It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

His Excellency Saddam Hussein, Urges Iraqis Not to Hate the People of the West

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In a letter released Tuesday but written on November the 5th (the day the Iraqi Court informed the world it would kill Saddam) the former leader of Iraq who once brought the Iraqi people stability, freedom from certain backward elements of Arab culture, and a western standard of living before 1991 (as well as a much better of standard of living (for the majority) than they have today (up and till 2003) urged Iraqis “not to hate the people of the other countries that attacked us”.

In Depth Description…
www.topix.net...
More Detail of What Was Said…
news.bbc.co.uk...
But he also expressed support for the Iraqi Resistance fighting the occupation of our volunteer military "Long live jihad and the Mudjahidin" he said.

Also…
Ba’th Party vows to suspend talks with Occupation if Saddam Hussein is killed…
www.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
(Basically its official more people will die if we don’t stop this execution; but hay what does Bush and Co care about people dying?)

Vatican Advises Against Killing Saddam
www.news.com.au...

And…
Another letter from Saddam to the People of Iraq 17th October 2006
(see bottom of page for translation)
www.albasrah.net.../ar_articles_2006/1006/sadam_151006.htm

My Comment…
I assume its good news for The Moron of Washington that the man who once brought stability to Iraq will be soon be murdered by the U.S created and backed “Iraqi” court. This is for the apparent crime of (apparently) killing “148” Shiites who participated in an assassination attempt of Saddam Hussein (it happened primarily because he was a religiously secular leader of Iraq; and they were not secular people).
Clearly when the presidents main concerns are (apparently) fighting terrorism, fighting religious extremism and containing the influence of Iran there is nothing he can learn from someone like Saddam who ruled Iraq (effectively for over 30 years) and who fought terrorism, religious extremism, and who hated Iran and also went to war with them (at great cost to himself and his country).
And in a country where over 60% of the population are what (can loosely be described) as “religious fundamentalists” I find it note worthy that the President of United States is glad that these people (even if they don’t have political freedom due to the threat of terrorism-sectarianism) at least have the freedom to choose their own leader. Apparently the current government of Iraq is already having to do a lot of communication with Iran; and in the next Iraqi election we will see which political movement the poverty stricken (and now also sectarian divided) Iraqi people may promote to replace the current Iraqi government be their leader. If-when this happens I wonder whether the President will also congratulate this new movements ideologies- loyalties to Iran?

For those learning Iraqi Political History…
Ba’th Part Description (a party outlawed through our occupation of Iraq)
www.iraqinews.com...

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So, you worship Saddam Hussein?

That's sweet.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

That's sweet.

So, you have nothing constructive to say?

That's sad.

Most, if not all, of what he has said about Saddam is true. Pre-91 Iraq was a beacon to which the rest of the ME should have aspired.

Granted, the method of rule was, at times, rather brutal, but Saddam had to keep a lid on the religious elements.

I think it is rather telling that for a man who is accused by war hawks of slaughtering hundreds of thousands has only been convicted of killing 130 odd Shia's, who took part in an attack on his convoy, I might add.

Surely, for such a monster who supposedly slaughtered hundreds of thousands (where are the bodies?), there must be some evidence of his crimes?

Why only get him on a reprisal attack against a religous group who tried to kill him?

Why not get him for the hundreds of thousands?

Because there is no evidence.

As it stands, the coalition is responsible for more deaths in 3 1/2 years than Saddam was in 30 years.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Stu , I dont like to side with a yank over a fellow brit but I'm afraid your a little bit off..

www.usaid.gov...

I'm not defending the war, but frankly he isnt exactly free from blame himself.

also lib, his exellency? Did he suddenly become royalty?

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Too bad that the real criminals in the Iraqi history of devastation will go unpunished, but Saddam will become the Martyr.

Sometimes the most heinous criminals tend to go through history as heroes.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Too bad that the real criminals in the Iraqi history of devastation will go unpunished, but Saddam will become the Martyr.

The "real" criminals? So you dont count Mr Saddam as a criminal?

Sometimes the most heinous criminals tend to go through history as heroes.

Well that does depend on WHO you believe doesnt it, isnt the PIRA just an orginisation fighting for "freedom" from british imperialistic rule? Or is it a murdering orginisation who sees no diffrence between civilian and military targets?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

The "real" criminals? So you dont count Mr Saddam as a criminal?

To his people he will be a martyr and that is nothing that you or me can do about it.

Well that does depend on WHO you believe doesn't it,

And on the side YOU believe in, isn't life sometimes unfair for the ones call the winners and the losers?

