It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Fund Weapon Shipments Into Palestine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As strange as it may sound, the reasoning behind it is not a surprise.

As you may be aware, there has been somewhat of a Civil War in Palestine, with members of Fatah in skirmishes with Hamas, in which 17 people have been killed this month alone.

The weapons shipment, from Egypt, has only been confirmed by the Israeli government, was delivered to Mr. Abbas' Fatah group. The Israeli government are quoted as seeing it as a means of arming the "forces of peace" against the "forces of darkness".

My knowledge of politics as a whole is rusty, but as far as I was aware, arming militia to progress your own position wasn't really appreciated by the majority. Once again, not a surprise that Israel couldn't care.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I would wager dollars against belly-button lint that Israel has no delusions about the ability of either group to foster peace.

They want them to fight each other, instead of Israel - and it's working. Every casualty of this feud is another soldier off the street, and every bullet fired by a Palestinian at a fellow Palestinian is a bullet not fired at an Israeli.

Divide and conquer is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Shame on anyone who falls for it, they deserve the Hell they create for themselves. :shk:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This has been the objective of the Israeli's since they allowed Arafat to return from Tunis.

join