It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The show stargate is part of the coverup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by silk101
Now weve worked that out the show must be a coverup as well.

Where and how have you worked out that it is a coverup? I don't see anything here except the fact that the show is well made.

I can pretty much guarantee that the government would not be making the show if they didn't want people to know anything about stargates. What would be the point? As 99% of the world's population would have no idea what a stargate was if they had never watched the show.

Next we will be reading that Smallville is a govenment conspiracy about super powered aliens, or there is a planet where all the people are yellow, and say d'oh! a lot and the government is trying to get us used to the idea incase they invade.

Not trying to be a smart arse but it is a TV show not the next JFK assignation.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Next time you watch it keep an eye on thier lips. At times what the characters lips are doing doesnt seem to to go with whats being said if you know what i mean.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Next time you watch it keep an eye on thier lips. At times what the characters lips are doing doesnt seem to to go with whats being said if you know what i mean.

Well I guess I can retract my statement that the show is well made.
Sounds like the sound and editing departments need to get their act together and get the lip syncing to match.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, richard dean anderson was made an honorary brigadier generalby the air force chief of staff

Just in case anyone is interested, here is Richard Dean Anderson at the Pentagon in 2004 being honoured by the USAF.

In the below photo we can see General John Jumper giving Anderson the honourary General stars.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

That's called an overdub, and it happens when they have to change something after the fact.

I know they did it during one of the A'shen episodes, because they had to change the way they pronounced the name.

Is that what you're talking about? They decided that "ashen" (like "passion") sounded weird after they'd made most of the shots, so they went back and overdubbed it to split the syllables "A-shen" like "A-choo", but it didn't really fit the lip movements. So it looks funny. Not only that, they missed a couple, if you pay close attention you'll hear Carter say "ashen" and the lip movements match.

A few times I've seen them "clean up" one of RDA's ad-libs by overdubbing what was probably profanity from the lip motions.

Here's a much more interesting photo, IMO, Amanda Tapping being presented with the US Flag of Appreciation:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Not to say that teleportation or similar technology will not or does not exsist, i think this thread is just wishful thinking.

the grittyness of stargate is probably what fuels the theorys, its a very well made show in some respects, much like how some of the x files episodes felt so real.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Heya.yeah considering i was the one who convinced you silk!
if ny1 wants 2 talk about the sgc wid sum1 who nos ppl whoi work there e-mail me on [email protected]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
yeah i noticed that aswell. general hammond often drops hints throughout the show.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
yes stargate is the only tv show that is approved by the us milatary

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well with the cast of stargate recieving national honours and the fact that Richard Dean-Anderson recieved a honoury rank in the USAF means something. As i already said earlier on in this thread thtat there is plenty of War/Military themed programmes. None of these have been endorsed by the USAF or other military forces. Now this is a Sci Fi show and its been endoresed by the USAF and its cast are reciving honours. Why are they doing this. The only reason i think they would give the cast diffrent national honours is for wearing the dress uniform of the USAF. But the cast are not seen in it that much anyway. Somethings still not right in my mind.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So that means Devlin and Emmerich... the directors of the original film, and also makers of conspiracy worth films as Universal Soldier, Godzilla, Independence Day & Day After Tommorrow... have some secret info, and are not just hack sci-fi film makers.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
StarGate was made up by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Universal Soldier, Godzilla, Independence Day & Day After Tommorrow... have some secret info, and are not just hack sci-fi film makers.

Every-one of those movies are Sci-fi films. I agree with you though, they are to an extent conspiracy orientated, Universal Soldier their has been plenty of conspiracies against the military trying to enhance the capabilities of soldiers through biological means.

Godzilla the effect pollution,radiation fallout (from the movie) has on wildlife and the possible genetic mutations that have taken place and continues to do so.

Independence Day the greatest conspiracy of them all Aliens, and the governments knowledge of their existence and weaponry.

Day after tomorrow the fact that the climate all over the world is changing rapidly and the effects it could have.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by marcopolo]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
The previous threads regarding the idea of a device called a "Stargate" actually being real have been closed

Na uh didn't close mine or Undo's LOL but I did move mine to hers to save cross posting data...

And to the poster about the Air Force sponsorship...

Its Air Force, Department of Defense AND Space Command... THREE government agencies that are directly involved with outer space...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by damo1988
yes stargate is the only tv show that is approved by the us milatary

Actually, that is wrong. The military has endorsed MANY tv shows and movies that have a part of the armed services in them. The military often "hires out" experts to work on movie sets to help them get things right, military wise.

One standout movie that did initially have help and endorsment from the military was independance day, but they pulled out when the directory would not remove references to area 51, but they were involved up to that point.

Also, if the show stargate is a coverup, why the hell would they put a show on tv, giving away a highly guarded secret to cover it up??? Wouldn't they just NOT put the show on??? Think about it.

And telling the actors secrets like this? You've got to be kidding.

I've yet to see anyone present ANY eveidence that stargates are real. It's usually "I think they are real". Show me some evidence please.

How about, I think cartoons are real, and the cartoons on tv are just a cover up to prevent us from thinking they are real. The movie Cool World was really true, it's just a cover up.

That statement has as much merit as this stargate theory, no?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by General_Neil1989
if ny1 wants 2 talk about the sgc wid sum1 who nos ppl whoi work there e-mail me on [email protected]

What? What language is that? Can you spell correctly please?

Sorry, one of my pet peaves.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
you do realize you're talking about a science-fiction show right? just because they throw a couple "strange looks at the camera" or have what appears to be "realistic, military protocol" doesn't mean that it's real

by that logic...star wars, the x-files, independence day, men in black, the matrix, etc. are all real as well...but then again, who am i to say they aren't?

THE TRUTH WILL NEVER BE REVEALED! If you want it so bad, get an invisibility cloak and a time machine...then you can figure everything out as you wish. If you don't have those, you're boned

Please don't misconstrue what I mean, this is a great topic and makes for excellent discussion...but if you look at it realistically, it sounds ridiculous

Also, on the topic of Richard Dean Anderson being honorarily inducted into the Air Force or whatever...why wouldn't the army want MacGyver?!

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Originally posted by General_Neil1989

What? What language is that? Can you spell correctly please?

Sorry, one of my pet peaves.

i think what he means is "if anyone wants to talk about the stargate conspiracy, would someone who knows people who work there e-mail me..."

it's one of my pet peeves too, but i've learned to adapt

*edit*

it's also one of my pet peeves when people will think about a topic as ludicrous as this and use about .0000001% of the scientific method(not that the scientific method is the process used in this type of thing, but you know what i mean) and interpret it as fact

i mean...when that dude said "Now weve worked that out the show must be a coverup as well" i quite literally LOL'd

perhaps i missed all the indisputable facts(wow, i'm in a terrible mood tonight or something...i've been ripping everything apart)

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Sacreligion]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm still trying to work out why it hasn't been moved to Skunk Works yet. Although I will say this, having used to manage a bar I can say that Cheers was very realistic.

If the government didn't want anyone to know about something they don't make a TV show about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
also, it's way off-topic, but that "Big guns" ad at the top there is cracking me up, considering the website it's advertised on

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join