It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marilyn Manson

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I really like Marilyn Manson's music and I think he is a terrific artist. He has put on some of the best concerts I have ever seen.

My favorite songs of his are:

Mechanical Animals
Angel with the Scabbed Wings
The Dope Show
I Don't Like the Drugs (but the Drugs Like Me)
Posthuman
The Fight Song
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Coma Black
Rock is Dead
A Place in The Dirt
Spade

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm not a Marilyn Manson fan, however, he sounded pretty good on Clone High with his song 'The Food Pyramid' song. heh

[Edited on 6-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I also really like Marilyn Manson...

I only have a few of their albums though - Smells Like Children, Antichrist Superstar and The Golden Age Of Grotesque.

My personal favourite out of those is The Golden Age Of Grotesque.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There's a Dope Hat song variant on every album. I like 'em best, even though I'm not big on Charlie & The Chocolate Factory/Willie Wonka.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
They're actually remaking Willy Wonka, the movie, and Johnny Depp is going to be Mr. Wonka. That should be pretty interesting....

I just saw another thread, and was suddenly imagining an episode of Queer Eye for the Strait Guy making over Marilyn Manson, hehe.....

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
LunchBox, Great big white world, Fight song and The nobodies. New sh*t is alright.

[Edited on 25-11-1989 by Monk]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Best album i think is Holy wood or the new one which i aint heard!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monk
Best album i think is Holy wood or the new one which i aint heard!!!!

i've only listened to a few of his songs...never got around to buying or even downloading the songs, but i love his song tainted love...i ended up downloading the MV via 28k!!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sorry to piss on every1's flames but i reckon Marilyn Manson is a fake.

So does Lemmy from Motorhead he actually thinks that all guys like Manson are fake cos his band was toring with a so-called satanic metal band called Dark Funeral and he said that backl sttage the band members were on their mobiles calling there parents! these guys were bout 16 or 17 years old .

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
They're actually remaking Willy Wonka, the movie, and Johnny Depp is going to be Mr. Wonka. That should be pretty interesting....

I just saw another thread, and was suddenly imagining an episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy making over Marilyn Manson, hehe.....

That's really ironic because Johnny Depp said that he would stand aside at any minute if Marilyn Manson wanted to play the part. Marilyn was interested in the part. That might not be true since I never heard of Tim Burton considering him. But I don't know if I can trust that since they said Tim won't be the director but he actually is.

us.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I personally think that MM is not a real artist...most of his songs are rip-offs from other songs. He is a great stage player though...puts on a good show I have heard...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm not really into the newer Manson stuff. I love POAAF, Smells Like Children, and AntiChrist Superstar. Mechanical Albums had a lot of great moments, Holy Wood was alright. I disliked more songs than I liked on that album. I need to go back and give GAOG another listen. Great live show, though. I've seen Manson about 15 times now, the latest about a month and a half ago. I've always enjoyed manson shows, and it's interesting to see how the crowds change over the years.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't think Marilyn Manson is a fake at all...
He just likes what he does, does what he wants... And so what if he, or other people like him phone their parents back stage, lol.

I just think he's (or should I say they - Marilyn Manson) are our generation of shock rock stars.
Before them we had Alice Cooper, and some others which I can't think of at pressent.

So I reckon with Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper now back... The next 10 years are going to be good for music... And may hopefully be powerful enough to get rid of all these manafactured pop bands by making everyone turn away from it. Hope that makes sence. Lol.

Marilyn Manson is an artist... And a good one at that.
Oh well... Just my oppinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
back in high school i was manson (as well as nine inch nails) obsessed. although i have grown out of that phase over the years. although i do admit his recent ablum was pretty kickass.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i dont like Marilyn Manson i think he a sell out he not as good as he used to be let the back stabing begin

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
i dont like Marilyn Manson i think he a sell out he not as good as he used to be let the back stabing begin

Same goes for Cradle Of Filth i reckon.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I used to find Manson's music rather controversial in content, but after spending some time listening to true Black/Death Metal like Cryptopsy and Cannibal Coprse, I realized hes more artistic than metal. Actually most of the Euro Metal scene puts any American attempts at metal and heavy music to utter shame...

/me cranks up some Dimmu Borgir

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by alternateheaven]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I like old Cannibal Corpse with Chris Barnes

My fav album is Tomb of The Mutilated.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh yeah Mortician are cool to

www.mortician.net...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Marilyn Manson would be a good cast for the cross dresser in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. If it's ever to be remade...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join