It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So, in the very beginning, there was nothingness, and only God?

So why did he decide to create man? He needed a hobby?

Not trying to be funny, but trying to understand why.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
search richard dawkins on youtube. i like his thoughts.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
well back before there was time, before there was space, before there was even a god there was a concentration of energy.

This energy organized over eons into a intelegence. Then at that very moment when the energy gained consiousness. BANG the universe formed.

was the birth of God. This universe will expand and expand untill one point when it will again begin to shrink up again. This is Gods life cycle.

God will reach a mid point in its life and the universe will contract in on itself untill the point when it will once again just be energy without concienceness.

God dies at this point but the energy remeins and so on and so forth forever.

or you could ask gods parents Bob and Linda where their baby came from. I don't know.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
People needed something to explain went on in the world.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
was the birth of God.

That wasn't my understanding. What I understood was that God always existed. Omnipresent. Forever. Etc., etc., etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
That wasn't my understanding. What I understood was that God always existed. Omnipresent. Forever. Etc., etc., etc.

I was just trying to theorise a way that god could have come into existance. so if you think about it. It makes about as much sense as god being around forever. Untill forever.

Course to rip off Star Trek, God may be a non temporal being by which that would mean that in fact it had been arround forever because it would be in all times at once. being not a part of the space time continum or what not. So thinking of it that way god could constantly have been, because it does not follow the flow of time itself.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
God created the universe, and everything in it, and is thus, not constrained by it or anything in it, including its physical laws and temporal constraints.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Do you really think that you can comprehend GOD ? If you were able to conceieve the notion that such a thing existed which by all means he does exist. How can you possibly even begin to comprehend something so OMNICIENT ??? Worse things will come to pass; than you asking these meaningless questions ... and when they do ... all of you will turn to your neighbor for answers or scientist and when finally they fail you all ... There will be someone who comes along with all the TEMPORARY answers and when he does it will be as if he is solving all the problems ... then in that perfect world that you think has been created for you ... you will all feel the scorn of his true nature ... and you will still be blinded and think that it is the Republicans or the Democrats ... or something of another nature ... that is doing these things and he/she/it will be the true thing behind it all .....

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
Do you really think that you can comprehend GOD ? If you were able to conceieve the notion that such a thing existed which by all means he does exist. How can you possibly even begin to comprehend something so OMNICIENT ??? Worse things will come to pass; than you asking these meaningless questions ... and when they do ... all of you will turn to your neighbor for answers or scientist and when finally they fail you all ... There will be someone who comes along with all the TEMPORARY answers and when he does it will be as if he is solving all the problems ... then in that perfect world that you think has been created for you ... you will all feel the scorn of his true nature ... and you will still be blinded and think that it is the Republicans or the Democrats ... or something of another nature ... that is doing these things and he/she/it will be the true thing behind it all .....

Shesh captain bringdown! its the fundemental nature of man to consider these things. Perhaps we could not comprehend god no more thain we could comprehend a single atom on a single grain of sand. But its fun to think about. Besides does it realy offend you that much for people to discuss your diety?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I liked Zerotimes answer,our minds just can't comprehend this kind of question.I believe there is a creator of all things,but to wonder where this creator came from makes my head hurt.
Ask a priest the same question(and don't settle for "he was always here").

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just that age old question... Why Anything?
Natural, Supernatural, subatomic, spiritual... why anything at all?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I appreciate all replies, very interesting indeed. I love to see other peoples points of view, it furthers my own.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna

The first thought about "God" seems to result in an entity that exists outside of us - what if that were not the case at all? What if we are all "God"?

Oh, I do like what you say.

In order to understand what you refer to as God, it is important to know It/Her/Him/Them.

Each has their own notions on the nature of the ultimate Deity and the impressions will differ. Do you see how I envision the Creator?

No, you don't.

We read holy books, listen to the theologians, mull it over in our minds and eventually either accept that such an entity exists or we turn our backs on the improbability of such a being (if, indeed it is a being we envision)

Shawnna alludes to a God which is 'all encompassing'. One which is part and parcel of every atom in the universe. Such a God would certainly be omnipresent and omniscient... of that there is no doubt.

In such a case, God would have been the Primal Atom before it split into the gazillions of particles which make up the universe today, forming the stars in their galaxies.

Consider also black holes, sucking all that matter into itself. Where does it all go? Is it God pulling creation back?

God existed before the Creation of this universe as the creator of another preceding universe, which was preceded by another, ad infinitum.

And how it all began is what I'd like to know. How it ends, well, eventually we'll all find out, because we too are part of God, as Shawnna proposed.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03
Many of us on these threads debate how the universe and how it was made. I'm just curious though, if God (The Creator) made the universe, how did God come into existence. I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but I just decided to throw it out there, please give me your thoughts, whether you believe God created the universe or not; I am interested in knowing what you think.

That's really the ONLY question isn't it? IMO, all the other questions and answers are only stepping stones to this one. I have no meaningful response except that the more I understand the universe, the more I believe in God.

