that at the current rate the war in Iraq will have managed to kill more people in under 10yrs than it took Saddam in 24yrs.
Do you get it, you did supply the stats!
Thanks again, this time without the sarcasm as it seems to have been lost on you last time.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Looks like Saddam still has us beat:

"Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power"

It states here that the toll is around 117 deaths per day now compared to 70-125 when Saddam was in power, so how exactly has the invasion of Iraq improved the lives of Iraqi's.

The Defense Department until 2004 eschewed any effort to compute the number of Iraqi dead but this summer released a study putting the civilian casualty rate between May and August at 117 people a day.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
pOp, saddam for one, wasn't an extremist leader

2, we don't have an official count on how many people saddam killed

saying HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS is just pulling a number out of your rear

we know the united states intervention has resulted in AT LEAST 55k deaths

Oh! the hypocrisy!

We know that saddam used nerve gas on kurdish villages! This alone is a crime against humanity!

What is the difference between saddam and hitler? They both used gas to kill civilians.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Saddam was your dog, until he ran away. No he's dead and can't tell any stories about USG.
dot

[edit on 31-12-2006 by HoHoFoo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join