It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The show stargate is part of the coverup

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Has it ever occured to any one that the shows Stargate SG1 and Atlantis have been made to coverup the fact that the American military posses a stargate in real life. The show is amazing but it was there so that it takes the scent of whats actually going on in real life.

If you tell people that such a device as a stargate exists you get answers like are you insane or you do know thats just a TV programme you know. I know there are already people that beleive the stargate exists on ATS and there is also a few other posts to do with this on ATS. But i am only intrested in peoples views on wheter the show is a coverup or not.

Admin edit: Condensed title to make more sense

[edit on 30-12-2006 by SimonGray]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think it is I mean it makes total sense they did the same thing with the Men In Black.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The previous threads regarding the idea of a device called a "Stargate" actually being real have been closed because there is alot of chatter which takes place, but nothing more in-depth than:

"I think its real, the show is a way of covering it up"

or

"Its real, but whenever we mention it we get shouted down as kooks"

If this thread is to continue, lets try and give some insight, evidence, at least a little backup please.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Simon Gray i can see what you're saying but it will be hard to actually find evidence of this. The only way to find out is to question the people who actually star in it. But if what im saying is true then they have most likely been silenced by the USAF.
Until we get hard evidence of this it will have to be a case of you beleive or dont beleive. What prompted my belief is an episode called womhoe x-treme where sg1 watches a show which briefly mimics what happens in SG1.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by silk101
Until we get hard evidence of this it will have to be a case of you beleive or dont beleive. What prompted my belief is an episode called womhoe x-treme where sg1 watches a show which briefly mimics what happens in SG1.

as you mentioned the hilarious episode 'wormhole xtreme', i thought i would point out something odd that i noticed when watching it. if anybody has the episode then i urge you to check it out.

obviously it could be part of an in-joke considering the episode subject matter but watch closely the little speech being given by hammond in the briefing room regarding the tv show, the stargate and how it should be handled. he looks DIRECTLY into the camera very briefly at one point when he says something like 'of course if they allow us to stay on air' and it is really wierd. i have not seen any other time when one of the actors looks directly into the camera and it always struck me as an extremely strange speech/scene.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Also in SG1 series 7 episodes 17 and 18 there is that guy who has been told by the presidet to film what goes on at Stargate Command. At the end of episode 18 Hammond says "its a shame no one is going to see it" and when he says it his eyes look half open which is wierd. There seems to be hints carefully woven into the show.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
well, it's surprising that stargate sg-1 was the only show to be endorsed by a branch of the military (the airforce of course)

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, it's surprising that stargate sg-1 was the only show to be endorsed by a branch of the military (the airforce of course)

wasn't there a real life general who appeared in it also? not sure who he was but it was some high up military person

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well they would need a real Genral there because if what im saying is true then the cast of stargate could give away classified data. It also seems strange that the show is actually endorsed by the USAF other films and shows have a military/war theme by the US military has not gone so far as endorsing those.
Well somethings up.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
wasn't there a real life general who appeared in it also? not sure who he was but it was some high up military person

well, richard dean anderson was made an honorary brigadier generalby the air force chief of staff

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by silk101

he looks DIRECTLY into the camera very briefly at one point when he says something like 'of course if they allow us to stay on air' and it is really wierd. i have not seen any other time when one of the actors looks directly into the camera and it always struck me as an extremely strange speech/scene.

I know exactly what you mean its as if his body is trying to tell us something that his mouth can't. Because whatever he wold like to say is probably classified.

[edit on 31-12-2006 by silk101]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If the show realy was a cover up I don't think they would tell the actors, then it would give them deniability. did they realy make Richard Dean anderson a Brigadier general?

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
well i don't think anyone has had the guts to ask them whether or not they know if its a coverup. Its not as if they are going to say its not a coverup without anyone asking either as that will look suspicous.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I told my husband that there was and is a thread of truth that runs through all their episodes. Compared to other sci-fi programmes; this one is much more believable.

Do I believe the government has something similiar? Yes, I do. There are many reasons that I feel that there is more to these programmes than meets the eye. The military protocol is spot on for one. Also, the base looks too realistic and I think there is a base in some mountains somewhere in the US. It may be in Colorado, or Utah. I can't recall which state. I seem to recall my ex-boyfriend from AFJROTC being stationed at a mountain base with his wife.

