It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian, Chinese team to map glacier melt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

NEW DELHI - A joint Indian-Chinese team plans to chart remote Himalayan glaciers that scientists fear are rapidly melting because of global warming, threatening the great rivers that give life to one of South Asia's most fertile regions.

MSNBC/AP

It is apparent that global warming upon us. It is very tragic that there are wars going on at this very moment, when all resources should be used to try to do something about this. I don't know how long it will take, but this will be catastrophic for all life as we know it, unless it can be somehow reversed, before it's too late.

This should be a wake up call for all people of all nations, to lay down their weapons, and protect the planet that we live on.

No particular piece of land, no religion, no group of people, no natural resource will matter then...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't know what can be done when the earth is in control. We had global cooling in the 70s that was probably caused by nuclear testing in the 50s and 60s. The earth goes thru cycles and we've known for years we are on our way out of an ice age. On our way out of an ice age means it's going to get warmer. No amount of $$$ is going to stop it.

mikell

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
I don't know what can be done when the earth is in control. We had global cooling in the 70s that was probably caused by nuclear testing in the 50s and 60s. The earth goes thru cycles and we've known for years we are on our way out of an ice age. On our way out of an ice age means it's going to get warmer. No amount of $$$ is going to stop it.

mikell

Do you or anyone else have a link or research stating that we are coming out of an ice age? I would like at least one for my own personal Global Warming archive.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Last Ice age was over 12 thousand years ago IIRC. Ice Ages happen in a frequency of roughly 12 thousand years(12.5 I believe is the running average).

top topics

join