It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21st century War of the Worlds. Where do you stand?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hypothetical Situation & Question:

Government Conspiracies notwithstand, let's say tomorrow a non-benevolent group of aliens attacks Earth.

They are air breathers, bipedal, with an intellect superior to ours, but not tremendously so. Their technology is 22nd century stuff.

We believe them to be a scouting sortie for a larger armada.

How do you think the world is going to respond?

What are you going to do?

hrxll

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
lie down and let the flames swallow me

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Realize my sexual fantasies.

Heh, heh,

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What am I going to do?

I dont know. Get scared? LOL!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

I dont get scared. Im SUPERMAN!!! LOL!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Superman is an alien. Maybe you are the advanced scouting party. Everybody grab some kryptonite and kick that mutha's ass.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Theres not much you can do if a warring race of space faring aliens comes here. Any intelligent warmongering alien race would simply shoot at us from orbit or further out. Perhaps just poison the atmosphere. No close-contact attacks. We would all be doomed.

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by heelstone]

Pi

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i'd uh... laugh at everyone who laughed at me for being paranoid. ^_^ And then I'd probably make a sign that said, "All aliens are to be invited over for tea, crumpets, and a kicking of Pres. Bushes ass." ^_^

I just don't like that man.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They wouldn't attack while we have nukes. Unless they find a way to stop them too. Then were really screwed.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If an alien civilization is capable of faster than light travel and can travel the galaxy with ease I dont think nukes will be a problem to them.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
unless they're immune to radiation, that might be the only way to stop them..destroying ourselves and the world

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Well if they were killing us off I'd think they'd want to save our planet as the spoil of war.

Maybe enslave some of us.

I would hope that the world govts would unleash every secret weapon they have on them.

I suppose I'd sit by trying to go about life until they killed me.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
They wouldn't attack while we have nukes. Unless they find a way to stop them too. Then were really screwed.

Damn I hate IGNORENT AMERICANS like YOU!!

You think YOU are the BEST and INVINCIBLE!

YOU ARENT look at 9/11!

Did USA stop that from HAPPENING!!

STFU

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by MrJingles

Damn I hate IGNORENT AMERICANS like YOU!!

You think YOU are the BEST and INVINCIBLE!

YOU ARENT look at 9/11!

Did USA stop that from HAPPENING!!

STFU

wow someone has a severe problemn with America... Mr. Jingles was just offering an opinion and off you go with your Anti US spam. Get back to the weapons forum your worse than Colonel was with democrats back when he first came in.

I think that in that scenario i would become a recluse to my shelter and hope for the best.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well since most people don't believe aliens exist then they would wipe out many people. Furthermore, since a good percentage of the population are weasels or wrongly believe that aliens HAVE to be moral, I would expect them to join with the aliens against the rest of us.

This has likely already happened in a number of forms btw. Yeah I hear you laughing now... but just wait...

There is only one thing you can do, hide and try to connect with others for the sole purpose of preserving FREEDOM loving humanity. Maybe you can attack when conditions warrant but generally find a way to preserve what was in case you can get out of here or even if help is on the way.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Depends on what the aliens want.

If they want to kill us, I'd just poop my pants and run to the hills. Same with enslaving us.

If they want to conquer us and make us part of their vast interstellar empire, I might just join them (depending on their philosophies).

I mean humanity might benefit from being conquered by aliens. No more war, someone else to be racist against besides other humans, a huge leap in technology, space travel, etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I believe the first post said that they were attacking earth?

Do you propose we wait around to develop a translator to ask them what their intentions are?

Funny how this reminds me again of 'When Mars Attacks.'

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaoftheNight

wow someone has a severe problemn with America... Mr. Jingles was just offering an opinion and off you go with your Anti US spam. Get back to the weapons forum your worse than Colonel was with democrats back when he first came in.

I think that in that scenario i would become a recluse to my shelter and hope for the best.

I am NOT ANTI-AMERICAN!

I just hate how SOME of YOU think USA is INVINCIBLE!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Id run to my temple and hid behind the statues of my gods praying for them to help me.....wait...thats hindus

I would Fight...Where is your honor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight till I get a paper cut...then run like a sissy isinging "bye bye bye" by N-Sync.
Deep

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Having been a SciFi Book fan for over 20 years I have What are the chances of infiltrating the bastards (assuming they are here for conquest) and popping a big one off in their laps?

Not much i agree but something...

Neo has the right idea, it's a damn big planet and you could quite possibly hide out long enough with a member of the opposite sex and hopr to keep the species alive at the very least. Assuming you got a decent physical specimen to accompany you to the cave it could a most enjoyable endeavor to boot!

The thought of a "moderately" superior race coming here and kicking our backsides is intriguing to say the least, it kind of gives half a chance by default yes?

the typical scenario is a SUPER SUPERIOR race shows up and *winks* us out of existence...

One of the best book series I have ever read on this subject is in my house in Dallas (I am in the Oklahoma house at the moment) and I can't remember its name but it starts out with an old retired General watching the news in Santa Barbara, California and seeing the huge ships start fires all over the L.A. basin. His younger brother is a pilot who ultimately dies attempting to put these fires out in his plane, ring any bells? Damn I wish I could remember the name of those books. They are damn good reading if this possibility interests you.

Soon as I get back to the Dallas house (tomorrow night)I'll post the name of the books and Author here...

The bottom line in this series of stories is the invading race of aliens are barely higher than Humanity in the grey matter department and end up having to enlist "Quislings" to rat out the resistence. Turns out all they are after is the water... The fewking water!

I have rambled on and on (it's the whisky) hoping I would recall the name of the books but alas I have not...

Tomorrow night I will have the name right here...

PEACE...
m...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join