It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: When a loved one falls.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_87108
I'm at wits end. Someone very close to me is going through deep depression and I don't know if I'm (we're) strong enough to cope with the gathering storm which is sure to break after the extended family gathering disperses back to their homes and we are left to ourselves tomorrow night.

I only hope I have the strength and intelligence to listen carefully and begin to understand the depth of the troubles which haunt him.

I read this post in the Anonymous forum, which I love actually. Funny how things can be said when a person feels they can be whomever they are or whomever they wish they were. It's like getting drunk, you can say whatever and not take responsibility! Great idea.

To the reason for the thread. It touched me that one of our members is feeling some relief by expressing his heavy heart felt load on this website in a location where he/she isn't known. This person has reached out a hand.

I just wonder if anyone moved to do such could extend a *prayer* or whatever language expression you prefer to send forth healing love and/or compassion for a brother/sister.

I was amazed by the support offered for William One Sac, and I have seen other outpourings of well wishes and well meant advise and concern for each other before on ATS. I just read this person's post and wanted to help them with our combined compassion.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I saw this too and echo and commend your reaching out interestedalways. It touched me to. Christmas can be such a sad time for lots of people even when surrounded by family.

For whats its worth anonymous poster, your not alone. and i hope you can find the strenghth you need to get you and those close to you through these hard times.

So heads up, take a deep breath and hold on tight.

kode

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Kode
Thanks for breathing some life into this thread. Once something makes the rounds to the bottom of the recent post board it is often never to be seen again. You said:
"So heads up, take a deep breath and hold on tight."
Sometimes that is the best any of us are going to be able to do. Good words of wisdom.

To the Original Poster in the anon thread. You said :

"I only hope I have the strength and intelligence to listen carefully and begin to understand the depth of the troubles which haunt him."

Something tells me that you do have the strength and intellegence to help out this person. Just that you are using forethought in the situation and not just reacting puts you a bit ahead in the game. Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Gain Strength.

We all need each other and we all have more in common than we think.

new topics

join