It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celtic FC fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Who here supports Celtic FC, the best team in Scottish football lol, stand up and make yourselves accounted for lol and also, who thinks that we will beat AC Milian in the champions league?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
hey there,

It has been a good season so far, and progressing in the champs league was great. Should be a cracking game against Milan, who by their own standards are having a poor season.

I think we need to win though at Parkhead, if you don't well... I can't see us doing anything in the San Siro and basically, a draw would be the best result there I would imagine.

With Stevie Pearson leaving, do you reckon Thomson and Brown will move over from Hibs now.

After the start of last season with Strachan signing guys like Virgo and Du Wie, the team have really progressed!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
lol havent been on this site in a while. anyways, after that milan game celtic have been terrible, and are aboutto win the league with so few goals. oh well, at least the telf has gone lol

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
hey man,

yeah... I agree with you, since we got dumped out of Europe the team have dropped alot of points. I guess the whole motivational factor just disapeared.

But still, when the points really mattered the team just kept winning. And complacency happens. And yeah! winning the league with the least amount of goals.

But up front the team is poor.... apart from the big dutchman..... Kenny Miller don't score goals. Fair enough, he runs around like a headless chicken but he ain't exactly world class. Beattie looks like he will only be a bit part player. Riordion well, Strachans has seen him in training loads of times and I guess he just does not fancy playing him. So we need to sign a striker cos... the big dutchman is quite injury prone.

Jarosik, Lennon and Gravs should all be leaving which will free up more than £100k a week on wages. So with them leaving, it shoulld mean we get to sign a new good established midfield player..

Hartley since he joined, ain't been that great but hes being told to sit deep. Pressley I think will leave. Big Bobo might also be heading out the door.

In defence we have players these days, usuaed to be.... the attacking side was good and defence was non existent but its rather vice versa now.

Boruc is being linked with a move away, and I doubht Mark Brown (not sure if thats a loan deal?) will be good enough for the champs league.

Is it Peter Lawell? the guy on the board, he has said Celtic will spend this summer. Personally, I think striker, plus a midfielder and a keeper if Boruc goes are the priorities.

With Nakamura in the team, we are always likely to score a set play which was like Man Utd when they had Beckham.

But with the team Strachan has, he has done really good. More tactically astute than O'neill was.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by rynaldo82]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Mark Brown signed on a permanent basis. Personally, I can't wait to see Scott Brown next season, I think that he'll be a great singning.

Theres a lot of rumors going around about celtic oins and outs. Three of the biggest names are Appiah, Frei and Bellamy.

The Appiah rumor has cooled down because he is going in for his knee operation, but the Bellamy rumour has just rocketed because of hs ommission from the Liverpool Champions League Final game. Rumor has it that he has already signed for Celtic, but a fee still has to be agreed. If this is true i'm guessing that talks will open witin the next week.

Here's hoping

[edit on 25-5-2007 by speight89]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
hey,

Guess Mark Brown must be happy to sit on the bench although he still must be in his early 20s. If he has came in, does that mean young Marshall has left? Think he was out on loan but ain't heard anything on him in ages.

The Scott Brown is a good move, not only has it really hurt Hibs who are becoming a better team every year but it really sorts out our midfield with Lennon going. Did well to get him as we faced competition and it's good to see another Scottish player in the team.

Ain't Appaiah being linked before and then the guy moved to Juventus? you would think if it happened.. he would demand a high wage and would prob be as useless as Gravensen. Bellamy dropped a hint he was defintly off around the time before the game against Milan. Said I know I am moving club but having been at Parkhead before and slagging off the opposition would he want to come back? but we do defintly need a striker.

Dunno aboutt this Frie guy? does he play for Dortmund who are clearning about players left right and centre?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
i'm fairly confident i'm the only St Johnstone fan on the forums

Celtic were lucky in the semis!!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Any more Celtic fans on here?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jameeyy

I went to a Celtic home game once and the atmosphere was amazing. I've had a soft spot for Celtic ever since

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Obviously you can guess that I am from my username
lifelong Hoop.......though the quality and standard of play has fallen off a lot since Rangers left, I miss the Old Firm games......

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
www.youtube.com...

Not sure of the relevance of that one, but here's something actually football related that should have any Celtic fan chuckling (although not too much, as the mediocrity of "New Rangers" is yesterday's news):

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BenutzerUnbekannt

AYE the banter

I play a real man's sport dominoes

chappin

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Quite fond of a spot of dominoes myself

As for Scottish footie, I don't really follow it with any particular zeal (just went to one game).

I think the top division needs Rangers back. I also reckon the Scottish FA need to reorganise the league structure, from 4 divisions of 10 teams to 2 divisions of 20 teams; it'll make it all more interesting, and spread the cash around a bit more evenly.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BenutzerUnbekannt

Football in Scotland is way to boring with the amount of times teams meet each other per season ,then add cup matches in and it can be like watching paint dry at times and it is played in horrible weather mostly .

You are spot on with how the leagues need to be structured one home and away per season would do it , I pity anybody reading the premier league points table this year that does not know that the top six teams split off and play each other ,then play off's to see who gets up from DIVISION 1 when it should have been my team Hibs that went up instead of the extra games and embarrassment that are Rangers losing 6-1 to Motherwell

Next year

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I see the SPFL fixtures have been announced - Rangers kick off at home to St Mirren and Celtic at home to Ross County. Not much to excited about, although Rangers v Hibs and Celtic v Hearts are often tasty occasions.

Hopefully there will be an Old Firm tie in one of the cups

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As a Rangers fan I'd happily avoid any Old Firm games this season

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gdt26
As a Rangers fan I'd happily avoid any Old Firm games this season

Things are shaping up pretty nicely on the blue side of Glasgow - new manager, new chairman and new players. I reckon you'll be back in the premier league very shortly
(my soft spot for Celtic doesn't mean I necessarily hate The Rangers - I think Scottish football needs its best two teams battling it out and competing in Europe eh).

new topics

top topics

join