It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marilyn
God created the universe and everything in it. Everything in the universe works in harmony with God (according to his will)...except MAN. We are the only thing that goes against God's will. With that in mind I believe our knowledge in a lot of things is limited. IMO, there are just some things God doesn't want us to know (right now)...most likely we would make some kind of big mess with that kind of knowledge.

Marilyn~

Existence is Perfect, including the Human species. If Existence were Not perfect, un-perfection would cause it to cease to Exist. "Imperfections" are simply expectations of a Narcissistic view point, only narcissistic Be cause the viewer has Not Been presented other wise. We are unlimited as a result of Us Being the Existence, Existence is unlimited; the choice to perceive Existence through an illusional reality is what causes Us to think in limitation. God is said to have No beginning and No end, this is the definition of Existence, this is what We are; We are energy which can neither Be created Nor destroyed, yet all ways is, and all ways is Everywhere. God is Not a "him", God is Existence, Existence is Not a him, Existence is Every-thing for ever. This is the Omni-verse(All-words), all of Our words, concepts and thoughts mold Eternal reality and Eternal consciousness of that which is energy... energy is what We are

[edit on 17-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marilyn
Well, I'm one of those people that does accept things completely based on faith. Not everything mind you, just the things pertaining to God.

Marilyn~

Everything is pertaining to God. God is Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnisentient, Omnipotent, Omni-etc.

Omni meaning All, All meaning Everything.

Every thing pertains to "God"

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well to find that out you would have to sit GOD down and figure that out..

which means sitting EVERY tangible thing down at the same time and asking, and then listening.. which means planets, plants.. gas, people, pets... etc... etc.. EVERYTHING... molecules, atoms.. each level of intelligence..

okay... sooooo once you accomplish that feat, come back and lemme know...

because I don't think theres any ONE with a white beard thats going to sit you down and explain it...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Well to find that out you would have to sit GOD down and figure that out..

which means sitting EVERY tangible thing down at the same time and asking, and then listening.. which means planets, plants.. gas, people, pets... etc... etc.. EVERYTHING... molecules, atoms.. each level of intelligence..

okay... sooooo once you accomplish that feat, come back and lemme know...

because I don't think theres any ONE with a white beard thats going to sit you down and explain it...

Maybe one day when you are standing there pumping gas, watering, loving and admiring a plant, living on a planet, looking at a planet, talking to people, listening to people, asking people, loving your pets, looking at molecules and atoms or imagining molecules and atoms the answer will come to you. I do Not have to tell you. We are all connected, We are all consciousness so you have the answer all ready. You are the answer, you and Everything you experience is and are the answer.

Your feet are standing on the ground, the ground which is connecting the entire planet, the planet which is connected to space, in space, and is space, which is connected to the Stars, and which is connected to every other planet, plant, gas, molecule, atom, and every man with a white beard forever.

No where does a space of Nothing Exist to cause a space of emptiness or un-connectedness in Existence.

You are the man with the white beard

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ill tell you who created god, his name was euan stewart and he works in a fish factory, ok if you are saying someone made god then this someone is god....god cannot be created by man, so the real god isn't god, and the real god made god!

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
One day in the late 1960s, a guy called euan stewart was trying to write a book. it was a great piece of fiction filled with jabberwockys, evil hobos and the mighty guitar hero fritz the shredder. but instead he knocked something up in 2 minutes about a guy called jesus. unfortuanlty euan forgot to put the 1st page which clearly reads. "to my mother brenda, all characters in this book are completely fictitous and any connections with real life people are completely coincedentle." so there you go, god summed up in a paragraph.

sorry about my spelling.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Thank you sir.

[edit on 2/10/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Thank you sir.
[edit on 2/10/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

Thank you for Being here. Loved the discussion. We are honored. The honor is all Ours

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
god originally was the product of a lost Egyptian warrior's infernal rage reaction to the ultimate theft of known history....

Thuthmose III aka Moses
and Hashteput
who was the first god
before god had a name

it takes something of incomprehensible power to create a legend that lasted over 3000 or so years and turned into the 3 major religions in the world!

anger and rage at happy lives interfered with for the sake of greed and envy

Moses was the man! You have no idea the workings of his brain to do the things he did. And the power in his hand crushed the Minotaur worshiping Greeks into fish food.

But the sphinx won that one!

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Thank you sir.

David Gabriel?
at least that is what i thought of you as
remember me?

if we are thought
at the core essentially
then is the thinker of the thoughts
the same as the creator?

the mind is the one

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is my favourite one -

God is anything and everything, all that is and was and ever will be.
But the only thing he could not do was to experience himself from an outside perspective, so that he could see and understand and remember all that he is.
It's not possible to view yourself from the outside when you are everything that is.

Therefore he created the physical world,
and eventually life forms to go with it, including us humans.
We are all a part of god which has purposefully forgotten who and what we are. The purpose of this, is so that we can experience the physical world from the outside, with no understanding of god.
We are god experiencing that which he cannot experience otherwise.
Eventually we will return to the whole, and have the balance and understanding of being that which is NOT god, but still really is in a sense.
A difficult task for something to achieve which is everything that is.

