It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shot and what do you think?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Byrd, I’m not trying to argue with you, but there really may be something to this Vitamin D deficiency thing. I presume by the title of this article, “The Antibiotic Vitamin”, Vitamin D may in fact be a cause (either way) on who gets flu, and who doesn’t? I ran across this article

In April 2005, a virulent strain of influenza hit a maximum-security forensic psychiatric hospital for men that's midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles. John J. Cannell, a psychiatrist there, observed with increasing curiosity as one infected ward after another was quarantined to limit the outbreak. Although 10 percent of the facility's 1,200 patients ultimately developed the flu's fever and debilitating muscle aches, none did in the ward that he supervised.

I know we are not suppose to excessively quote, so I’m picking the 3 paragraphs from this article that supply the most information regarding the pandemic at this hospital in April of 2005. (Unbiased research as far as I can tell)

Cannell's ward was the only heavily exposed ward left unaffected. Was it by mere chance, Cannell wondered, that his patients dodged the sickness?
A few months later, Cannell ran across a possible answer in the scientific literature. In the July 2005 FASEB Journal, Adrian F. Gombart of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and his colleagues reported that vitamin D boosts production in white blood cells of one of the antimicrobial compounds that defends the body against germs.

Immediately, Cannell says, the proverbial lightbulb went on in his head: Maybe the high doses of vitamin D that he had been prescribing to virtually all the men on his ward had boosted their natural arsenal of the antimicrobial, called cathelicidin, and protected them from flu. Cannell had been administering the vitamin D because his patients, like many other people in the industrial world, had shown a deficiency.

Science News- Nov. 11, 2006

Maybe this deserves some further looking into? Scurvy is a vitamin C deficiency, you must have meant rickets? That is a vitamin D deficiency
Edit* to add something

[edit on 12/30/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
How many of you will get the flu shot or do so annually? Why do you get it? For those that don't get the shot, why is it that you don't get it?

Do you think that there is somthing more to the shot than fortold? Being a conspiracy site do you think that there may be other things such as mind control agents, micro chips pf some sort, etc? What do you think?

I do not get flu shots - and won't. Not until there are new uncontaminated facilities and new technology that does not cause proteins to misfold during the manufacturing process.

Vaccines are contaminated with prions - not just Mad Cow, but a huge variety of different prion strains, many created during the manufacturing process. And I already have enough problems thank you very much.

Do I think it's a conspiracy? No. It's just good business. Retooling would cost a fortune, which would cut profits to the bone. And business is about making money, not protecting public health.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I still never get it because either I'm too lazy or I forgot.
Vary rarely do I ever get sick. I must have a strong immune system I suspect.

I drink 2 to 3 drinks a day, smoke 2 packs, eat crap food, drink tons of coffee, and stress over work constantly. The perfect receipe for disaster,
yet I remain healthy and still get carded for buying smokes even though I'm 42. The last time I got sick was probabaly 5 years ago.
During my 20 years in the military, I would get the shot every year (not by choice). Very rarely did I ever get sick. My military medical records consisted of 20 pages, 1 for each year I was in. Most folks I see had records that were FEET thick.

For those of you who get sick everytime that you get the shot,
maybe it is a conspiracy with population control. Or maybe it's just
Darwin trying to do his work

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My four children got their flu shots yesterday. They also had them last year with no ill effects.

I'd be a lot less likely to give my kids flu shots if the parents at their school would keep their sick kids home, but they all have very important jobs (I guess they're all brain surgeons) so missing a day of work to stay home with their sick child would reverse the earth's rotation or some other disaster.

My kids' started getting sick this time last year and for 6 weeks I had at least one or two home with fever, vomiting, coughing, sneezing etc... They were finally healthy enough to get a flu shot right before we went away in March.

This winter you can be sure, if I get wind that there is some sick kid in one of their classes I will pitch a royal fit. The school nurse told me that when a child is sick in school and a parent is called she's had kids wait up to 3 hours to be picked up. Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Near Christmas 2005, I had the flu for a week. I lost ten pounds, since I ate maybe one dinner's worth of food during that week. I didn't want to go through that again, particularly as I lost the ten pounds straight out the posterior via some brutal diarrhea. (ya, not pretty...) My dad falls under the 'high risk' category of flu due to having had a heart attack, and since I live with him, they offered me the flu shot for free, so I took it. (apparently living with a high risk person constitutes high risk for flu :p)

I haven't had any bad experiences yet, and neither have my parents, both of whom also got the flu shot. My siblings didn't get one. None of us have had flu yet, so a proper comparison can't be made, but I'll post if anything relevant comes up.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So far my children are feeling no ill effects from getting their shots. It pretty much needs to be done in our home considering part of our home is a group daycare that my wife runs. We have many children that come and go and we don't take the chance.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As a World traveler I have been immunized against a variety of maladies and I do believe in Preventive Medicine. Hep A+B, Yellow Fever, Typhoid, Thyphus, Tetanus, Dyptheria, Polio, to name the more common ones. I had to add space to my world health document to fit all the various immunizations I have. I have even participated in some experimental vaccinations with no fear of conspiracy.

