It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Survival Organizations - What's Up With That???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was googling survival subjects and happened upon a couple of sites that raised the hackles on my neck. I tend to pretty much keep to myself so I was very much surprised to see these organizations out there:

Citizen Corps

CERT

The State contacts tend to be FEMA liaison staff at the State Emergency Mgmt level. Local contacts tend to be the Fire Chief (or appointee). Has anyone had any actual contact with either of these organizations (or similar)? The whole idea of these groups gives me the willies.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I was googling survival subjects and happened upon a couple of sites that raised the hackles on my neck. I tend to pretty much keep to myself so I was very much surprised to see these organizations out there:

Citizen Corps

CERT

The State contacts tend to be FEMA liaison staff at the State Emergency Mgmt level. Local contacts tend to be the Fire Chief (or appointee). Has anyone had any actual contact with either of these organizations (or similar)? The whole idea of these groups gives me the willies.

Why would it give you the willies? They are volinteer organizations to help out in times of disaster not every thing goverment related is sinister.

I volinteer my time and my dogs nose to track for missing persons around my area, it makes you feel good to help out. Dont be afrade to give. Think about it like this if your the one in trouble and the officials are so overwellmed they cant get to you wouldnt you want a volinteer to get to you. Its a good thing.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I understand all that. And I have no problem helping out in a variety of areas. I guess what bothered me was an organization tied to FEMA with neighborhood members.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Maybe ime lost here but I really dont understand why that would bother you what am I missing? If its the whole Katrina thing its done and over with. Personal from the top to the bottom have been replaced. Just the fact that it is a neighborhood deal makes me feel better about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
CERT is one of the best programs in the states, it is free and the more people with training the better. FEMA just Supervises the training.

top topics

join