It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For All Big Banger Atheists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Do you really need evidence for atmospheric disruptions. How bout radiation from space?

"radiation FROM SPACE"
sorry, but anything ending with "in space" has an ominous ring to it

how?
UV wouldn't have an effect
heat radiation wouldn't have an effect

can you both elaborate your claim
and provide evidence to back it up?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Do you really need evidence for atmospheric disruptions. How bout radiation from space?

Radiometric dating--the process of determining the age of rocks from the decay of their radioactive elements--has been in widespread use for over half a century. There are over forty such techniques, each using a different radioactive element or a different way of measuring them. It has become increasingly clear that these radiometric dating techniques agree with each other and as a whole, present a coherent picture in which the Earth was created a very long time ago. Further evidence comes from the complete agreement between radiometric dates and other dating methods such as counting tree rings or glacier ice core layers. Many Christians have been led to distrust radiometric dating and are completely unaware of the great number of laboratory measurements that have shown these methods to be consistent. Many are also unaware that Bible-believing Christians are among those actively involved in radiometric dating.

This paper describes in relatively simple terms how a number of the dating techniques work, how accurately the half-lives of the radioactive elements and the rock dates themselves are known, and how dates are checked with one another. In the process the paper refutes a number of misconceptions prevalent among Christians today. This paper is available on the web via the American Scientific Affiliation and related sites to promote greater understanding and wisdom on this issue, particularly within the Christian community.

www.asa3.org...

Wiens is a scientist at Los Alamos and is doing his best to allow christians to understand where the theories and evidence is coming from.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

by madnessinmysoul
sorry, but anything ending with "in space" has an ominous ring to it

This surprises me. I would think an Athiest would be inclined to believe in aliens and what not. Interesting.

Space radiation and fluctuations in earths magnetic field are well documented. I'm sorry, but I must attend to the more important things in life, my family. Just google those. I do appreciate the conversation and shall check in later.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This surprises me. I would think an Athiest would be inclined to believe in aliens and what not. Interesting.

well, i believe aliens exist, simply out of probablity
i'm skeptical to their contact with humanity
but "IN SPACE" just harkens back to melodramatic old sci-fi movies

and i just don't see how those fluctuations would effect radioactive decay

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Well, I'm no nuclear physicist, but it seems to me that if you're using somethings decay to guage time, something that speeds that decay may influence the test result.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well, I'm no nuclear physicist, but it seems to me that if you're using somethings decay to guage time, something that speeds that decay may influence the test result.

Well this guy is...

Some people have tried to defend a young Earth position by saying that the half-lives of radionuclides can in fact be changed, and that this can be done by certain little-understood particles such as neutrinos, muons, or cosmic rays. This is stretching it. While certain particles can cause nuclear changes, they do not change the half-lives. The nuclear changes are well understood and are nearly always very minor in rocks. In fact the main nuclear changes in rocks are the very radioactive decays we are talking about.

There are only three quite technical instances where a half-life changes, and these do not affect the dating methods we have discussed.

www.asa3.org... (p.20)

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

well, i believe aliens exist, simply out of probablity
i'm skeptical to their contact with humanity
but "IN SPACE" just harkens back to melodramatic old sci-fi movies

Existence out of porbability? True, let Us dive deeper. What about Existence from thought and thought from Existence? The belief in "aliens" Existing is because We do; Existence Exists through consciousness.

Everything is "in space". Everything is "space". You are in space, I am in space, We are in space, and We are space; There is no way to measure the length of anythings Existence; Existence all ways has Been; We change visual form. By these definitions We all succumb to radioactive decay

"Radio-active decay", isn't that what happens to Our consciousness when We wake up and turn on the television or the radio and listen to all the money and power driven propoganda?

[edit on 6-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
"Radio-active decay", isn't that what happens to Our consciousness when We wake up and turn on the television or the radio and listen to all the money and power driven propoganda?

no
it's simply a term for the precisely predictable decay of radioactive elements through the observation of their half-lives

listen, save this thing you're trying to do for FST, because the ORIGINS forum is supposed to be at least remotely scientific

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

no
it's simply a term for the precisely predictable decay of radioactive elements through the observation of their half-lives

listen, save this thing you're trying to do for FST, because the ORIGINS forum is supposed to be at least remotely scientific

Hello thread police, thank you officer for attempting to control the thoughts. Will adhere to your philosophy and perception of science. If there is Not a productive response then please do Not respond. See, in saying that the thoughts coming from this side of the screen are Not productive and belong elsewhere is an act of actually committing non-productive thoughts. Let Us have a nice chat, if it is Not understood then please ask questions. Not only is it scientific, it is Existential and philosophical; know that there is no separation of science, math and philosophy. All things are derived from all things

[edit on 7-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

<< 1  2   >>

join