It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloned animal meat will be sold to public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The US gave the go-ahead yesterday for milk and meat from cloned animals to be sold to consumers in a move likely to be seized upon by manufacturers who want to sell cloned meat in Britain and the European Union.

The Food and Drug Agency, a government department in charge of food safety, issued a draft ruling allowing the sale of cloned cattle, pigs and goats to go on sale with no obligation to state the origin of the meat on labels. The ruling, which decided that meat from cloned animals and their offspring was "as safe to eat" as that from naturally-raised animals, came after a five-year review.

The decision was heavily criticised by American consumer groups in the US, including the Consumer Federation of America, which said the FDA had not investigated the safety, ethical and religious issues surrounding biotechnology - the science behind cloning - to a sufficient extent.

www.commondreams.org...

keep the bold section in mind before you chomp down on that juicy cloned double cheesburger...
comments?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey buddy, already a couple threads discussing this very topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Hey buddy, already a couple threads discussing this very topic.

ya i know BUT they dont say that the usa aproved the selling of cloned animal meat and they dont say sheep is not on the list for safe....

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracymaster

The US gave the go-ahead yesterday for milk and meat from cloned animals to be sold to consumers in a move likely to be seized upon by manufacturers who want to sell cloned meat in Britain and the European Union.

The Food and Drug Agency, a government department in charge of food safety, issued a draft ruling allowing the sale of cloned cattle, pigs and goats to go on sale with no obligation to state the origin of the meat on labels. The ruling, which decided that meat from cloned animals and their offspring was "as safe to eat" as that from naturally-raised animals, came after a five-year review.

The decision was heavily criticised by American consumer groups in the US, including the Consumer Federation of America, which said the FDA had not investigated the safety, ethical and religious issues surrounding biotechnology - the science behind cloning - to a sufficient extent.

www.commondreams.org...

keep the bold section in mind before you chomp down on that juicy cloned double cheesburger...
comments?

I do not see where ethics or religious issues should matter its meat. I feel a slight bit of anger whenever people say that the government should consider religious issues when making decisions. I believe in SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Man this is worrying... don't cloned animals usually die before most non-cloned animals? And we're going to DIGEST this meat without knowing if it's cloned or not? Might become a vegetarian but hey - how do we know the vegetables we eat are not Genetically Modified? This mystifies me beyond belief.

Ludicrous.

- Naz

join