Without all of the above happening, god cannot experiece positive and negative, up and down, pleasure and pain.
These are constants seen throughout the universe and are reflected everywhere. This is because god has wished to experience these things, things which he otherwise cannot. Since he is everything all at once.

So you see in creating the physical world, he has created a field upon where he may experience himself. He's created something which he is not, but still is at the same time.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The reason why we believers go with a supernatural entity/force to explain the origin of existence is because it is the only thing that makes sense to us (or me, anyway). I can't even begin to fathom what God is or how he does it, but I can accept the idea of an intelligent being beyond the realm of scientific understanding. The paradox exists either way, God created, yet was not created or the universe existed, and was not created. You can't accept either with a scientific thought.

If in fact the big bang is the true origin, then the single event proves the idea of God. As already mentioned, of what we know, nothing can "have always existed", and nothing can "come from nothing".

And as far as the "if there is a God, why doesn't he just prove his existence to us" question goes... Personally, I think of it this way: With absolute proof of God, of divine judgment, we lose free will. If we are to be judged upon our deaths, we would all be fake, essentially robots. Assume we are tested in life, would you not react differently knowing an authority watches everything you do?

Of course, that goes with many assumptions based on religious beliefs.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Theoretically, if a deity did exist and was not of this universe (made of matter) then there is no problem with the assumption that said deity had always existed.

Our universe consists of matter and energy, both of which affect gravity. This is because gravity is a byproduct of matter and energy. Also, time is a byproduct of gravity and matter (also time is affected by speed but that is not relevant to this post).

If a deity was composed of a type of energy that is not the same fundamental energy as our universe is made of then, theoretically, it would not be bound by gravity as all things in our universe are.

If something does not exist in matter then it is not affected by gravity. Therefore it is also not affected by time.

If something exists outside of time then any reference to a stage in life(creation or death) becomes a nonsequitor to its existence.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159
Theoretically, if a deity did exist and was not of this universe (made of matter) then there is no problem with the assumption that said deity had always existed.

Our universe consists of matter and energy, both of which affect gravity. This is because gravity is a byproduct of matter and energy. Also, time is a byproduct of gravity and matter (also time is affected by speed but that is not relevant to this post).

If a deity was composed of a type of energy that is not the same fundamental energy as our universe is made of then, theoretically, it would not be bound by gravity as all things in our universe are.

If something does not exist in matter then it is not affected by gravity. Therefore it is also not affected by time.

If something exists outside of time then any reference to a stage in life(creation or death) becomes a nonsequitor to its existence.

Man, you gotta stop thinking in those old mechanistic Newtonian ways! You need to stop thinking about cause and effect that way, since time doesn't move in just one pokey direction on a quantum level. Check out your Feynman diagrams. The forward flow of time is just an illusion so that DNA knows when it needs to refresh itself.

Is consciousness (i.e., "point of view") a real thing? It does seem to be a "thing" needed for quantum determinance. Can a -construct- or morphic state like consciousness exist without being affected by gravity and therefore time?

Here's the deal. "God" is what happens (or will happen) when order (DNA) eventually encompasses everything in the Universe. At that point - or probably sometime long before that, but you get the idea - the entire universe becomes self-aware and reflexively creates itself "backwards" in time when its consciousness collapses its own wave function.

Pretty simple really, once you stop thinking about time as a little river you float down in one direction, and see it more as a sky you fly through in all directions.

A vast, living consciousness creates itself by making a quantum determinance in the past (slightly tipping the zero-point scale from virtual to real, creating its own universe, along with DNA), which leads in what we perceive as "normal" spacetime to its ultimate re-creation in the future, giving itself a kind of hyperdimensional existence that actively plays itself out in multiple temporal dimensions. That is, it doesn't exist yet, but it eventually will, and at that point it will make a quantum determination in the past to create the universe and everything in it, including itself (or "Himself," if you want to get all patriarchal about it).

On that level, of course, forget about "knowing" God in any practical sense. It's like one of the skin cells on your elbow "knowing" you as a person.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Man, you gotta stop thinking in those old mechanistic Newtonian ways! You need to stop thinking about cause and effect that way, since time doesn't move in just one pokey direction on a quantum level. Check out your Feynman diagrams. The forward flow of time is just an illusion so that DNA knows when it needs to refresh itself.

I think you misunderstand my theory. My theory states that there is an existance beyond that of just this universe. It takes into accout the probability of multiple universes. If there are multiple universes then one could call such a collection a multiverse.

The problem I have with your theory is that it falls back into a temporal (and philosophical) impossibility. To simplify, you say that X exists. X exists and moves towards completion (global) self-awareness. Because of this eventual realization X can create itself. The problem is that you skip the initial creation that would enable X to exist to become self-aware in the first place.

In addition to this, you are only taking into consideration humans on Earth. The universe is more than just one planet. Just because one species living in a universe becomes fully self-aware does not constitute an entire universe being created nor does it constitute the creation of an all-powerful being capable of creating said universe.

Even if everything I have said is incorrect there is still a MAJOR flaw in your theory.

