It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2U icon keeps flashing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just wondered why this is happening, as I don't have any U2u's at the moment.

Just thought I should bring it up, it's been doing it since the 23rd, the last time I had a U2U.

Sorry If theres a thread for this or If I should have just U2U'd someone (the irony).

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
is it flashing on a new page or one that has remained open? try pressing F5 to refresh the page. if it's still there and no u2u is visible then i don't know

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Try deleteing Newsletters and all IM's from staff. That should o the trick.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's on every page I look, actually.

Do you mean every U2U to delete, or just some? I like keeping the Applause ones.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
if you go through the list of u2u's you have, maybe there is one you havent read yet - it will have bold text. maybe a staff announcement or something

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Either save, or delete the offending u2u.

As mentioned, it should have bold text.

It's an old problem, occurs from time to time it seems.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The text may not even be bolded. For some strange reason, some member's u2us, need to be deleted or saved in order to stop the button from flashing.

Delete them all or pick and choose which ones you want to keep. Save those and delete the resolve the issue.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks, it seems it just wasn't bolded, I just looked at the top 3 then it stopped.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Thanks, it seems it just wasn't bolded, I just looked at the top 3 then it stopped.

Thanks!

hmm. i've had this happen before where a u2u i havent read has been greyed as it if has been. perhaps a staff member could explain why this happens sometimes.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
hmm. i've had this happen before where a u2u i havent read has been greyed as it if has been. perhaps a staff member could explain why this happens sometimes.

I think that may be a very small glitch in the new transformation. I can not remember having this problem prior to Dark Matter, but I can recollect a few times since. May be wrong, but I'm not too sure.

I'd recommend letting Zed know in the bug thread.

NOW you can help Dark Matter evolve - Problems?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I think that may be a very small glitch in the new transformation. I can not remember having this problem prior to Dark Matter, but I can recollect a few times since. May be wrong, but I'm not too sure.

I'd recommend letting Zed know in the bug thread.

NOW you can help Dark Matter evolve - Problems?

no, its not due to the changes as i had it happen to me once long before they happened.

i've visited the bug thread several times recently

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Patience is the key. This is a huge site that is undergoing a lot of advancements. Just look at all of the new threads Skeptic has been authoring. Small things like u2u's flashing or what text is and is not bolded, are on the back burner for the time being.

I'm sure they'll get to all of it.

new topics

top topics

join