It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This thread is interesting. Some say...no God. Some say infinite God. Some say We are God.

The very question should tell us that we have a long way to go in terms of evolution. We cannot comprehend infinite "omni" or "multi" verses, and logic tells us that something or someone had to create this universe. If there is no God (Chef) how did the meal (Universe) get served? If it's one reality after the next where did the first originate? Don't you see this is an exercise with no solution...at least not yet.

I was crushed when the superconducting super collider was cancelled. I thought it would move us closer to the answer. Truth is, it most likely would have, but negligably. No great loss in the big picture.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

The best answer to this has to be Love. It's the love that compels one to share existance. We all have his primary qualities: Love, Wisdom, Justice, and Power. We also inherited the ones to balance the others: Hate, Jealousy, Anger and Sadness.

But if he as All Alone, he would have had these properties only in Abstract terms. How could God know what Love is when he never had anyone to Love?
All that God is the Ultimate Love, Ultimate Wisdom etc sounds too much like North Korean Propaganda, sorry.

I do agree that there isn't an answer to the Question. The whole Something from Nothing mystery remains, God or No God.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
the normal answer for "how did god come into existence?" is very simple
casua sui

god is the cause of god

which just makes no sense at all

...so does your answer I'm afraid

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For the answer to how God came into existence, we need to first establish how matter comes into existence. I'm a believer in the idea that all matter is of God.

It has to come from somewhere else.

Question... do certain quarks pop in and out of existence?

If they do, then where did they come from and where do they go?

(Initialy, I blame Leibniz, Spinoza and their theologies behind transmutation for causing this line of thinking in me)

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
For the answer to how God came into existence, we need to first establish how matter comes into existence. I'm a believer in the idea that all matter is of God.

It has to come from somewhere else.

Question... do certain quarks pop in and out of existence?

If they do, then where did they come from and where do they go?

(Initialy, I blame Leibniz, Spinoza and their theologies behind transmutation for causing this line of thinking in me)

So all matter is of "God" and We are of "God" and "God" Exists somewhere, thus God is matter as well. Well then, We are all made of this matter, including God; We are God and God is Us and We are Eternal. There is No "coming into Existence", Existence all ways has Been. Existence can never cease to Exist / Non-Existence can never Exist.

Relationships never cease to Exist, they change form through awareness

[edit on 7-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi

I do agree that there isn't an answer to the Question. The whole Something from Nothing mystery remains, God or No God.

We are God and We are capable of EVERYTHING including "failing". It is all a matter of perspective. Something did Not come from Nothing; in the unlimited reality there is No cause and there is No effect, they are each other and in doing so cancel one another out. In the illusional limited reality We only choose to see one side, therefore We only see cause and effect separately.

The cause is the effect and the effect is the cause.

Existence recognizes both of these concepts and accepts them.

Nothing is Non-Existent and Never Existed nor can it because of what it is, which is Nothing. Something all ways has Been... Existence forever Exists

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just to confuse things further about our 'small-minded reality', please read this gem from the Fermilab website...

The search for extra dimensions is not over. In fact, it has only just begun. Our colleagues across the ring at DZero's sister experiment, CDF, are searching their data for evidence of extra dimensions, and we look forward to their results. The collaborations are looking for the effects of extra dimensions in collisions that produce different types of particles, such as quarks. They are also seeking events where gravitons are produced in the collisions and then leave our three-dimensional world, traveling off into one of the other dimensions. Such a departure would cause an apparent nonconservation of energy from the point of view of our three-dimensional world.
Fermilab link

[speculations]

So...if God is 'All Matter', as I believe is the case, then it is all matter across the 11 dimensions, as postulated by string theory.

God is also Dark Matter, which is the unknown 90% of matter out there in 'our' universe.

God is also the Anti-matter which existed immediately after the 'Big Bang' 50 million years ago and 'ate up' most matter relatively instantaneously, leaving the 'tidbit' which is now within the universe. [/speculations]

Because of our ignorance of what 'reality' is (and what constitutes matter in that reality) we can only guess at what God is or where God came from.

On the other hand, perhaps it is possible that we 'know' what God is (faith?) because we are part of God, but, as it is our desire to 'understand' God (reality) through the scientific method, we are confounded by an increasing complexity which seems never-ending.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ahh, LOVE, your answers are always entertaining word plays, but I'm afraid they're often quite meaningless. You make an excellent Guru.

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

[snip... to stop quoting large chunks]

Nothing is Non-Existent and Never Existed nor can it because of what it is, which is Nothing. Something all ways has Been... Existence forever Exists

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
when the big bang started the universe,

the rules & laws of physical matter established itself
many fragments of both the physical & meta-physical universe spiraled or decayed into non existance

what's left is the laws of physics, mathematics
& those are the hands of god.

the mind of god was developed later on
when self-awareness 1st appeared in the universe...

I like that, though I would prefer to say that when the first self-aware being appeared, that was equivalent to the entire universe becoming self-aware.

And if we can credit what we can see from our limited point of view, the process is continuing. Self-awareness continues to gain in complexity, integration and distribution.

Perhaps it will ultimately permeate the entire universe. And perhaps a self-aware universe is God.

If it were, then by the definition of Godhead (ie omnipotence) it could go back to the beginning, the Big Bang, and create itself.

That hypothesis seems to deal with all the problems raised by other models of God, divinity, creation, etc.

Still doesn't mean it's true. But I like it.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Ahh, LOVE, your answers are always entertaining word plays, but I'm afraid they're often quite meaningless. You make an excellent Guru.

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

[snip... to stop quoting large chunks]

When the words have meaning for you then you will understand the meaning. Wordplay is Existence; there is a deeper meaning to Existence and it IS, and it is Us Being in and of... Word and thought.

