It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS noob saying a big hello to you all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well finaly decided to join ATS, been visiting this sight for some time now and thought it was time to take the plunge and get stuck in. So a big HELLO! to you all and i hope to get to know you all much better as time goes on.
A little about me, im a 30ish y/o man from Manchester (the city of perpetual rainfall) in the UK, and i guess what has brought me before you is a desire to find some kind of 'truth', if thats the right word, as to nature of the reality i see around me. My main areas of interest at present are UFO's, mind control / manipulation, the power of the mind and the occult. I must stress that i consider myself to be a complete novice in all of the above areas, thats why i'm here, to learn

Away from ATS im i enjoy climbing and am a keen photographer (hoping for a career change in that direction over the next few years). I also enjoy the usual ie: books, films, music and comics, to give you a rough idea of my current faves..

Last 3 books read - The Men Who Stare at Goats
Dune
The God Delusion (still reading)

Top 3 comics - Transmetropolitan
Watchmen
The Invisibles

Top 3 movies - Fight Club
Dr Strangelove
Oldboy

Last 3 Albums bought - Marvin Gaye 'Whats goin on'
Johnny Cash 'American recordings 3'
Bebel Gilberto 'Tanto Tempo'

Anyhoo wont babble on any longer, glad i've finally popped my ATS cherry
see you all around, now time to sort out my avatar etc, etc....
G'nite all hope to talk soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrShhh
Top 3 comics - Transmetropolitan
Watchmen
The Invisibles

You're alright in my book MrShhh. And if you're reading The Invisibles then you should be more than prepared for ATS.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of ATS!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, I'll step up and say hey, cause I'm just as noob as you!

"HEY!"

Try not to stay up til 3 in the morning like I've tended to do for the last few days reading all the wonderful theories and opinions.

You'll hear about it from the Mrs.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Dune? Watchmen? Dr. Strangelove? These are some of the best titles ever. Dune will be a classic for a thousand years and Watchmen is the greatest comic series ever.

Based on your reading material, I'd say you are way ahead of a lot of other so-called "noobs". Welcome to ATS!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. You REALLY have to check out BTS, it seems to be your thing. You have to log in again.

Later.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and visit the brand new Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Big thanks for the warm welcome all, much appreciated

Rasobasi420 - Big thumbs up to The invisibles mate a crackin read, has to be said though reading it and total comprehension of it are two different things, i'm on my 3rd time through the series and some of it still confuses me, i'll get there

Cuhail - How you doin fellow noob? hope all is good at your end, thanks for the advice but am already suffering lack of sleep for the same reasons as yourself, this site should come with some kind of health warning
hope to see you around mate.

smallpeeps - Your obviously a person of taste
hears hoping they dont screw up the watchmen movie, although i do agree with Alan Moore when he said that it should and could NEVER be turned into a film.

Intrepid - Thanks for the advice mate, will check it out. Nice avatar by the way, like the dog tag inscription

Thanks for the links Grady and again thanks all for the welcome, see you all around

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
WELCOME!!

top topics

join