It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21st century War of the Worlds. Where do you stand?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
To Russian to be a anti-american..

As he lives in USA..

Also he thinks that Bush is good..

He just hates the way that you think that USA is SO SPECIAL..

As it isnt..

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Fulcrum,

have you been to the US?

I always wondered this about you.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
We are the ONLY superpower left on the planet, and aren't YOU glad it was us instead of the USSR?!

Aren't YOU glad we are standing BETWEEN the likes of North Korea, China and the Extreme Islamofacists and YOU?!

If you're not, that's ok it doesn't matter. YOUR country is probably IRRELEVANT and POWERLESS on a global level anyway. We WILL keep the world as fair and free as we can INSPITE of your hatred and weakness!

P...
m...

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Uh, I thought we were talking about alien invasions here?

Anyway, Springer you might be talking about the "V" series. But that was only on TV as far as I know...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thats so cute!

you crack me up with this BS!

Freedom is a curse word..

The more the politicans talk about you having freedom, less you have it IRW.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
To Russian to be a anti-american..

As he lives in USA..

Also he thinks that Bush is good..

He just hates the way that you think that USA is SO SPECIAL..

that sounds contradictive, also how does having nukes make it sound like jingles was saying America is invincible?

Russian...

Maybe you should count to 10 before you go off, or something, all you accomplish is making yourself look foolish.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well since you didn't answer my question Fulcrum then I maybe can add some insight on Finland your country.

I know a bit about Finland and I understand that Russia has invaded it several times in past. It seems that part of original Finish territory is still held by Russia, No?

I also know that much of Scandanivia was controlled by the Swedes in the past too.

Finland is very aware of its very large and agressive neighbour and always lives in a bit of fear or awareness of it. You have a 'supposed' non-agression pact with Russia but I doubt that anyone in Finland believes that Russia would honor it if they did not want to.

All the same Finland is fairly militarized for a small country, somewhat like Israel is due to a relatively similar situation. A number of areas of highways for example are capable of being used as runways for military jets.

I am not sure of Finnish alliances with groups like NATO etc., I doubt this as Russia would not offer a non-aggression pact on those terms I doubt.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Nope that's not it... I saw "V" on TV though it was pretty good too but this series of books is WAY BETTER. I am embarassed that I can't recall the name but I can't...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I would choose to be a neutral spectator preferably.
But if I had to choose sides then I would choose the side that's winning.

But if their planet and civilization is better than ours then I
just might join them.
That way I might end up immigrating to their planet,epecially
if the economy and standard of living is better.
And leave the U.S. and planet earth with all it's follies and miseries behind.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Who are we kidding... most of us would die in the first wave.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by yogibear
That way I might end up immigrating to their planet,epecially
if the economy and standard of living is better.
And leave the U.S. and planet earth with all it's follies and miseries behind.

It all depends on whether or not their females are hot...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This really doesnt belong to here:

But ill say this much:

We kicked their bottoms everytime..
(Any invader.. ultimately.. wars in 1940s left 2million Russians
[of these Germans estimated that 1million died in 105 days of brutal combat during Winter War..) and 80k Finnish soldiers dead..)

Also we have no deals with Russia.

If you want to talk more about this cry to my u2u..

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I just read your signature... YOU SUPPORT Osama Bin Laden?!

WOW! That's over the top dude! YOU are completely off your rocker huh?

Damn, I bet you would go with the Aliens too huh? Just sign right up and turn in every Human that was fighting against them right?

I mean what the hell they are going to win anyway right?

P...
m...

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
My signature just states a fact that is said by him.

I will not comment any futher.

Also i would not be on the side of the 'aliens'.. if some were to come here and start a trouble i would do my best to smoke as many of them as possible..

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Fulcrum,

Having travelled your country fairly extensively and meeting many Finns, I may have some of my facts incorrect as I am not a citizen.

I was told that Finland had a deal with the Russians or did have a deal at one time. This is not something that I would mix up as there are not a lot of instances in history where these exist actually.

