It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hockey: World Junior Championships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow, just amazing, hockey played the way it was meant to be played. Not convoluted by STUPID Bettman an rules. Yeah they've adopted some new NHL rules and format but they aren't calling stupid, NEEDLESS penalties. I'm really enjoying these games.

There have been some serious surprises so far as well. Sweden is not as strong as expected. Team USA has been good but they've had too many CLOSE games going against them, ie: Germany. Now THERE'S the surprise of the tourny, where the hell did these guys come from?

Team Canada is no surprise, they are the 2 time defending champs and 3-0 as of today. Germany gave them a game and Team USA was more in the game than the 6-3 score accounted for. Team Canada is also without their #1 player, he's too busy leading the NHL in scoring. I'm refering to Sid the Kid.

Enjoy this hockey folks, after it we're back to the penalty laden NHL game that the league seems to want. :shk:

Shameless plug:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Canada/Russia final, as it has been for the last three years and with the same result. CANADA WINS GOLD!!!

www.tsn.ca...

And adds it's win streak to 18 straight, a tourny record.

It was a good game, with the exception of a little diving.

JbT

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Great Game!

O' Canada! :w:

Great show from all the other countrys too. Canada defiantly had to work for those wins, as it seems the competition keeps going up each year. The USA scared us for sure. Sweden beat us in pre-tourny I belive. Good show

new topics

join