It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That's all good and well, but that box you posted contains blackness, not nothingness....

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I think the question "Where did God come from, or how was God created" shows a limitation in our current way of thinking.

You see, we think linear in time. Thinking linear in time implies and sets up the following pairs of opposites: before and after, creation and destruction, cause and effect.

Event A comes before and causes Event B, which comes before and causes Event C. Event C would not exist, if it were not for Event A. Well, where did Event A come from? Some Event before that, which was in turn created by some event before that ... ad nauseum.

I think whenever you end up in an infinite regression in logic, it shows you are asking the wrong question.

If space and time were "created" in the Big Bang, this would mean time did not exist "before" the Big Bang.

This means God exists outside time. If He exists outside time the logic of linear time would not apply, nor would the pairs of opposites, such as cause and effect, creation and destruction.

God was never created and came from nowhere would even be wrong ... these are all statements that apply to linear time, or existence within spacetime.

God just .... is.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The problem is..... everyone has a different idea of what GOD is...... or should be according to human made standards.

Where we should ask first what produced All and not what we believe should have produced All.

We can’t start with a belief and then try and prove it but rather seek for what produced everything and try to understand what we find…

Some believe in the/a big bang, but WHAT, NOT who, Produced the space, for this to take place in, and WHAT laid down the rules or Laws of physics or processes, which took place before and after this big bang ???

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Why do we ass-u-me a God had to start the process? Maybe there was always just antimatter or something like it and not always a god. Why is it possible for there to always been a God and not always some type of matter we don’t understand yet? I think anti matter become so big or so dense that it either collapsed or imploded and matter was born in the form of Atoms, these Atom where moving faster than the speed of light they started spinning, soon do to friction force they heated up and started joining together and getting trapped in gravity of their spin then trillions or more years later planets formed, The evolution of all we know started.
I don’t think space goes on to infinity but is too large for us to measure, everything we see and know of a large mass is round in space, we know that gravity bends light and space, so I think at some point in time everything that is moving away from is going be trapped sooner or later by some gravity and that space may be like Pac-man where you go off one side and just appear on the other it’s more like a very big balloon.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TCHOP561

But what is time? Time is nothing but a tool man made for a point of reference. What time is it 300 hundred thousand light-years from here? What time does God say it is? All of space does not care what time we humans say it is on earth. So what does time have to do with anything except for a record for humans? How can time be finite or infinite when it’s not real? Time does not exist outside of the human mind. Change is not time. God may not be real outside of our minds either.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
God is time, space, and all energy that has ever been around. God was the cause and creator of the Big Bang. God is every element. All that and more in a form of intelligent energy. I really can't explain. But I always seem to go back to my encounters with ghosts/paranormal. Ghosts are real...so why can't God be real? Its too bad alot of people don't believe in ghosts either. I ramble on too much. haha.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Crazykelly

...time is a dimension of the universe. Spacetime. We exist within time, it's not something we made up. Einstein's work focused heavily on time. It would have made no sense for him to say that time is not constant if time were nothing more than a human construct.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Wow, we finally agree. I either need my am coffee or I need to go back to bed .

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is the 401st Anniversary of "God".

"God" was the new English word created by King James in 1610 when he edited the bible....and ALSO declared HE as KING is also a GOD in his speech to Parliament.

Do some research and find out what English speaking people called their deity in 1609, it wasn't "God".

You see scripture was written down and the deity ORDERED to be called something....and we aren't calling him what he ordered to be called, YHWH....we were calling that deity either "El" or "El Shaddai" or "YHWH" in 1609.

"GOD" is a complete fabrication by King James...the guy that gutted the bible and declared himself a GOD.

Stupid Christian Americans....don't know SQUAT. Pray to your false idol....look at what it's doing to you.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
This is the 401st Anniversary of "God".

"God" was the new English word created by King James in 1610 when he edited the bible....and ALSO declared HE as KING is also a GOD in his speech to Parliament.

Do some research and find out what English speaking people called their deity in 1609, it wasn't "God".

You see scripture was written down and the deity ORDERED to be called something....and we aren't calling him what he ordered to be called, YHWH....we were calling that deity either "El" or "El Shaddai" or "YHWH" in 1609.

"GOD" is a complete fabrication by King James...the guy that gutted the bible and declared himself a GOD.

Stupid Christian Americans....don't know SQUAT. Pray to your false idol....look at what it's doing to you.

Actually the word comes from Old English, and the capitalization for monotheism dates to the fourth century.

At least according to Wikipedia.

(I don't really care, but I do fact-check whenever people throw interesting data around, and I point it out when it turns out there is conflicting data).

edit on 21-6-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jwag100

You have it backwards einstein destoryed the time as a constant.