I do not doubt that Finland would do well versus the Russians as your country is largely forest and lakes in many areas and these are not easy places to fight.

Still I have some difficulty understanding your attitude towards the US, a place you have never been to and apparently know so little about.

Yet on the other hand you go on about how superior the Russian armaments are when you indicate in your prior post that you do not have concern for Russian capabilities?

You contradict yourself and that is MY POINT.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well I am GLAD that we can count on you as far as the aliens go mate! BUT you HAVE to DUMP the Osama signature my man!

WHY would you want to support a COWARD that hides in a cave in a WOMAN'S DRESS?!?!?!?!

George Herbert Walker Bush, Jr. Flies ANYWHERE he wants and DOES whatever he wants WHENEVER he wants and YOU have this dress wearing cave dweller's comments in your signature.... ASTOUNDING!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If Aliens every did invade the earth, I doubt we would stand a chance.
We cant even send a man to mars yet, Well from what i know of technology, its a far ways till we do.
The single fact that an invading alien force were to travel this far, shows thier superior technology.
Im sure thier weapons would also be far more advanced than our nukes.
I doubt the Us could put a front.
I dont doubt that thier egos will be thrown out of of the bad.
Deep

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Whatever the aliens intentions are we would be powerless to stop them. If they can get to earth than their techonology is far beyond ours. We have only been flying for around 100 years. We are babies technology wise.

As far as nuking the planet at the first sign of aliens, that is ridiculous. What would that accomplish. That is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Don't you think it is better to try to preserve the human race?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Still I have some difficulty understanding your attitude towards the US, a place you have never been to and apparently know so little about.

Neo,

You dont know nothing about what i know or dont.'
Besides i know plenty about US.

Yet on the other hand you go on about how superior the Russian armaments are when you indicate in your prior post that you do not have concern for Russian capabilities?

No i dont.

Russian weapons are GOOD. (Most of them are the best of their classes.)

But if they should and try to use them against us the Finns.. that would just turn to a another ugly massacre of Russian troops in our terrain.. (Besides.. we have plenty good Russian, western and domestic weapons.. all top of the line. and not to mention the quality of our personel/training which is without parallel..)

When others would despair we just keep trying, and in the end we will prevail!
(Proven fact.. something called SISU..)

But like i said:

Please cry to my u2u..

As this isnt the place for this!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Neo,

You dont know nothing about what i know or dont.'
Besides i know plenty about US.

No i dont.

Russian weapons are GOOD. (Most of them are the best of their classes.)

But if they should and try to use them against us the Finns.. that would just turn to a another ugly massacre of Russian troops in our terrain.. (Besides.. we have plenty good Russian, western and domestic weapons.. all top of the line. and not to mention the quality of our personel/training which is without parallel..)

When others would despair we just keep trying, and in the end we will prevail!
(Proven fact.. something called SISU..)

But like i said:

Please cry to my u2u..

As this isnt the place for this!

Russian weapons aren't just "good"...
compare your average UAZ l a v(UAZ light armoured vehicle) from the 80's production line with the HUMv/2.

your average HUMv2 does 160km offroad per fuel tank...compare that with the 370km your average UAZ does in the tundras

russian technology, from the 80's still beats the crap out of the U.S, why? most of america's inventors were russian employees migrated to the US after the US.S.R's downfall in 91'...
however, the majority stuck it out, and bit the bullet...worked on low budgets.
Russian technology is superior....the tech. from the 80's still is borderline superior to the american's "tech".

imagine the technology if the U.S.S.R would have remained a superpower

the U.S comes out #2, simply because the russian way has always been a lot tougher.. the testing on russian machines has always been past their limits(unlike the americans).

finland, like so many other countries...bought russian technology cheap as dirt after their downfall,

russia will never invade any1 again..game's over for them, it's time to kinda stop the U.S, before we all start glowing in the dark.
Cyrus

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join