Is all in the eye of the beholder and who is telling the truth and who is the lier.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Stu , I dont like to side with a yank over a fellow brit but I'm afraid your a little bit off..

www.usaid.gov...

I'm not defending the war, but frankly he isnt exactly free from blame himself.

also lib, his exellency? Did he suddenly become royalty?

Get me an independant source and I will happily believe you. Like I said, they guy wasn't an Angel. 400,000 bodies wuld have been plastered all over the news and quite frankly, they haven't been. After all, the 5,000 from Srebenica in Bosnia have been massively well documented.

As for "His Exellency" title, that is technically what you call a President in diplomatic circles. i wouldn't stretch so far as to call him that myself, but that is protocol if he were President. Bush will be called that himself in diplomatic engagements.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

That's sweet.

I got that feeling to.. his excelency... quick.. we should pull that mans face out of Saddams backside before he suffocates!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

To his people he will be a martyr and that is nothing that you or me can do about it.

I dont care what they think, after all who am I to question what they believe.

And on the side YOU believe in, isn't life sometimes unfair for the ones call the winners and the losers?

I believe in the side that keeps scottish soldiers alive, scotland is my country, not iraq.
Life is always unfair, but if it wasnt everyone would be doing it.

Is all in the eye of the beholder and who is telling the truth and who is the lier.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by marg6043]

What is truth?
IMO truth is simply perception for whoever whishes to believe it.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
DW, what on earth are you doing up at this hour?

Crazy Jock...

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There's a whole list of other leaders that should also be hanging at the hague. The kriegsverbrecker who started this war, and the traitors who collaborated with them to get a peace of the power, killing over 600,000 of their own iraqi people.

I'm don't support saddam, he was a dictator, he may have kept things secular and stable aswell as some other good things, but the represive way he ruled was wrong, the ends don't justify the means. And the idea that Iraq would have fallen apart without him is just some silly new idea, Iraq existed as a free and united country before he was born, and they have resisted occupation and gained independce before and still remained one nation! Besides i still maintain he was a US asset, just as his enemies are today.

But under that same axiom, "the means does not justify the ends", no country should be able to declare war on a sovereign nation under the pretext of "changing their leader" . Ofcource it was just an excuse to get at the oil, and being done by people as bad as saddam is like hitler attacking russia to liberate them from stalin.
Still, even if we accepted that premice. it is no ones right to meddle in peoples affairs in such a way. It is the peoples right alone, to decide if they want to overthrow their government or not, they alone must choose if they want to rise up. You can't have freedom through a foreign occupation, because those two things are opposites.

And then to execute it's president, there are many who are atleast as deserving. This is a kangaroo court, a sham trial, nothing more than a show, by those who need a a little drama to distract people from what is really happening under there noses. If there was any justice in this world, the people who are running the show now would be hanging right beside him. But you know, the gallows are waiting for them too, i can't wait to see the day.

I hope now that the dust is begining to settle, those who where fooled can begin to see things with more clearity. And see why my words from long ago where important.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Get me an independant source and I will happily believe you. Like I said, they guy wasn't an Angel. 400,000 bodies wuld have been plastered all over the news and quite frankly, they haven't been. After all, the 5,000 from Srebenica in Bosnia have been massively well documented.

Well its over most networks, but the BBC notes something at the end of the report: iraqs human rights orginisation says there are more than 40 possible sites for mass graves.

news.bbc.co.uk...

As for "His Exellency" title, that is technically what you call a President in diplomatic circles. i wouldn't stretch so far as to call him that myself, but that is protocol if he were President. Bush will be called that himself in diplomatic engagements.

I dont think so mate, I mean when was the last time you heard bush, etc being called "exellency"? I believe its reserved for nobile blood.

Originally posted by stumason
DW, what on earth are you doing up at this hour?

Crazy Jock...

Pulling an all nighter probably to go drinking all day tomorrow....what? I'm a student!

Syrian sister,
Can we keep it on topic? I thought this was about sadamm? Not about someones opinion on who is "right" and "wrong" in the war?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
At the end of the day, he should have been tried at the Hague. The only reason he wasn't was that the Yanks wanted him dead.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As for you devilwasp.

I believe in the side that keeps scottish soldiers alive, scotland is my country, not iraq.

In that case you should support the side who are against the war, and against your government. Because it is your government who are putting your scottish soldiers lives in danger for their sick greedy purposes.

And may i just add, that william wallace must be rolling in his grave. He fought for the freedom of scotland, just so that people like you and your soldiers, can support a british occupation of another country. The very thing he fought against !!!