Efforts to understand time below the Planck scale have led to an exceedingly strange juncture in physics. The problem, in brief, is that time may not exist at the most fundamental level of physical reality. If so, then what is time? And why is it so obviously and tyrannically omnipresent in our own experience? “The meaning of time has become terribly problematic in contemporary physics,” says Simon Saunders, a philosopher of physics at the University of Oxford. “The situation is so uncomfortable that by far the best thing to do is declare oneself an agnostic.”

The trouble with time started a century ago, when Einstein’s special and general theories of relativity demolished the idea of time as a universal constant. One consequence is that the past, present, and future are not absolutes. Einstein’s theories also opened a rift in physics because the rules of general relativity (which describe gravity and the large-scale structure of the cosmos) seem incompatible with those of quantum physics (which govern the realm of the tiny). Some four decades ago, the renowned physicist John Wheeler, then at Princeton, and the late Bryce DeWitt, then at the University of North Carolina, developed an extraordinary equation that provides a possible framework for unifying relativity and quantum mechanics. But the Wheeler-­DeWitt equation has always been controversial, in part because it adds yet another, even more baffling twist to our understanding of time.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Crazykelly

The trouble with time started a century ago, when Einstein’s special and general theories of relativity demolished the idea of time as a universal constant. One consequence is that the past, present, and future are not absolutes.

Yeap.

"Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion." ~ Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

I believe our main problem with this discussion is the spiting of hairs. Most of us believe there was always some kind of energy.
So the discussion is about was that energy an intelligent creator with a plan or a dumb energy random creation.
In either case one could call either one a creator and even call either one a God because either way either intelligent energy or dumb energy created us.
So we should ask what facts prove intelligent or dumb.
I don’t believe an intelligent creator that is all moral would create humanity and force it into sin like the bible. God made Adam and Eve they had Cane and Able why would a moral God force Cane and Able into having incest with their mom or sister so the human race could grow they where the only one on earth right...
Why would an intelligent God make an earth that kills the very humans it designed for, Earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, virus, cancer, starvation?
Why would an intelligent God say if your born retarded, or if your born at 906 am and you die at 910 am you go right to heaven, while the rest of us have to go through wars, rape, murder, incest, torture, child abuse and then be judge for our actions?
I think the facts are clear it’s all random dumb energy.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Why do the believers in God say that we can’t comprehend God or where God came from? They Debate with the following that god is (not confined by the laws of physics, is omnipresent, is Omnipotent. Is Omniscient, can heal, can walk on water, He just always was. But none of this can be true why because we can’t comprehend what God is. So how can any of the above be true without some comprehension LOL.
The real problem with believers of gods is they can’t comprehend how life, earth and space came into being without an God, and no matter what facts science proves, no matter what logic says, no matter what physics law are, they can’t accept the reality of it. The believers in a god will always take god to a higher bazaar level that is beyond humans no matter what facts we know.
This discussion is about insanity we discuss the same things over and over and except a different answer from each other.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Crazykelly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, and am sure this answer has probably been given but here it goes. Pardon me if my answer seems simplistic, but I can't help but think that ultimately the answer IS simple.

Where did God come from? Well, causality or the law of cause-and-effect only exists within the parameters of time/space. The necessity of any given thing to have a beginning, or point of origin is only a necessary because of time. Therefore, God doesn't require a cause or a beginning since He dwells outside of and created time/space itself. He is the uncaused cause. The Creator of all that is. I am not claiming this to be a provable assertion, but I am claiming that this explanation is logically consistent.

God doesn't exist, He created existence itself. God is.
edit on 6-7-2011 by followtheevidence because: grammar

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I've lived my entire life without god or sense of a god. If people can't accept that we are here naturally then they deserve to live in their self made "hell". It doesn't take much brain power to realize the Universe for what it is, at least it shouldn't.
Even the concept of a god makes me laugh, like it's a kid's story. seriously!
Adults believing this puts me into a state of misanthropy.
When I started growing up I thought they used god like they use Santa or the Tooth fairy but to my surprise you actually believed it! at that point all my faith was lost. we were living in an insane world with no where to go. still are to this day.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It is imposible for any human to rationalize that which governs GOD when he is the one who created the rules and laws that govern all and is not held or bound by them. Its outside our reality to be able to concieve that which has no start or end. To truly understand you would have to be him, or he would would have to tell you and if he did that you probly wouldnt understand any better then you do now because of limited understanding.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Design and intelligence are needed create a pencil, but not a universe. I guess my brainpower isn't equipped to grasp this concept.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
reply to post by yourmaker

Design and intelligence are needed create a pencil, but not a universe. I guess my brainpower isn't equipped to grasp this concept.

Explain.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

God, from my understanding is the one that always was, he never wasn't. There is no end or beginning to him. He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

All other false gods and fallen angels are liars and thiefs who awaiting their eternal torment have no other pleasure than to take as many Billions of Souls down to Hades before they are eventually locked up their forever.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join