Having said that I do not get annual flu shots. Statistically I don't see them doing that much to save lives. Pneumonia kills more people than the flu. I do have a good immune system and I believe that allowing it to do its job only makes it stronger when it comes to influenza. Flu shots do indeed kill some people every year but I don't know the numbers on that. I can see where the elderly or those with a weakened immune system might wish to take a flu shot but statistically it has been shown that the elderly keep dieing regardless of flu shots. Finally, the shot they administer is based on a guess of which strand of influenza will appear. Guessing isn't good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I do not ever get a flu shot. Why? I don't have any idea what the hell they put in them. Maybe some of the things you suggested above? Who knows for sure?

I don't take the shot, and guess what? I almost never get the flu. I think I get the flue really bad about every 5 to 6 years...I can live with that! I also distrust doctors

I agree 100% here, i don't know what's in there, and doctors do make a living off of people being sick. Also, i haven't had the flu in around 10 years, i don't even think about it anymore, i also quit taking medicine (except for a few alka-seltzer this weekend and some occasional peptobismal). I haven't taken anything else for 2+ years now, and i've only been sick once, which was last weekend, but i also came back from a week+ in Dallas, Texas back down to the filthy DOW and BASF polluted air that is south of Houston, so i'm blaming that change.

Also with this whole Global ID business coming up in couple of years and the fact that they have microchips smaller than a grain of rice along with nanotechnology; let's just say that that is the last thing i need.

Finally, doctors make money off of cures, but they can make a living off of treatments.

Peace

Pancho

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Byrd, I’m not trying to argue with you, but there really may be something to this Vitamin D deficiency thing. I presume by the title of this article, “The Antibiotic Vitamin”, Vitamin D may in fact be a cause (either way) on who gets flu, and who doesn’t? I ran across this article

Very interesting article!

I'd accept it as a possible factor that contributes to folks coming down with certain diseases -- and it'd be interesting to see followups to see how much additional protection we can get from increasing this in our diet. But I reject flu as a "vitamin D deficiency disease" because there are viruses found and the viruses can be shown to cause these strains of flu. The epidemics and pandemics are also not consistant with a "vitamin D deficiency".

Maybe this deserves some further looking into? Scurvy is a vitamin C deficiency, you must have meant rickets? That is a vitamin D deficiency

Argh! Ooops! Yes, you're right!

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
(apparently living with a high risk person constitutes high risk for flu :p)

It puts the other person at risk for the flu.

Remember, the shots aren't 100% effective (about 80%) and if you work in or with the public (like a store clerk or or teacher or health care worker other jobs where you talk to the public all day long), your chances of getting it are much higher than usual.

So they give you an 80% chance of NOT getting the flu and if you do get the flu, it may be much lighter than if you were unimmunized. This gives quite an advantage to the high risk person.

It's the same reason I get shots.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

But I reject flu as a "vitamin D deficiency disease"

I don’t mean it’s a vitamin D deficiency disease per say, possibly just a viable contributing factor that increases your risk. I hope that makes more sense? Like you said, it may be worth taking vitamin D supplements during flu season if it decreases people’s risk of catching the actual flu.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

How many of you will get the flu shot or do so annually? Why do you get it? For those that don't get the shot, why is it that you don't get it?

I do not take the flu shot. Almost everyone I know who took it became ill after taking it. I have had the flu twice. Two different strains. On one occasion the medicine prescribed (three prescriptions) almost killed me and did not work. I used herbal remedies and let it run its course.

Do you think that there is somthing more to the shot than fortold? Being a conspiracy site do you think that there may be other things such as mind control agents, micro chips pf some sort, etc? What do you think?

Yes, I think there is more to it and although they are saying it is in experimental stages, if a pandemic were to hit this is what they will offer you. In desperation people may be tricked into a quick fix. I think it may introduce changes to my DNA that may not become apparent until years later. It also may alter my natural immunities. It does not appear to be something that will ever be eliminated from the body.

DNA Vaccine For H5N1 Avian Influenza Enters Human Trial

Unlike conventional flu vaccines, which are developed by growing the influenza virus in hens' eggs and then administered as a weakened or killed form of the virus, DNA-based vaccines contain only portions of the influenza virus' genetic material.

The candidate vaccine, synthesized using a modified version of the hemagglutinin (H) gene from the H5N1 influenza virus, was manufactured at the VRC Vaccine Pilot Plant. This is the first VRC candidate vaccine manufactured at the VRC Vaccine Pilot Plant.

www.sciencedaily.com...

DNA Vaccine For H5N1 Avian Influenza Enters Human Trial

Unlike conventional flu vaccines, which are developed by growing the influenza virus in hens' eggs and then administered as a weakened or killed form of the virus, DNA-based vaccines contain only portions of the influenza virus' genetic material.

The candidate vaccine, synthesized using a modified version of the hemagglutinin (H) gene from the H5N1 influenza virus, was manufactured at the VRC Vaccine Pilot Plant. This is the first VRC candidate vaccine manufactured at the VRC Vaccine Pilot Plant.

www.sciencedaily.com...

