It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by followtheevidence
reply to post by yourmaker

Design and intelligence are needed create a pencil, but not a universe. I guess my brainpower isn't equipped to grasp this concept.

Explain.

The explanation is implicit in my response. You said it should be evident (requiring little brainpower) to the casual observer that naturalism/materialism is the obvious nature of reality, which naturally excludes a Creator..

My comment that "Intelligence and design are needed to make a pencil, but not a universe" speaks to the inconsistency of a materialist worldview. I guess your original assertion it isn't so obvious to this observer.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

The universe doesn't "make" anything, its merely a random aggregation of particles over a span of 15 billion years.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

I never claimed the universe made anything; rather I am questioning the possibility that the universe is a thing which exhibits more complexity than a pencil (which requires intelligence and design) and yet itself is only a product without intelligence or design according to a materialistic paradigm. This is confusing to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

A pencil has utility for the spread of culture and ultimately in contributing to our reproductive fitness. We fabricate many items that are of use, as do most if not all animals. If we didn't exist would the fact that a beaver builds a dam signify the divine?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
God didnt come into existence. he always has been and always will be.

That statement will make most atheist cry with frustration, Life comes from life even science has proved that! life can not come from non-life.

we will never understand God until we look at him from a spiritual point of view. even then we will never fully understand God

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator
Life comes from life even science has proved that! life can not come from non-life.
If Pasteur were alive today I assure you he would be in tears given the above statement.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

i don't understand were Louis Pasteur comes into that? can you explain?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
God comes from imperfection. The concept is a sign that imperfection or imbalance exists. Buddha proved that God is irrelevant in the search for what really ails the human condition, and that is true. When a human regains their lost perfection then the concept will go away.

What is more important than the question who created God, is the question: what is the meaning of God?

The universe was not and is not anything created, it is a state of consciousness, and consciousness is eternal.

This universe just like an idea in your mind can come and go as that idea comes and goes. Where are the thoughts you had an hour ago? Are they created or eternal, and where are they now? They are dormant. When this universe again becomes dormant, then another one can come about.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Bottom line is science should not try and answer philosophy questions.

that's not what science is

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We will possibly never know the truth until we die or when God comes back to earth like the (the Bible) promised he would. Some opinionated explanations:

- humans made him up for whatever reason
- we lost the truth along the way
- he doesn't exist
- he is everything so he just exists, has existed and will forever exist and we just can't
understand

Thinking about it makes my head ache with great confusion.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

I believe god is a sheet of string on the quantum plain.
A multidimensional Singularity.

That is God

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
God may exist but only if there is an "I" to perceive it. Without an "I" to perceive it, who will confirm his existence ? The "I" creates God !

~ Nisargadatta Maharaj ~

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by uva3021

If we didn't exist would the fact that a beaver builds a dam signify the divine?

Not at all. But it would insinuate intelligence.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That statement will make most atheist cry with frustration, Life comes from life even science has proved that! life can not come from non-life.

we will never understand God until we look at him from a spiritual point of view. even then we will never fully understand God
Life can come from non-life, and it did. On Earth. Roughly 3 billion years ago.

The Universe itself was created from nothing by quantum fluctuations.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
LIFE and Death are "Opposites".... One can NOT be the Other....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The question is invalid since an absolute non-existance is impossible, only leaving absolute existence, God. The instant any consciousness directs focus upon aspects of an absolute non-existence, it self-annihilates because that consciousness derived it to exist, thus violating the integrity of an absolute non-existence.

But oh no, God just couldn't stop there. It had to try and be true to the definition of omnipresent by also being "present" (existing) inside of absolute non-existence. Thus the ONE infinitesimal singularity exists out from this infinite spherical division and subtraction. But to engage this singularity with infinite velocity AND infinite angular varience, where the singularity IS NOT as a component of that "flight path" GENERATES THE INFINITE IMPEDENCE, the generated non-existence which It may now enter. So this is where we are, we are finite.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
LIFE and Death are "Opposites".... One can NOT be the Other...

But there is yet another state, which is both.... The Paradox,

But it still remains, LIFE and Death are "Opposites".... One can NOT be the Other...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Life can come from non-life, and it did. On Earth. Roughly 3 billion years ago.

The Universe itself was created from nothing by quantum fluctuations.

Says who? And can you prove it or at least offer scientific evidence of it?

Ty,
edmc2

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think God spoke and we are the words....Something that great is infinte!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

My son was 4 years old and riding in the back seat of the car and he asked the question how was God born. I said, God has always been and always will be. He got real quiet because the answer I gave was not good enough for him. About 5 minutes later my son said, Dad I know how God was born and I asked how, and my son said, God made himself. Now that is some kind of deep thought for a 4 year old. God Made Himself. ^Y^

edit on 8-7-2011 by amari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join