It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles big or small you have seen in your lifetime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I wanted to make this thread seeing as how we live in such a faithless age, for those who believe God is everywhere and sees all we do. Since he has said that hes involved in our lives even having the hairs of our head numbered, I wanted you to share things that either were or could have been miracles that you have seen, big or small events that nature can;t explain.

Since I have seen quite a few ill let you post, and then im going to print this out.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
JesusisTruth, excellent post!!! I believe in miracles myself and the greatest miracle to me is the existence of Life itself. Two especially important types of miracles to me are Medical Miracles and Spiritual Miracles.

One Medical Miracle: my father suffered a major stroke 21 years ago that left half of his body temporarily paralyzed. He recovered miraculously and currently walks 5 miles a day.

One Spiritual Miracle: my conversion from atheism to Faith 11 years ago. Life has improved dramatically in many respects. (I would consider any conversion from atheism to Faith a Spiritual Miracle).

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would have to say the biggest miracles that have happened in my life that i can recall at the moment are:

The time I was shot in the back with a BB gun, it was only a centimeter or so from hitting my spine and paralyzing me.

There was also a time when i was fairly young and couldn't swim, i almost drowned in a pool but was thrown out of the water (ironically enough) by the man who was my stepfather at the time. It's ironic because he didn't treat my mom very well towards the end of their relationship but in that moment he was actually concerned for me.

Another miracle (in my opinion) is when i was about 13 or so; I saved a little girl from drowning in the river. It was in New Braunfels, Texas where people go tubing on the rivers (inner tubes). She fell off of her tube on a small (a foot or so) waterfall and was being swept downstream where it was deeper; I wasn't paying attention, and she managed to grab my foot (i was standing on a rock in the middle of the river) i grabbed her and helped her stay up until her mom got past the water fall.

The last miracle i can think of right at this moment is my relationship with my girlfriend. It's a miracle because of the way we got together and the fact that we are still together. We met in high school (i'm turning 19 in February and she has been 20 since October), she was dating a guy on and off for four years and they had planned to get married (talked about more than planned). He moved to North Carolina mid semester of her Junior and my Sophomore year. She called me one day during the summer wanting to hang out with me but i couldn't because i was on a trip to New Braunfels with my dad, so we agreed that as soon as i got back we would.

We hit it off immediately and we ended up falling asleep on the couch watching a movie with my friend. Our relationship went fine for about 6 months and then her ex started calling her and feeding her more lies about how he wanted to be with her (i know he was lying because he wrote love letters to her best friend). She was thinking about being with him but didn't want to because I treated her so good, then there were the times that she said she didn't deserve me. Well, we made it through all kinds of ups and downs and now we've been together for over 2 years. Things have been great for a year and really great for over 6 months, to me and her that is a sign that we are meant for each other.

One last miracle is the changes i've gone through. I consider them to be miracles, because now I have a totally different mindset than i did in the past. I'm not really sure why it has happened, but it has. Now i try not to put myself before others, and i try to show everyone love and offer them friendship or help if i can. This has happened over the past year or so. It's hard for me to explain to you guys, because you haven't known me my whole life, but i think it's good.

Peace and love

Pancho

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I'll share this.

Patient X's family told he is going to die over night, prepare for his death - they are distraught. Nurse A says not on my watch, goes into a room, switches off the light and prays (was heard by another nurse) to God -the prayer is not all pleading, but a direct 'he will live Lord' type.

Relatives go off to get an hours sleep, as the vent is going to be left on so they can get some rest.

Come back an hour later, the dudes awake, able to communicate with signs and a paper / pen (ventilated still), and to cut a long story short, told every one that he saw Jesus, Jesus healed him, and that he was given his life back..

2 years later he is fit and well although he has slight effects from his traumatic injuries ie a limp, lost three fingers ect, but he is alive.

Till I die i'll never forget that man or that night.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, aside from the miracle of God's forgiveness and salvation, I can think of one major miracle that happened in my life: a physical healing that was a direct result of and answer to prayer. In 1996 I started having severe gallstone trouble; I had 2 very serious attacks, the last of which landed me in the ICU at the local hospital. After a series of tests, including ultrasound, I was told that my gallbladder was very "diseased" and that if I did not have it removed in the near future I could be putting myself in severe danger of not only future attacks but also possible death if the organ should burst. After I was released from the hospital I began asking God to heal me and I have not had any trouble with it at all in the last 10 years. No gall stones, no pain no problems with the organ itself, nada, zilch, zero.

If anyone else out there has ever suffered from gallstone attacks you know that the pain is excrutiating and it seems that if you eat anything the least bit spicy or sweet it can set off an attack within hours. The first time I had such an attack I thought I was having a heart attack and really thought I might be dying. Prayer really does work and God still heals today. That is my miracle for this thread. There have been several others in my lifetime but that's enough for now.

Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thank you guys so much for responding.

Gtech I believe your conversion fromatheism is a miracle of grace. Please share with me what led you to the belief in God?

Poncho I know exactly what you mean when you say your mindset is different, I think its Gods grace. I too was a young kid that was full of laziness and selfishness, but I believe Gods grace and family prayers are the reason for our turn arounds. This is why we can never give up on souls because the worst sinner in the world can become a saint through prayer.

alot of these are miracles of grace.

Ill share acouple of small things, you can take them how you will.

I have a social anxiety disorder, and ive had it for ten years, at some points I would sit in side and never leave for months at a time, and the anxiety would get so bad that I would have welts formiing on my neck just by standing outside. Now I still have it but I do have a steady job.

last year I made a big move, and that was going to a pilgrimage of catholics all the way to new york, I live in maryland. Up until that point I couldnot even go 4 miles away from home or else I would have a panic attack so bad that I thought I would need to go to emergency room.

God granted me the grace to make this trip for a week without one panic attack which is a miracle of grace. You would understand if you knew me.

Now another miracle is that to prepare for the trip I needed exercise, so I had to buy a bike to ride to confession every week from my house which is about 3 miles away.

So it was christmas and I had only 57 dollars, not enough for a 12 speed right? All twelve speeds in the place were 80 dollars or more.

Unbelievably my mother found a bike, red and blue which I still have that was only 55 dollars. way under the retail price, she saidit was the only one they had that price.

To make it more amazing the bike has a sticker that has the date it was made. I dont look at stickers but this one I did, and the bike to my amazment although I believe God can do everything, was made on

05/31/04

may 31st is my birthday.

God is so unbelievable and he watches over us every second of the day.

if you are ever alone realize you are in his presence every second and hes involved in our lives more than you can imagine.

Ill write more later.

peace.

new topics

top topics

join