DNA vaccination - in recent years a new type of vaccine, created from an infectious agent's DNA called DNA vaccination, has been developed. It works by insertion (and expression, triggering immune system recognition) into human or animal cells, of viral or bacterial DNA. Some cells of the immune system that recognize the proteins expressed will mount an attack against these proteins and cells expressing them. Because these cells live for a very long time, if the pathogen that normally expresses these proteins is encountered at a later time, they will be attacked instantly by the immune system. One advantage of DNA vaccines is that they are very easy to produce and store. As of 2006, DNA vaccination is still experimental, but shows some promising results.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
NO MORE FLU SHOTS!!

My daughter has asthma. Every fall we'd get her a shot. Within a day she'd be sick and it would always go to the chest .... pneumonia or broncitis. This year i skipped the shot and guess what ... she hasn't gotten sick!

I know they claim you can't get the flu from the shot because it's a dead virus. But by golly she would be sick within a day after getting it and this year, when we didn't get it, she didn't get sick.

NO MORE FLU SHOTS FOR US!

i would never get a flu shot...
i was horrified to discover all the ingredients in vaccines and flu shots...
just google vaccine ingredients and you will be shocked at all the crap...some are toxic chemicals.

also these shots are incubated in chickens!!! alarm bells.. bird flu !!

the drug companies are behind all this and give advice to brain dead ministers who have no clue about anything....most of the "advisers" on
medical boards "advising" the government are just pimps for big pharma.

did you know that every year 240000 are killed from FDA APPROVED prescription drugs side effects in the U.S.A !! ...thats right 1/4 million americans killed.

Do the mass media ever mention this..... no.....they get paid to advertise this s**t........

and 1.2 million hospitalised from side effects....

and yet the media keep harping on about the 3500 killed on 11/9.... 3 years ago...ad nauseam...

by the way for your daughter with asthma have u tried the butekyo method?

just google it...

[edit on 17-1-2007 by esecallum]

[edit on 17-1-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Beware. I got the flu shot oin 2003 when they had all that hype.

I eneded up about two weeks later in intensive care paralized with gullian barre syndrome. I was in intensive care for three months, took a year to relearn to walk, then I had a relapse and now have CIDP , that is the chronic form.

Give me the flu any day over this crap! The gullian barre is a side effect of the flue shot. They say its rare , but the ER doctor said she sees it every year more often that what people think.

Ama

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
While I do understand that this is a conspiracy site, I really have a hard time believing that giving flu shots is part of some NWO plan to thin the population. I'm sure that if this country did nothing about people getting the flu, those of you that thrive on conspiracies would be up in arms claiming that the gov't wants us to be sick and/or die.

I'm an ER nurse and I do get the shot every year. I have never had any ill effects but I do know co-workers who have. I usually don't get the shots for my kids because the stuff they are exposed to at school are probably a lot less severe that what I could possibly bring home. I don't understand people who refuse to immunize their children at all (that's any immunizations), claiming horrible side-effects and gov't plots. IMO, that is just gross irresponsiblity on the parents part. People only seem to focus on the worst possible outcomes but fail to realize that the percentage of adverse events is very very small.

I do feel that there is a problem with this nations healtcare. It should actually be called sickcare because very few physicians in this country actually promote healthy life styles for their patients. Our health care system is geared to aid us when we are sick but it really puts no emphasis on keeping us healthy. There's no money in that. Drug companies, for the most part, are evil. They tell us to go ahead and do whatever you want, eat or drink whatever because if you start having problems, we got a pill for that will make it all better.

I try to always tell the patients that I care for to eat healthy and exercise. I feel that if people in this country would just start eating better they wouldn't be as sick. I'm a strong believer in that

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Even before studying about the flu shot, I instinctivly knew not to get it and have never got one. I always tell the people getting one not to do it but they do anyway. This year I think I might spout out some facts about it, make them think a little bit. Great thread!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have gotten a flu shot annually each of the last four years. The last time I had the flu was five years ago.

It's the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well I got the flu shot this year because the area has become very bad with the flu, my daughter have to get a flu shot because she attend a very large College and she needs to be in her best health for obvious reasons.

Well my husband and son didn't got their flu, my husband's first time since he joined the Military services . . .

This year was his first with no flu shot . . .and my first flu shot after a lapse of 6 years.

Guess what . . . he is right now on his 4 day with a bad case of flu . . .

He is so mad about no getting his flu shot . . .

I am fine and good enough to be able to nurse him with no problem at all.

He is miserable.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't get the shot because for one I am deathly scared of needles.
and for annother I have a good immune system that tends to kick the flu's butt when it even comes near me. I can say that I havent gotten the flu in years sense I have stoped getting the shot.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I have never had the flue and don't plan on getting the flue either. As far as I can renember, I have never had a flue shot.

I've also had Chicken Pox twice. Both times it was EXTREMELY weak. Awsome. I got 2 weeks off each time.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by PisTonZOR]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join