It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military considers recruiting foreigners

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
Sounds bad... and I see a connection with the Roman empire.

Thats exactly the first thing that popped to my mind when reading the headlines , anyone who has done some reading on the roman empire will notice the uncanny similarities.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Coalition? We don't need no stinking coalition. US forces to be recruiting in a neghborhood near you!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I really think the governments should ask themselves WHY people dont want to join the forces anymore.
Jeez, they might find out that the majority are ANTI-WAR these days and have come to the conclusion that war doesnt solve anything and has a huge personal cost to the soldier when he comes home (war psychosis, fighting for
disability pensions etc that is if he doesnt get KILLED) and also to the families of these soldiers.

They sprout on about freedom and liberty but these 2 pearls arent what they used to be. We're slowly learning that we arent as FREE as they would have us believe.
Most people just want to be able to go to work, come home to their families
and have a peaceful life. Hell, with road rage, suburban crime on the rise,
employment insecurity etc. Who would want to fight in a war to protect THAT? Is THAT a way of life that you could expect someone to put their life on the line for??
A lot of people arent even free to walk outside their homes after dark.
So for many, freedom is a joke. Thats my rant about war and freedom.

But being practical and staying on topic.........
As for hiring foreign soldiers, IF the war machine must keep churning,I think its about time that professional soldiers should be hired just as any other occupation/profession to fill a gap in local labour.
At the moment they are paid peanuts for putting their lives on the line.
A beaurocrat sitting on their arse shuffling paper all day gets paid more.

I think high salaries would entice a lot of people to join up. Heaven knows nobody wants to fight for freedom anymore having woken up to the fact that
Freedom is a fallacy. So why not a huge salary? While governments insist on getting involved in wars, then they should at least be willing to pay the armed forces according to the risk they are taking.

This isnt the middle ages anymore when people would get a knighthood.
Or the the 40s when medals really meant something.
These days its all about the almight BUCK $$$$. Our governments have lead by example on that one.

I think offering citizenship for joining the forces is a laugh.
What good is citizenship to you if you are dead?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
double post.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Flighty]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join