It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

carbomb in madrid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
just heard on radio that a carbomb has gone off in madrid airport. no other info yet

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I saw it on the news, cnn seems to be the only one covering they say no one was reported injured yet, carbomb went off in a parking garage

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
terminal 4 madrid airport they got a warning at 8:15am and bomb went off at 9:00am which is why there is no initial reports of injuries

from cnn news right now

no info on who made call or who was responsible for the bombing

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
normally when a terrorist attack follows a phone call in spain it is the basque group eta behind it. its probably them if there was a phone call. there were a few minor injuries but no fatalities i heard on the update

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Its ETA.

As i said in the other thread, this is a trademark attack by them. A warning was given (this is typical of ETA and the IRA do it as well).

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Remember ETA also claimed responsibility for the Madrid Train attacks. Immediately after they happened. It ended up being Al Queda.
Though this attack I imagine is ETA. Car bombs are more their thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Erm, it was al-Quada? Why? Because the Spanish Goverment (that got their ass fired right after for so many reasons with this being the final straw) or the Western Media and US Goverment saying it was al-Quada?

Did anyone prove anything about it being al-Quada?
Are you taking that bombing on face value too? Just like some people are still clinging on to the "story" about 9/11 thats full of holes and couldn't stand 5 minutes in an actual court of law?

Since when can goverments make claims about who is a criminal or terrorist without building a court case and providing evidence?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murphs
Remember ETA also claimed responsibility for the Madrid Train attacks.

i think it was blamed on eta rather than eta claiming responsibility.

Originally posted by thematrix
Since when can goverments make claims about who is a criminal or terrorist without building a court case and providing evidence?

erm - that would be since any goverment has been in existance!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
ETA never claimed the train attack.

Only the Spanish media.

A warning call was made beforehand to highway patrol police in the Basque region, said an official with that agency in San Sebastian. The official spoke under ground rules barring his name from being published.

www.foxnews.com...

The call to warn of this car bomb came from the Basque region. Its safe to say that this is ETA.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
My brother lives in Spain and says they are still looking for 2 bodies under the rubble,

If these two men are dead then this will be the first ETA deaths in 3 years,

Not good at all,

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well, Gerry Adams isn't going to be happy because he and other members of Sinn Fein (and the IRA) have tried to get ETA to call a ceasefire and follow the steps of the IRA.

Sadly, this is a slap in the face by ETA. As i said, the Spanish Government has given political support to ETA and even opened direct talks (which the Spanish people were STRONGLY against).

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
My brother lives in Spain and says they are still looking for 2 bodies under the rubble

I heard that too, there are 2 people missing.

I saw some images and the damages were very big, they say it was a 200Kg explosive charge.

About the phone calls, they have a code that only ETA and the police know to avoid false alarms, that is how they know if it was really an ETA bombing.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
ETA never claimed the train attack.

Only the Spanish media.

A warning call was made beforehand to highway patrol police in the Basque region, said an official with that agency in San Sebastian. The official spoke under ground rules barring his name from being published.

www.foxnews.com...

The call to warn of this car bomb came from the Basque region. Its safe to say that this is ETA.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by infinite]

The Press reported officials had received a phone call from ETA minutes after the train attacks...It is all irrelevant now though.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Well, Gerry Adams isn't going to be happy because he and other members of Sinn Fein (and the IRA) have tried to get ETA to call a ceasefire and follow the steps of the IRA.

Sadly, this is a slap in the face by ETA. As i said, the Spanish Government has given political support to ETA and even opened direct talks (which the Spanish people were STRONGLY against).

ETA did call a ceasefire 9-10 months ago..This is a breach of that.
Zapatero has called a suspension to all peace talks but not an end to them this morning.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Zapatero has called a suspension to all peace talks but not an end to them this morning.

Of course he won't end them. This is a chance to end all voilence, but ETA will not stop until they get talks of independence for the Basque region (which includes areas in France. Which the Spanish and French Governments have refused to discuss.

[edit on 31-12-2006 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Of course he won't end them. This is a chance to end all voilence, but ETA will not stop until they get talks of independence for the Basque region (which includes areas in France. Which the Spanish and French Governments have refused to discuss.

[edit on 31-12-2006 by infinite]

Ending them because of this attack would be the prefect opportunity for Zapatero then. They breached ceasefire.
If he won't enter into their agenda what other option is there.
It is talking for the sake of talking.

new topics

top topics

join