Here's the deal. "God" is what happens (or will happen) when order (DNA) eventually encompasses everything in the Universe. At that point - or probably sometime long before that, but you get the idea - the entire universe becomes self-aware and reflexively creates itself "backwards" in time when its consciousness collapses its own wave function.

By using a concept of physics to explain philosophy you have taken an alchemic aproach to the world (nothing wrong with that at all).

However, by taking a similar alchemic approach:
The Second Law of Thermodynamics: The total entropy of any isolated thermodynamic system tends to increase over time, approaching a maximum value.

Now, the isolated system in our example is all of existance. That's okay...incalculable for modern science...but philosophically okay. Now, entropy is a concept describing the overall molecular disorder of a system. So, by simplifying the wording we get: The total disorder of existance tends to increase over time, approaching a maximum value.

Now, maintaining the maximum value would not be turning disorder into order, it would simply be maintaining a constant level of disorder.

Therefore, the universe can NEVER reach a perfect, all-encompasing state of order.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159

Therefore, the universe can NEVER reach a perfect, all-encompasing state of order.

Perfection is the reason for Existence, if it was not for the perfection of Existence then Existence would cease to Exist.

All is perfect.

It is not the uni-verse, it is the omni-verse.

The universe is within the omniverse, but it is not the omniverse.

The universe is not correct.

The Human species has been miss lead, lied to, and taken advantage of, of course by its self.

Be honest with each other and be honest with the self

When the people of Earth are ready for Us, We will all ways be waiting with Our arms wide open, We is only (the concept of) Nothing more than you and I of Earth

[edit on 10-3-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
As a Christian I have wondered the same thing. My mind cannot conceive of a Supreme Being that "always was". I have tried to think how this would be possible, but my brain power is limited.

I guess this is one question I will ask Him when I stand before His throne after I die.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
(I havnt writain this to insult any religions its just my opinion)

God doesnt excist they is no one above us with angels or what ever looking down on us, but i do believe that there is a being who created this universe, but who created him and him and him on so on, i think if you carryed on that you would just end up saying "WE DONT EXCIST" and crying in a dark room haha. I think that "God" is like us humans, he started of like us, he just started off a lil while ahead of us and evolved a tiny (massive) bit faster, and we were created to just find out about his or her past to see what happened with them in there past, think about it, if we had the abilty to start off human life on a planet, we would be able to se all there mistakes and how they were taken e.g when religion poped up and who did it and why, i do think he or she also made us just to start of life. I just think there is some one out there, and she or he does shield us form alot of bad, but you carnt jump in every time some one does some thing bad. WE must learn by our mistakes, and WE must learn toghter, one bad apple in a basket can rot the rest.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
your post Toby is spot on with my belief, very similar to whats written in conversations with god, i posted a link to the section in the book which explains what your saying

here it is again
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is all really simple for me. I still enjoy plumbing the limits of my understanding but I've just gotten to the point where it's easier to just accept certain things in faith and just realize that there are some things that I will NEVER understand.

Let's see what the Bible says about this:

Job 5:8 I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: But as for me, I would make my prayer to God, and I would put my cause before him:

Job 5:9 Which doeth great things and UNSEARCHABLE; marvellous things without number:

Ps 145:3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is UNSEARCHABLE.

Pr 25:3 The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is UNSEARCHABLE.

Ro 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how UNSEARCHABLE are His judgments, AND HIS WAYS PAST FINDING OUT!

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the UNSEARCHABLE riches of Christ;

My advice to everyone here.. Just accept that fact that there are some things we are not going to figure out.. at least not in this lifetime. We can't get our heads around infinity and God and that's it... bottom line. We have to make a choice and it has to be made on faith.

Don't forget this scripture:

1co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath NOT seen, NOR ear heard, NEITHER have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Loving God would be a good start to finding out who He really is.

Oh, btw, make sure you love the RIGHT God.. There is only One true living God according to the Bible. Believe what you want but I'm going to take His word for it.

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is NONE else, there is NO God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

You guys can flail about all you want as I used to. As for me? I'm going to rest on the word and draw near to God knowing that in His good time He will reveal more about Himself to me. I may not be meant to figure 'everthing' out but that is all good.

Almost forgot:

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Let the things which are past come to your memory: for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like me;

Isa 46:10 DECLARING THE END FROM THE BEGINNING, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Furthermore, any "god" that does not acknowledge Jesus as his son, -THE God of Isaac, Jacob and Abraham-,is not the God I'm speaking of. Jesus was God's ultimate expression of himself, one that we COULD get our head around and understand.

The Bible is consistant on this and all throughout the text, Jesus is inexorably tied to God's identity and character.

1jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth NOT that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is NOT of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Believe what you want, I not one to judge but just keep in mind that your soul, the ultimate price to pay, is on the line in this decision. Jesus said -I am THE truth, THE way and THE life and NO ONE comes unto the Father except by ME so if you don't believe in Him then you are of the Antichrist spirit. Pretty clear cut to me. So that pretty much cuts out Allah, Buddha, your own path, the masons 'path' etc etc etc. (You get my point)

Mt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear HIM which is able to destroy BOTH SOUL AND BODY IN HELL.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by ViewFromTheStars]

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join