The choice of this planet is to play in superficial meanings to avoid looking deeper in an attempt to deny responsibility of the thought and word. When you are ready you will let the word and thought show you the path

[edit on 8-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Maybe it like those pictures that get bigger, like we have our universe. Maybe god lives in his own universe with his own god that he worships or something like that. And we're just the bacteria in the bowl.

I hope its not like that because that would suck.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
dalilamahammer, accept it.
You are a dot sitting on a dot in a gigantic ocean.
Your life is a brief speck of a moment in the History of Humanity, which in turn is a mere blip in the History of Everything.

Your life is important to you, just as my mine is to me, but in the Grand Scheme of Things....

[edit on 15-1-2007 by emjoi]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I seriously doubt anyone has thought of this...

Life is like a pyramid. God was a being or maybe even at once a human higher up the pyramid chain in an alternate universe that was above us.

They developed a way through technology to micro size themselves and God was the first to try with in this universe.

Thus he went below the pyramid and because of this his power became ULTIMATE on this realm.

There you have it.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
something from nothing.....Thats God. A few posters have suggested this is one universe in a regression/progression.

If this universe is the construct of a being "God" from another parallel or earlier universe, where did that universe and it's "God" originate?

You're just avoiding the question.

Are we really here at all?

I would also like to reply to this.

It is irrefutable that an ultimate unimaginably powerful being exists in this universe. If it didn't, then we would talk so much about it.

Now if there were no God in this universe we would NEVER consider such an outrageous idea. But because there is in fact an ultimate being we know there is.

Know as you said, "
If this universe is the construct of a being "God" from another parallel or earlier universe, where did that universe and it's "God" originate?".

The answer to this is very simple. If there were no ultimate being or ultimate God in this universe it would be very simple... there would be no God, do you understand now? The only God's there would be would be the beings that are above us now such as ET's. But even the ET in this universe know that there is power above them because there IS!

To sum this up... if there were no being that transformed himself through technology into our universe we would not believe in an ultimate God of the universe. There is only one answer and it is above. GL on your search.

*THe only thing we should be thankfull of is that God is good.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Techsnow]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow, nice topic. Opening up a big ole can of worms with this one.
Anyway, here is my input...

Discussion of G-d before creation starts on page 10 titled Ayn Sof,the science of creation, but the entire thing is worth the read.

Ayn Sof, the science of creation

Enjoy!

[edit on 15-1-2007 by kokoro]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
It is irrefutable that an ultimate unimaginably powerful being exists in this universe. If it didn't, then we would talk so much about it.

Are you suggesting the fact that we can conceive of and talk about such a being comprises 'irrefutable' proof that it exists? Gosh, I'm going to start talking about that billion dollars in my bank account non-stop from now on.

And on the same note, did Santa enjoy the milk and cookies you left out for him last Christmas?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If its "power was 'unimaginable'" We would Not Be able to imagine the Being itself. Only Nothing is unimaginable, and the prior statement is only half true. The unimaginable is imaginable through its illusional concept of 'unimaginable'. Imagination is conception, God is Us, We are the consciousness, consciousness is the Existence, the Existence is energy, energy is Eternal and Outfinite, We are the previously mentioned

[edit on 17-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal, energy is only eternal to a degree
sure, you can't destroy it
well, at least in this universe
and there is the problem
we are arguing the points of something that, if it existed, would be ever more grand than we could imagine
beyond the comprehension of our feeble little minds
even on the grandest scale you can imagine, your "god" shouldn't fit

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal, energy is only eternal to a degree

Energy is Eternal, Existence is Eternal, No beginning and No end. Degrees are spoken of, please explain these degrees of Eternity.

Eternity has No degrees, it is Eternal No matter how it is viewed because Eternal is all it can Be. Even Nothing is Eternal in its constant state of Nothingness which is Not Existing. Thus even when No-thing is said to Be Eternal, and No-thing is that which is Not Existing, Every-thing must Be Eternal and Outfinitely expansive because No-thing does Not Exist to stop it. The "universe" is Not a bubble, it is Eternal and Outfinitely Existing Everywhere, simultaneously.

sure, you can't destroy it
well, at least in this universe

This is the only Omni-verse. Multiples of Existence delete through the word, thought, and concept of consciousness and Existence.

and there is the problem
we are arguing the points of something that, if it existed, would be ever more grand than we could imagine
beyond the comprehension of our feeble little minds
even on the grandest scale you can imagine, your "god" shouldn't fit

With every problem is an answer. We are Not arguing, it takes two to argue, the discussion is enjoyed. I'd hope the feeling is reciprocated, but the reciprocation of feeling is choice, as is Everything and No-thing.

Only No-thing is beyond the imagination and that statement is only half true.

There is No beyond any thing and Every thing.

The mind is feeble when chosen to Be viewed as such. Scales are limited, what is imagined is Eternal and Outfinite, unscalable. Let Us Not "should" all over Ourselves. You are my God

[edit on 17-1-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, I'm one of those people that does accept things completely based on faith. Not everything mind you, just the things pertaining to God.

As far as God's beginning...God has always been. He had no beginning, just as he will have no end. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to just accept something without any knowledge or proof, but that's where the faith part comes in.

I do believe that the time will come when everything will be made clear and we will understand it all. Until then I am satisfied with the belief that GOD IS.

God created the universe and everything in it. Everything in the universe works in harmony with God (according to his will)...except MAN. We are the only thing that goes against God's will. With that in mind I believe our knowledge in a lot of things is limited. IMO, there are just some things God doesn't want us to know (right now)...most likely we would make some kind of big mess with that kind of knowledge.

Marilyn~

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join