It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam is now in the hands of the Iraqis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

[ur=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6217725.stm]bbc[/url]

"The American side has notified us that they have handed over the president to the Iraqi authorities," lawyer Khalil al-Dulaimi said, quoted by Reuters.

This follows a day of speculation about when Saddam Hussein will be executed.

An appeal against Saddam Hussein's execution for killing 148 Shias in the 1980s failed earlier this week.

A trial in a second case, genocide against Kurds, continues.

the days finaly arrived
wounder how many dirty secrets of his former pals he will be taking to his grave?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Why do I get the impression someone is going to attempt a rescue mission now that he's been handed over?

Even worse, why do I get the impression the US Administration would benefit from such a thing hapening?

Hey, if he does get freed, you heard it from me first... but it's unlikely.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Why do I get the impression someone is going to attempt a rescue mission now that he's been handed over?

I've got a feeling something will go down also, not necessarily an attempt at rescue, but something.

I'm up and wide awake at 3am looking stupid cause I would normally be sound asleep but I just can't for some reason.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well there's no need to lose sleep about it, maybe you should ask yourself what else is on your mind and write it down, that usually helps me sleep.

I get the feeling something is going to happen that either ...

A: Makes Saddam look even more evil to the US citizens, while giving his followers exactly what they want.

B: Gives Saddams followers some sort of GO command to execute a certain laid out plan upon his death.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You mean he was handle to his enemies the Shiite majority in the government

I love how the government wants to make an all Iraqi affair.

Why not handle his body to the Kurds so they can also get retribution.

Then after that we should have him mummified and put in display in Washington to remind all of us why we are in the mess call Iraq.

We have killed one littler bad man and now the world is a safer place.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Based on what I've seen, this is starting to look like a rush job. My guess is that "somebody" in the "coalition of the willing" madea ush behind thescenes to have Saddam hung before the end of this calendar year. In the wake of Saddam's death, I would not be surprised to see Mr. Bush declare victory in Iraq (again)...at which time he would announce that the Iraqi government has asked us to leave.

Bear in mind that Mr. Bush is due to make a State of the Union speech on or near January 20. If he doesn't hit the ball out of the park with 'something' truely decisive, he can look forward to a year of partisan misery on Capitol Hill. Saddam's demise has no doubt been kept on the back burner...just in case.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to see him go. He has scarred several generations and it's going to take his nation the rest of this century to get over what he put them through. Ask any German over the age of 65. It's not easy to put those demons to rest.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I agree with you, Justin, the Republican party is in trouble, having Saddam death and then bringing the great news that our troops will be leaving Iraq will help bring the political campaign of the Republicans to a good start for the 2008 elections.

If you has notice most of the already self proclaim candidates has one thing in their agenda.

Troops pull out as the main topic for campaign.

So I will make sense to have Saddam killed and claim victory and time to move on.

That will steal the Democrats main campaign topic and leave the Republicans as the party of the doers.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
TV news is reporting that this is a FALSE story. That as of 2:00 pm EST today there has been no hand off to the Iraqis. This is being reported by the TV news reporters at the White House.

I have no idea if that is true or not. I'm just telling you what the TV news says is coming from the White House.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think he has already made the slip because neither side seem to have him in their custody.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's still looking like he has been handed over. Many news outlets are now speculating that Saddam could be no more by some time this weekend. There's no doubting the fact that the GOP would get a huge boost if Mr. bush couldh ave this one to talk about during his State of the Union address. It's really too bad that political desperation has forced the Republicans to this.

Even so, it'll be good for the Iraqis to start their healing process. Like Germany, they will need decades to get over what has happen to them. Once we can announce our troop withdreawl, we too will need time to process what we've done.

Bush41 promised the people of Iraq liberation. Like it or not, he pledged our national word of honor to that. We were wrong to hold back when they rose up against Saddam. We were wrong to take so long to come to their aid. We have over-stayed our welcome. In spite of these many failings, we have in fact made good on our word and now it's time to do one more right thing. We've got to get out of their way and let them sort things out, even if that does mean a few years of civil war.

The fact that THEY tried him is going to mean a lot to future Iraqis. I'm sure that countless generations of Iraqi school kids yet to come are going to be sick and tired of all that cortroom video by the time they get out of high school. Even so, they need to know that we can because we said we would, and that we left because it was time to go. With luck, they may be able to help one of hteir neighbors some day.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As there are a multitude of Saddam threads, the earliest topic will remain open.
Please post your comments on the execution here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join