It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US military amnesty for Immigrants.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I have always struggled with different ways to allow the immigrants their fair shot to live in a country based on immigration and freedom. This idea sort of kills two birds with one stone if it is at all possible.

Why can't the united states governemt asked for 2 years military service and 2 years reserve service for immigrants that are qaulified? After whcih they can begin their process of citizenship. If I remember correctly with the african american soldiers during the fist and second world war were still not able to vote fairly, so the citizenship/military excuse isn't valid in my opinion.


The National Voting Rights Act of 1965 outlawed the requirement that would-be voters in the United States take literacy tests or pay a poll tax to qualify to register to vote, and it provided for federal registration of voters in areas that had less than 50% of eligible minority voters registered.



From 1941 to 1945 black enlisted personnel increased nearly 200-fold, from 5,000 to 900,000. The number of black officers increased even more -- from only 5 to 7,000.


Not only will we boost our armed services but it will give a chance for the illegal to show his/her sacrifice to our country.

I know this idea isn't as easy as it sounds, although I can't find problems that would kill such an idea. Perhaps the fine people on ATS will tell me why it is not logical.

Open for discussion.

AAC




posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If I remember correctly this was the action that trumpeted the fall of the Roman Empire. Lets take the decendents of the people who have lost to our ancestors in every major military maneouver during the existence of our nation and make them our defenders. Viva la revolucion!



posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
And how would you go about recruiting said Illegal Immigrants?

In todays' world, the vast majority are not interested in US Citizenship, nor do they want to join the Miltary, if they were interested in serving they would have done so in their native lands, savvy?



posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The military has always offered service, honorable service, as a way to fast track citizenship.

No - you couldn't illeglaly enter the country and then join - you had to do it the right way.

When applying for citizenship - if one indicates that they are willing to server the are usually at bootcamp within 6 months.

This isn't new.

As for comparing this to the Roman Empire - seriously - 98% of us are not naitive to this country (i.e. we are immigrants).



posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm not an immigrant. I am a native american and so is every person who was born here and whose parents were born here.



posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by arius
I'm not an immigrant. I am a native american and so is every person who was born here and whose parents were born here.


What does this mean?



posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm not an immigrant. I am a native american and so is every person who was born here and whose parents were born here.

What does this mean?

Refer to the last statement of crisco's post



posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It doesn't make correct sense. He said 98% of us are immigrants. You know he meant our ancestors, as it was implied. If you are Native American, you fall into the other 2% he left open. No?

AAC



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join