It was so long ago and I can't recall the details exact, only that when I see the base which says Cheyenne Mountains, there is something too realistic about it to my way of thinking.

The markings on the walls and the layout of the terminals under the mountain suggest to me that there is alot of military collaboration involved in the making of the programmes.

I must reiterate, I was a cadet in AFJROTC and I grew up as a military brat and from 18-28 was a military wife. So, I can recognise tell tale signs of authenticity in what I see in Stargate.

There are war programmes and other sci-fi programmes with military themes, but again, Stargate has a realism that goes beneath what people see on the surface.

Also, I would really like to see how they make the stargates operate for the programme, given the size of the oracle. The cost in just producing the special effects for the gates must be astronomical. Look at the set of Atlantis-what must their effects bill be like.

I have seen how they have done some of the special effects like the Asgard and the other characters. I am not interested in that aspect of special affects, but the Goua'ld rings and the oracle itself.

[edit on 31/12/06 by rachel07]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
G'day all,

I understand that this thread is in relation to the tv show The Stargate and analysis of it , not wanting to hijack this thread, I'd just like to mention for those of you who may be interested in the historical aspect of the Stargate and the ancient Sumerian civilisation that used it, please jump onto the following link which I have going titled-

"Sumerian Origins of Humans - How religion and science combine!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

aswell as the folowing one titled-

"Is there a Star-Gate/Alien Tech in Iraq? The REAL reason for invasion?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I know they are on a slightly different tangent but it delves into the background behind it which may help the discussion regarding the tv show.

I personally think that alot of shows/movies produced do have some sort of hidden warnings/prophecies etc. for the future, such as Terminator Trilogy and Skynet which is actually due to come online by 2010. If any of you are interested in the skynet info, just click on the following link and try and keep up with the text on the presentation, you may have to pausse the screen at each fram to read it properly - titled "They Want Your Soul"
informationclearinghouse.info...

Also I beleive there were alot of hidden "Hints" in the Matrix movie.

SG1 is indeed trying to put people off the idea of a stargate like mentioned previously with the M.I.B movies.

What next?

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Rachel you seem quite knowlegeable of military protocol. please explain how the military protocol is used well as i don't know enough about military protocol to be able tell the diffrence.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am in the UK Air Training corps which is the cadet force of the RAF so i have a bit of knowledge on military protocol. I think that area 51 or the S4 site where Bob Lazar worked are places where the a stargate or similar extraterestrial technology is held. there is romoured to be a stargate in the UK as well. The USAF must know about UFOs and alein species enough as there have been quite a lot of sightings (although most are fake). Incident like the roswell incident and rendlesham forest incident prove that the USAF know a lot more than they are letting on about this matter.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Yes, there was a USAF general that did a walkon part in one episode - I can't remember which one. You can spot him by the fact he can't act.
I think he had one line.

As far as it being endorsed, why not? It's probably one of the few programs that is fairly positive for the military, in that they usually portray the guys as (generally) using some sense. Most of the characters, even the secondary ones, have some depth and aren't all alike. Some of the military are bastidges, although most are not. Some of the higher rank officers are blatant political climbers, though most are not. The intel guys mostly suck *coffaccuratecoff* but even they aren't all bad, Maybourne is an Intel arsehole that you can usually count on in the clinch, for example.

The only two things we commented on as being sad were that it took a Canadian film company to do a halfway decent portrayal of the military, and that it was USAF.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There is no way even if the show had some basis of truth, that they would tell actors the truth. Can you imagine if some of them where to talk, with being actors, especially if they need a bit of publicity that week. Then all kinds of secrets would be revealed.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They probably had to sign the official secrets act or a similar document. There is too much realism about this show compared to all the other sci fi shows out there. I've seen Star Trek, Torchwood, Doctor Who and a few others and none of them have realism at all. Stargate just has something about it which other shows don't. Also there are plenty of threads on ATS about stargates existing (but they dont particuarly mention the show). There is also quite a lot of sites which mention real stargates and books which mention nothing else but real stargates. Now weve worked that out the show must be a coverup as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join