It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. has plans to return to the moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   

does no one here but Russian understand that without wasting fuel exiting the atmosphere, we will be able to travel FARTHER into space?

I guess you missed my post where i talked about all that stuff on the first page

but yeah it would definately help launching from the moon. I don't think you need oxygen to get the rockets to work in space Russian. I can't remember the exact details, but rockets just have chemicals that mix and combust on contact (i don't remeber anymore for sure though). Also if they would continue with nuclear powered rocket research. I think that would help a lot too.

MarkLuitzen: Great link there!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
got another one here about moonmision latest on this at space.com

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
for those that subscribe to the theory that we were warned off ( a la armstrong), its interesting that we're going back now.....have we gotten some type of permission?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
We should go if for no other reason than we are Humans and explore is what we do.

When we arent killing each other that is.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You never know with Bush. He may want to go to the
moon himself just to jump around.

But seriously, what kind of capabilities and technologies can we utilize on the moon now that we didn't have in 1969?
I don't mean this as a statement but as a question.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by jackopsychopants]

jra

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They'd probably be able to bring more stuff with things being smaller. Plus everything would be digital i'm sure.

They would be able to make a better Lunar Rover (not that the old one was bad for the time). It could have longer lasting batteries, it could even be completely solar powered. Maybe they could even make it remote controled. So after the astronauts leave, people down at NASA could still drive it around and explore.

They'd have better sensors and analizing equipment for sure. They could even use digital cameras. With the ability to do auto focusing and auto exposure in todays cameras, it would make it a lot easier for them. Plus with the LCD sceen on the back, they could see what the pic would look like exactly. Though these cameras would have to be specialy built to go in space of course.

I'm sure there would be many more things, but those are the main things that come to my mind.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by jra]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yogibear
Not only a waste of money but also a waste of time and effort better spent on something else.
I for one do believe that the moon landing did take place
back in 1969 .
Which is why I see no reason to send another expedition up
there.
We know what the moon is like so what are we going to learn this time that we didn't know before?

learn how to colonize it.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
hell i'd love to go to the moon. sign me up.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
yeah that would be pretty neat to live on the moon. But i think it would get very old.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
We should go if for no other reason than we are Humans and explore is what we do.

When we arent killing each other that is.

i agree with you that we should explore...

why not???

if there is enough money...

and right now we are not killing each other...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackopsychopants

But seriously, what kind of capabilities and technologies can we utilize on the moon now that we didn't have in 1969?

as i said before...

we can make a base there and launch rockets from there...

this will help with not wasting as much fuel to get out of the gravity...

and with more fuel we can got further...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by jackopsychopants

as i said before...

we can make a base there and launch rockets from there...

this will help with not wasting as much fuel to get out of the gravity...

and with more fuel we can got further...

thumbs up to that

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
1. I'm unsure if we went, since finding some film showing our people faking a earth shoot.
2. Believe we need to go there just so we can see how small out minds are, killing each other in God's name, by what ever Religion
3. Learning how to build habitat on the Moon will teach us along with mining water what will be required for a Mars mission.
4. It would also make a great Military outpost on watching our planet. Satan fell from Heavon, and space is madeup of Dark Matter.
5. Finally we can see if Hoagland is correct or just full of it with seeing the structures on the moon, including the doomed craters.
6. As I recall we needed the Louisiana purchase for our Nation to grow, the Moon would allow this World the same chance to expand both in mass and spirit.
7. Berlin wall came down without shots being fired, the moon may also give us a chance to bring down the wall between Nation.
8. " To Boldly go where no Man has gone before " and forgive the servent women so we can again get into a growing spiritual mode.

How would I get there, check out my website: home.earthlink.net... just download and read How I see getting there.

Enjoy,
Michael

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All kind of news agencies are crawling over this topic so here one from cnn again...

money.cnn.com... nn=yes

oh yeah typicaly NASA...

NASA won't comment on reports that the Bush administration could announce a new goal for the nation's space program -- perhaps as soon as next Wednesday, the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers' first flight -- other than to say that a multi-agency task force is weighing options.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
www.space-frontier.org... urntomoon.html

"We applaud the White House for even considering a new space agenda that includes a permanent base on the Moon." Artwork courtesy NASA.
Los Angeles, December 12, 2003 � The Space Frontier Foundation upped the ante today on possible plans for a U.S. return to the Moon. The group strongly supports a rumored Presidential mandate that includes establishing a permanent base on the Moon, but wants a short timeline, a clear goal and a tight budget to force NASA to re-organize itself, bring in other parts of government, and most importantly � incorporate the private sector as a major partner if it is to succeed.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I say not to go to the moon. It uses enormous amounts of resources and money. I say if we do go back to the moon, we should build a colony there. Face the facts ladies and gentlemen, those Sci-fi movies have some hint of reality in them. Soon our technology will allow us to build colonies that will have the capability to sustain life and all the necesary requirements for it. I say instead of an international space station (which i still dont see the usefullness of), we should all work together for moon colonization. Think about it. This would be the first logical step in colonization of other planets. The first step into colonizing Mars. The moon is a perfect "stepping stone" in a way, for future expiditions. This would serve as a good outpost for Mars expiditions, but that is getting into a whole new topic so i think i will leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Why the heck does everyone think that bush was going to outline a plan for going to mars or the moon. On the anneversy of the wright brothres flight we were told that he would be giving us details about a return to the moon or a mission to mars. This was made up by people who WANT A RETURN TO THE MOON OR MARS

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think it was a hoax the first time and it not about weapons or going back they just want to beat the chinese there and place a flag an lander so they can continue the hoax that they went there.
because can you image what would happen if there were caught out no one would believe em ever again

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdnoner
I think it was a hoax the first time and it not about weapons or going back they just want to beat the chinese there and place a flag an lander so they can continue the hoax that they went there.

I think you are very much so on the right track. It is the same thing that I have been believing also. The only reason is to beat the chinese in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join