[edit on 12/30/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
"As you have heard, In the beginning there was nothing except darkness and a spirit - THE Great Spirit- and He created, by his immense force, all that exists materially. The Great Spirit - the Superior Intelligence decided to create the worlds and He commanded to four superior forces...

The Great Spirit was, and is, infinitely powerful - powerful beyond the comprehension of any human mind. The Great Spirit is so powerful that it was able, by the action of its will alone, to trigger an atomic explosion with chain reactions of unimaginable force. In fact, the Spirit imagined the worlds - He imagined how to create them - from the most enormous to the most minuscule. He imagined the atoms. When He imagined them He created, in His imagination, all that ever moved and will move: all that ever lived and will live; all that is motionless, or seems to be - every single little thing.

But it existed only in his imagination. All was still in darkness. Once He had an overall view of what He wanted to create, He was able, by his exceptional spiritual force, to create, instantaneously, the four forces of the Universe.

With these, He directed the first and the most gigantic atomic explosion of all time - what certain people on Earth call The Big Bang. The Great Spirit was at its center and induced it. Darkness was gone and the Universe was creating itself according to the will of The Great Spirit.

The Great Spirit was thus, is still, and always will be, at the center of the Universe for He is the Master and Creator of it...

He created the planets, the suns, plants, animals, with one goal in mind: to satisfy his spiritual need. This is quite logical since He is purely spirit. Already I see you are wondering why the need to create material things in order to attain spiritual fulfilment. I offer this, by way of explanation: the creator sought spiritual experiences through a material world."

"In order to have these experiences, He wanted to embody a tiny part of his Spirit in a physical entity. To do this, He called on the Fourth force - A Force of and which concerns only spirituality. In this domain, Universal Law also applies.You most certainly know that the pattern of the Universe dictates that nine planets revolve around their sun or suns, sometimes 9 planets revolve around two small suns, twin stars. It is also the case that these suns revolve around a bigger sun, which is the nucleus for 9 such suns, and their 9 planets. So it continues, right to the center of the Universe from where the explosion referred to by the English as the Big Bang originated.

During billions of years. For the Creator of course, it is eternally the present, the eternal now, but it is more at the level of our understanding to count by billions of years.

All the worlds, suns and atoms were formed, as you are taught in schools, the planets revolving around their suns, and sometimes with their own satellites etc. At certain times in certain solar systems, some planets cool down - soil is formed, rocks solidify, oceans are formed and landmasses become continents.

Needless to say, certain accidents occur and sometimes a planet will be destroyed in a solar system, or perhaps a new one may enter it, but later in time, the solar system will revert and base its structure again on the number 9.

The Fourth force had a very important role to play: it had to bring to fruition all that The Great Spirit had imagined. At the very beginning, The Great Spirit imagined experiencing feelings through a special creature. Thus Man was created. It inserted thus, an infinitesimal part of the Spirit in the human body.

A normal human Astral body contains approximately four billion, trillion electrons. These electrons have a life span of approximately ten billion, trillion of your earth years. They were created at the moment of creation. Your Astral body contains them and, when you die some of them are 'recycled', nineteen percent rejoin the electrons of the Universe until required b

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
by Nature to form a new body or a new tree or animal, and the eighty one percent rejoin your Higher Self.

I intend helping you to understand. An Astral body is not quite what you would call a pure spirit. On Earth, there is a belief that the spirit is made of nothing. This is false. The Astral body is composed of billions of electrons, exactly marrying your physical shape. Each of these electrons has a memory. We'll say 100 'gigabytes' each. And each one those billions of electrons is capable of retaining as much information as is contained in every single book that fill all the shelves of an average town library.

Since your fellow earthlings like proof, let them consider this: there are people on Earth who are very sincere and who claim to have seen ghosts, and I dont refer to charlatans.

What they have seen is actually the nineteen percent of electrons that dont comprise the Astral body. These electrons detach themselves from the physical body three days after its death. Indeed, as a result of certain effects of static electricity, these electrons can be seen having the same form as the physical body. Sometimes, before being re-utilized by Nature, they are vacant, but they, too, have memories and return to haunt places they knew - places they loved or hated.

These electrons that comprise what you could call the Astral body, which forms one ninth of the essential human being and consists of one ninth of a Higher self, which is sometimes called "Overself". The Higher Self of man is, in other words, an entity which sends one ninth of itself into a human body, becoming the persons Astral being. Other physical bodies are inhabited, similarly, by other ninths of the same Higher Self and yet each part remains integral to the central entity. The central entity, means that each of you shares a Higher Self with 8 other people on Earth.

Further, the Higher Self is a ninth part of a superior Higher Self which, in turn, is a ninth part of a more superior Higher Self. The process continues as far back as the source, and allows the enormous filtration of spiritual experience required by The Great Spirit.

You must not think that the Higher Self of the first category is insignificant in comparison with the others. It functions at a lower level, but is nevertheless extremely powerful and important. It is capable of curing illness and even resuscitating the dead.What is known on Earth as Spiritual Healing, can be achieved with the help of the Higher Self of the healer, without the patient even being present. However, providing the patient gives permission, the competent healer can assist the patient from anywhere in the world. This is not an exchange of energy but exchange of information at the level of Higher Selves.

