It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shot and what do you think?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How many of you will get the flu shot or do so annually? Why do you get it? For those that don't get the shot, why is it that you don't get it?

Do you think that there is somthing more to the shot than fortold? Being a conspiracy site do you think that there may be other things such as mind control agents, micro chips pf some sort, etc? What do you think?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I do not ever get a flu shot. Why? I don't have any idea what the hell they put in them. Maybe some of the things you suggested above? Who knows for sure?

I don't take the shot, and guess what? I almost never get the flu. I think I get the flue really bad about every 5 to 6 years...I can live with that! I also distrust doctors

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm with jensouth31. I haven't and don't and won't. Anytime the people of the entire country are encouraged to do something, I do all I can to avoid it. I'm convinced that the dispensing technique of the flu shot is one way that something undesirable could be introduced into the population.

I haven't had a flu or cold for over 10 years because I am VERY careful about contact with others during the flu season and if I start to get something, I take herbs to prevent them.

No flu shots for me, thanks.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't see the point to getting the flu shot. Not only does it get me sick, but, and more importantly, my immune system must learn to deal with as many germs as possible -- that is its function!!!

Every year my father goes in and gets one.
Every year he ends up with the flu.

Meanwhile, I stopped taking cold medicine, drink lots of orange juice every time I think I might have caught a germ, and I haven't gotten sick in *years*.

And yet, he still reaches for the cold/flu medicine. I don't get it.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm convinced that the dispensing technique of the flu shot is one way that something undesirable could be introduced into the population.

Exactly! They want everyone to get the shot...so they give them for free! That right there is a red flag for me. But look at all the people that go running with their sleve rolled up....no thanks

Edit** to add...
Mostly I see these flu shots aimed at the elderly, but now also the small children. In my mind it could also be considered a population control agent. Almost eveybody I know that takes the shot, gets the flu. Just a thought

[edit on 12/29/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No flu shot here, I like my imune system to do it's own job. You notice that certain needles are called "immunizations"? TB, Rubella, etc. But this is a flu "SHOT". I'm not liking the difference.

BTW, moving to Med. Consp. I really think there's one here.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I understand all of you and agree. I have got it twice and felt ill both times. I on the otherhand do get it for my children because of the so called risks. It's a tough decision when it comes to your children. What about you? Do you get it for your kids?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't have kids. This world isn't safe for kids as far as I'm concerned. If I had kids, though, I wouldn't get the flu shots for them. But they wouldn't be going and glomming around with other sick children, either...

Global Vaccine Institute

Every year, just prior to the impending "flu season," the CDC and their acquiescent media pawns terrorize the American public with false claims regarding annual flu deaths. The CDC boldly asserts that 36,000 people die every year from the flu. Such scare tactics are calculated to increase flu vaccine sales. However, according to the CDC's own official records documented in National Vital Statistics Reports, only a few hundred people die from influenza (flu) on an average year. And many of these deaths occur in people with preexisting conditions, weakened immune systems, and the elderly.

Read the whole page.

Look at Influenza AND pneumonia deaths here:
Vital Statistics

They put them together to come up with 62,034 deaths, when only 257 are from flu and the other 61,777 are from pneumonia... And the vast majority of people who die "from the flu" are over 75 years old, anyway!

Washington Post: A Shot of Fear

For people younger than 65 (including children), the chance of a flu-related death is much smaller -- about one in 100,000. Of course, adults and children might be concerned about flu-related problems besides death, such as being hospitalized or just suffering with unpleasant symptoms (typically three to seven days of fever, muscle aches, headache, weakness, dry cough and runny nose).

Edit: Go to your nearest herb store and get their cold and flu immune booster in tincture form and the instant you or your family member begin to have symptoms of illness (usually sore throat), all of you start taking the tincture 3-4 times a day for 2-3 days. It will support and boost your own immune system to kick the crap out of whatever's trying to get in.

That'll be $45 please.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Interesting reads BH. I've never been to my local herb store but a co-worker flushes every so often and has tried to get me in there. I guess maybe I will do so now.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
NO MORE FLU SHOTS!!

My daughter has asthma. Every fall we'd get her a shot. Within a day she'd be sick and it would always go to the chest .... pneumonia or broncitis. This year i skipped the shot and guess what ... she hasn't gotten sick!

I know they claim you can't get the flu from the shot because it's a dead virus. But by golly she would be sick within a day after getting it and this year, when we didn't get it, she didn't get sick.

NO MORE FLU SHOTS FOR US!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I always get the flu shot (so do my dad (my mom is dead), my husband, and his mother (his father is dead). However, we're over 45, and my husband has a number of health problems, including some cardiac problems. The risk from the flu shot is a LOT lower than the risk of him having severe complications from the flu.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
things that you do once.

I gave blood once...and couldnt even fill up the bag.
(must not have much blood), never did that again.

I got the flu shot one year at work...and got the flu (never did any other year)

So whats up? Guess some lizards drinking my blood
, and they tried to knock me off with the flu shot.

Truly there is something up, best just to leave it be if your not into it.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have always thought there is a conspiracy with flu shots. There are how many hundreds of types of flu's? Then they calculate the one that is most likely to hit and vacinate against that one. I say they infect the population with that particular flu through the shot as a way to control the outbreak. I never get the shot and i never get the flu.

Im sure someone smarter than myself can explain to me why i may or may not be right on this...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
well, i'll add this for you all to mull over.