If he was alive today, i'm sure you and your ilk will be tasting the tip of his blade. What a hero, someone like you makes me feel sorry for him, You call yourself a patriot.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
In that case you should support the side who are against the war, and against your government. Because it is your government who are putting your scottish soldiers lives in danger for their sick greedy purposes.

ACTUALLY syrian, I'm quite against britain being in iraq but frankly it would be a greater tarnish on scottish and BRITISH honour to leave a job unfinished.

And may i just add, that william wallace must be rolling in his grave. He fought for the freedom of scotland, just so that people like you and your soldiers, can support a british occupation of another country. The very thing he fought against !!!

I find that quite amusing syrian, you bring up the name of a great leader who raped, pillaged, slaughtered and murdered many innocent people in defence of scotland. Personally myself I wouldnt care if he was spinning in all of his 4 graves , the scottish people freed themselves, not him.

If he was alive today, i'm sure you and your ilk will be tasting the tip of his blade. What a hero, someone like you makes me feel sorry for him, You call yourself a patriot.

Hero? Mabye you should read up about history or what my countries, "great hero" done to a certain english lord at the battle of stirling bridge.

If he wished to duel me in a swords match, I'd happily go, give me a short sword any day over a claymore. But then again why am I listening to someone who knows nothing of scottish history, never set foot on british never mind scottish soil or knows what celtic nations done for the world.

BTW just to add syrian, next time you wish to "educate" me on my own country please be prepared for me to laugh at you, I may be an officer and a gentleman but even I have a limit to my patience.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What can I say, I am an American and America is my business, so I don't get what the comment about the Scottish soldiers has to do with my post.

Saddam will die and the only ones to enjoy his death will be the people that made possible that he will be hang.

The US government and the present administration.

I imagine that they will have their own private cameras and videos to see the entire thing.

Because the Iraqi people don't have the resources to have electricity in their home to see it all on TV.

And they are to busy picking the pieces of their loves everyday on the streets in Iraq to pay attention, unless they are the elite Shiites now ruling the nation and living in the comfort of the US green zone compound.

Funny.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What can I say, I am an American and America is my business, so I don't get what the comment about the Scottish soldiers has to do with my post.

You asked what side I'm on, I'm on scotlands side, the side that keeps them safe and alive.

Saddam will die and the only ones to enjoy his death will be the people that made possible that he will be hang.

I dont care if he lives or dies myself personally, it has nothing to do with me or scotland.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

ACTUALLY syrian, I'm quite against britain being in iraq but frankly it would be a greater tarnish on scottish and BRITISH honour to leave a job unfinished.

So your "against it but not" how confused. Let me ask you, if your in the proccess of commiting a crime, is it "dishonourable" to leave the job unfinnished?

If your old master tells you to beat up a weak old lady in the street, and you already started the job, what would be more honourable, to stop and turn on your master, or to "finnish the job".

By being a part of this war, you have already tarnished the image of scottland, and by not admitting when you where wrong, you look as small as an cockroach nothing more.

You won't finnish your job anyway because IT IS THE HONOUR OF IRAQ THAT WILL NOT BE TARNISHED! so in the end, you'll be leaving with your tails between your legs, too bad if you had left sooner you may have gotten away with a bit of dignity.

I find that quite amusing syrian, you bring up the name of a great leader who raped, pillaged, slaughtered and murdered many innocent people in defence of scotland. Personally myself I wouldnt care if he was spinning in all of his 4 graves , the scottish people freed themselves, not him.

Sounds like you are a decendent of someone who collaborated with the the english, their word is like gods word to you isn't it? Because everything they said about wallace has to be true. Go hug the queen why don't you.

As for what he did to an english lord i haven't heard of it, if it was an english lord trying to subdue a rightful resistance movement, i'm sure he got what he deserved.

I may be an officer and a gentleman but even I have a limit to my patience.

Do your worst !!!

Where is the "gentlemanly" aspect to this war, you are not fighting a force that is equal in power to you, you chose to pick on the weekest country like a bunch of cowards.

Gone are the days where you could be "an officer and a gentleman" devilwasp. Don't forget when 10 of your men, beat near to death to iraqi boys half your size as they where pleading for you to stop.

Your countries images is really not tarnished righ?, HAH that's what is to be laughed at.

Anyway... i don't want to get off topic, since i know the mods will pick on me more than anyone else.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

That's sweet.

Ugh...

oh yes! *beats my chest* A'merica bad.....Saddam good!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join