It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betty Hill UFO Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Amazing Story, I really enjoyed watching and hearing it.

video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
One of the best abduction encounters ever. No one has ever been able to discredit her. She was a great icon.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I agree with above, I know on other posts I seem
to be a skeptic. But this account along with the
Snowflake, New Mexico tale makes me worry.

I know that the star map and Barney's concern
about racial concerns makes the report very real.

Even the description of the humanoids, with caps
and loose-fitting clothes leads one to believe that
something very starnge went on that night.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There are several things about the Hill Encounter that seem to give it a 'High Strangeness'

1. Radioactive traces on the hood or trunk of the car
2. Barney's shoes were scraped on the tops as though he was dragged semiconscious by two, perhaps more creatures, holding him under the arms while his legs trailed behind.
3. Betty had the first example of an amniocentesis operation before it was even set up as a medical procedure, so she could not have known about that procdure.
4. The star map of ZR. Marjorie Fish's examination showed only part of the constellation. Only later did we find the missing stars.

The dragged shoe tops is a subtle detail that would not normally be probative, but it lends credence to the story.

There's more, but it's got an appeal. Some have tried to debunk it but so far the story has held up much better than the Travis Walton story.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This incident seems to be authentic, I wonder why the ET's didn't want Betty to walk away with their manual or "book". It would have made the case, twice as exciting.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wow! I didn't know about the 'scraped shoes' evidence,
That's a little thing that becomes a big thing in pondering
whether all this happened.
The star-map has me baffled, I tend to be dubious with
any account of an abduction or sighting, but this so-called
Zeta Reticula formation means that a lot of background
work went into this possible hoax,... or it happened.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
She should have had her earrings fingerprinted. =)

Good to see they use collective decision making while maintaining the ability to give each other free thought without reprise.

Her description of the text being in columns.. I wonder if it resembled anything from this page?

www.abduct.com...

(BTW, some of those pictures on that site are clickable for much better views)

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Check here for info if interested...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Garzok and thanks for gathering all of that information on the Hills in one place for all of us to refer to.
One of the things most people don't know about this couple is that they were very well known in their area and were very active in the community in which they lived. Both were very active in their local political and social scene and were well respected all across the county -- everybody knew them.
Because of this, when they came out with their abduction story, most people in that region of the country had no doubt that they were telling the truth as they knew it -- so at least the Hills had that going for them and thank goodness for that because at the end of the day, it was that emotional support that they received from those who loved and respected them that they were able to garner the emotional strength and fortitude to tell the rest of the world about what they experienced in a very lucid, honest and credible manner -- so much so, eventually they were able to even win over even those hard-core skeptics who initially scoffed at their story only to turn around and consider that in fact they were telling the truth.

[edit on 31-12-2006 by Palasheea]

new topics

top topics

join