There are many instances of people, declared clinically dead, who are brought back to life in the hands of doctors who had abandoned all hope for them. What generally happens in these cases, is that the persons Astral body meets with the Higher Self. This portion of the Higher Self has left the physical body during the period of death. It perceives its physical body below, and the doctors trying to resuscitate it; it can also perceive loved ones who mourn for it. In his present state, the Astral body, the person will feel perfectly well - even blissful. Usually he abandons his physical body, frequently the source of much suffering, to find himself catapulted down a psychic canal, at the end of which is a wondrous light and beyond, a state of bliss.

If before passing through this canal into the blissful light which is his Higher Self he has the least will not to die - not on his own account but for the sake of those who need him, young children for example, he will ask to return. In certain cases it will be permitted.

You are in constant communication with your Higher Self by means of your cerebral canal. Acting as a transmitting and receiving post, it conducts special vibrations directly between your Astral body and your

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
While reading your posts sth came to my mind..about Jewish people and their waitning for the Messiah. They had been waitning for him until Jesus came and proved he was the Messiah. But despite the fact, they rejected him.

Our nature MIGHT or even IS alike. If we get what we wait for or ask for, we dont accept it when we get it. Of course this doesn't apply to every single situation or problem but generally....you know. So, If God tells us I AM, we still don't believe Him by saying YOU ARE NOT. The choice is ours. God doesn't force anyone to accept the truth.
We can still live in our ignorace hoping others to join us.

Furhtermore, all the questions in this thread and possible answers may easily be found in historical books about philosophy and history of religions over the ages... so my advice is: get the access to them, read and come back to discuss them in more sophisticated way. Yeah, I should do this too

My personal experience[do not mislead it with 'dead faith']: I'd only believed in God until he revealed himself to me. Now I can talk to Him, listen to Him, BE with Him, get extraordinary help and so on. The only thing I've still been waiting for IS to see Him FACE TO FACE. But i'm sure I will as He promised.
This is a fact. Now you may believe in what I wrote here or not. It's up to you. As to me I'm not used to believing in facts. I just accept them.

It's not about me but rather about the way we all live and think. If we don't see sth but some pople have seen we should at least try to believe or check this. This applies to people who have personal experience with God. No, I'm not talking about schizophrenics..for God's sake! ;P I'm every man...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I will like to take the subject of How God came to exist and I am going to give it a more in deep explanation base of non-religious, faith or ideological believes and the one that historically is very much in religious content.

First, the relationship between a person, their spirit and a creator, god or idol and their place in the universe is a very personal matter.

Nobody, be parents minister or bishop can explain how that feeling is born, nurtured and how it grows but the person itself.

The origins of worshiping are as ancient as the first man that became aware of the self.

It started with the believe in the powers of nature because primitive man all it have was nature to protect them, provided for shelter and food as well it also was nature what cause most of their fatalities.

The sun became the first object of worship for early man because man in his relation with nature understood that the Sun was the bringer of light, warmth and they noticed how things would grow under its rays.

When darkness came at the end of the day, it was dangerous, hard to see what will be in front of them and more often it could cause death.

Therefore, man enemy became darkness.

The good and evil was born at that time when man consciousness and learning ability make possible for them to see the differences of day and night.

The first idol to be worshiped was the Sun, been the Sun in the sky and linked to the havens, ancient man decided that the Sun God was a being of the havens and a very powerful one that could control light and Darkness.

That is how the first worshiping of gods came to be, one main God siting at the center of the Universe with lesser gods to help around.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
zerotime (who got a WATS from me) said:

We know that there are real concepts such as “infinity” but the human mind has a hard time wrapping itself around those types of concepts because we can't experience them ourselves...

We are so accustomed to earthly limitations on earth, that infinity is a difficult concept to grasp, for there to be no beginning and no end? Does everything need a beginning, or a creation, like on earth? Perhaps time is only a concept for humans, the Universe just is, and always, was, and will always be.

Ariok said (who also got wats) said:

I intend helping you to understand. An Astral body is not quite what you would call a pure spirit. On Earth, there is a belief that the spirit is made of nothing. This is false. The Astral body is composed of billions of electrons, exactly marrying your physical shape. Each of these electrons has a memory. We'll say 100 'gigabytes' each. And each one those billions of electrons...

I have pondered these kind of thoughts myself, trying to come to a logical explanation for these kinds of things. This is most likely IMO what actually happens.

If god created the Universe, where did god reside?
Nowhere?
Like someone said earlier, how did god know stuff, if there was no stuff to know about?
It just wanted to make stuff, so it could know about it?

Simple explanation, stuff always existed, and god never did.

However, I am open minded, that why I am an agnostic.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I do believe that there is a higher being, and I also believe that we were put here by something or someone from another universe. There are billions of other earths out there, and we definitely not alone.

This would help to explain the ancient landing strips
www.crystalinks.com...

There is so much that we will never know. I also believe that we are being watched and studied by other beings. This is just my thoughs on this.

Just imagine how everyone on this Planet would hopefully unite if we were to be visited by aliens. Maybe they can save us from all of the evil that is going on with mankind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join