They did a flu shot drive where my wife works (intensive care nurse in london), and the week after, nearly 85% of the staff went off sick. My wife didn't, and thats because she didn't have the shot.

Now heres the conspiracy. As senior health care staff, they were not allowed to view either the contents or the vaccine vials themselves. Nope it was line up, get a shot, move on.

They were mad ill afterwards.

Now they theories that they have a shot for ALL TYPES of bird flu...and for any of you that have studied even basic A+P or virology + bacteriology, you will know that it is impossible to do that in any way shape or form...

Stinky way to kill us though 'its good for you!'...yeah right whatever lying big brother.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

Now here’s the conspiracy, As senior health care staff, they were not allowed to view either the contents or the vaccine vials themselves. Nope it was line up, get a shot, move on.

Isn't that interesting. I have no doubt in my mind that there is something up with these flu shots. I am a bit shocked though that a flu shot for employees working in a Hospital/health care environment hasn't been made mandatory, maybe its only in America! The one and only flu shot I ever received was about 15 years ago when I was the Directory of Activities at a nursing home. They made everyone take the shot it was mandatory.

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Stinky way to kill us though 'its good for you!'...

Hey whatever works? Why change the scheme of things if it gets the populous to come and receive it with open arms. I believe it was last year when they were screaming that they didn't have enough flu vaccines to go around for the people...remember that?? Well as I recall, the elderly in America were in a dead panic because they were afraid they couldn’t get that shot! Poor things, that was the first year I was hopeful that they wouldn't receive the bloody thing, but the Gov. made it happen, and all shots were received after a panic of a possible flu epidemic ensued.

Edit* type o

[edit on 12/30/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I thought you get a flu shot to build up your immunity to the flu? The shot you get is a very mild strain of the flu, nothing like a real life flu virus. The shot is to help prevent you from getting sick.
If you get sick after getting the shot that should tell you that your immune system wasn't ready for a mild strain of the flu let alone a full strength version?
Many people won't come in contact with the flu so they won't get sick. I wish all of us wouldn't come into contact with the flu but that isn't possible yet. If you live in an area that keeps you healthy stay there. I have to deal with people all day long so my chances are increased to catch something.
I have gotten the flu shot/nasal spray for years and I haven't had the flu since I was a kid. The flu sucks and i'm glad to have dodged that bullet. I also got Anthrax vaccines, Hep A and B, and a host of others. I feel fine and haven't had any negative symptoms and don't see any coming my way.
Prevention is what matters and I know some of you may have a great immune system or live in an area that has a lower potential for infection, but thinking there is some alterior motive to get a flu shot doesn't add up.
If they wanted to spread something to a larger amount of the population they woulnd't use a flu shot. The public water systems, large companies that make food or drinks, or another huge provider of anything that we injest would be a better way for distribution. That is if the item the wanted us to have can be delivered that way. Then and only then would I think the flu shot is a carrier for something we don't want or need.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No, I do not get the flu shot, I sue to, but I don't anymore.

Basically I don't for two reasons, the primary one being that the
flu shot is in essence just a watered down flu visrus, which although
does make sense, I don't like the idea of it.

The second is because I hate taking medicine, I had to for the
first 11 years of my life, and I refuse to take any, except the
occassional Tylenol.

If I had kids, well it would depend, if I had one, I would'nt get
them the shot, if I had two, I'd get one the shot and not the other.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I will not have it either, Unless they tell us more about what's in the jab then im going no where near it,

My Grandmother does have it, she had hers last week and the next day she took major flu, she is in bed still now with chest and cold,

She has to take it as she is diabetic, but she really did not want to go for it this year,
Even she says that this makes her ill for ages,

Its strange and really does make me wonder if I should push her about getting it next time,

Its so hard to really get to grips with this flu jab, Something I hope here we can really look into, maybe find out as much info as we can!

As they say knowledge is power.

And for me...i tend to just get better myself with some herbal bits, i try to stay away from the trendy cold and flu remedies, For some odd reason they makle me feel much worse lol,.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by asala]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There are some very interesting articles here at this site. Read through some of this stuff, and decide for yourself if you want to take this shot. Read what some of these doctors are saying about this vaccine, the media hype that kicks off the scare to run and get this flu shot. Some doctors say influenza is a Vitamin D deficiency. If some of these doctors are questioning it, maybe we should too?

Yeah, I agree with asala, let’s use this thread to gather information so we can make an educated decision about how safe this vaccine really is? No harm, No foul…right? It surely could not hurt anything to collect information on the topic at hand.

Flu Vaccine Articles

Edit* fixing link

[edit on 12/30/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
It surely could not hurt anything to collect information on the topic at hand.

Flu Vaccine Articles

That site claims that flu is caused by a vitamin D deficiency.

Which means that all the people who died in the 1918 flu epidemic and the other pandemics since then suddenly ALL had a vitamin D deficiency (without developing scurvy) during the same time period and then they never had another mass seasonal vitamin D deficiency until 1957?
www.pandemicflu.gov...

I think the site may be more than just a little biased.

How about this site, instead:
www.pandemicflu.gov...#

Reasons why folks don't get the flu shots:
www.hsph.harvard.edu...

The current set of recommendations (and a fairly unbiased commentary)
www.physorg.com...

The Centers for Disease Control recommends that health care workers be immunized:
www.cidrap.umn.edu...

A less biased list of pros and cons
proliberty.com...

And some interesting points are brought up in this article from Slate (including "herd immunity")
www.slate.com...

<<   2  3 >>

join