It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hacker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Does anyone have any information on what Gary McKinnon supposedly found when he hacked the us military computers looking for alien tech and the existence of aliens known to the u.s government, or do you find hiss story credible?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
He has claimed to has seen records describing the transfers of "non-terrestrial" officers to ships whose names he say does not exist. Possibly ships in orbit around Earth/Moon.

As far as his credibility goes, well he is definately the hacker he is claimed to be to get into the places he got into and I guess he is as credible as a stoner, slacker, hacker can be. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt at least. Sure do wish he had covered his tracks better and kept some accurate documentation of his cyber travels. Sure would have lent some more credence to his claims....

Edit: BTW, Welcome to ATS...hope you have fun here.....

[edit on 28-12-2006 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
does anyone know the names of the ships he supposedly saw while hacking, just out of a matter of interest?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
He supposedly found lists of names that did include non-terrestrial officers, on a spreadsheet or something like that. He also says that the admin of that computer was using a blank password (like when you buy a new computer and you don't have to type a password, you just click on the button to sign in), if that's true, then whoever was in charge of that computer was an idiot. He also says that there were many people on at the same time he was.

All i know for sure is that they are trying to extradite him from england and put him in an American prison for 70+ years. Yeah, he definitely found something they didn't like.

Here's a link to a video interview

[edit on 28/12/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

[edit on 28/12/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I will add this LINK to sweeten the story a bit. It is one of the Guardian Interviews....

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
cheers thanks for the link

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
You can also find a really good interview with him at ProjectCamelot.org

I believe him, without a doubt. He sounds very credible and intelligent, and he didn't make any claims that seemed too far outrageous. Very believable and I hope he doesn't get too long of a sentence.

I think that the only reason he's still alive is that he didn't get far enough!

[edit on 29-12-2006 by MrAndy]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Garys website here: www.freegary.org.uk
Hope you enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Perhaps someone "forgot" to create a password and left it blank for a reason?
Perhaps someone working for the Us-government wanted the information to be found more easily...

I'm just speculating..

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I read some articles early on where it was noted that he did find out some of the names of the vehicles themselves.

I am surprised, in a way, that the powers that be didn't just have him whisked away and disposed of. Maybe the publicity of the trial was meant to warn off other potential hackers.

Toc

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
check this out: freegary.org.uk...

Makes me sad when things like this happends to good people.
Gary doesn't seem a bad guy at all.
How far are we going to let this go?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toc

yea this guys a champ! read and watch all his interviews! im supporting this dude 100percent. F*** the government, lets hope his court case in 2007 doesnt go downhill.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by gtirlad]

Toc

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad

Originally posted by Toc

yea this guys a champ! read and watch all his interviews! im supporting this dude 100percent. F*** the government, lets hope his court case in 2007 doesnt go downhill.

[edit on 30-12-2006 by gtirlad]

If you know good lawers, time to get them in touch with Gary

How can we support him otherwise?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i have a feeling that gary telling the world what he saw is not helping his case.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Gary may be getting his wish and actually get a hacker job for the intel boys...
Of course, publicly, it will "appear" that he went to prison, but if I was running it, he'd definitely be on the payroll...

Edn

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Not likely, if that were the case the would have tried him in the UK and made a deal with the UK government. instead they have made up some massive amount of computer damage (needed) to legally extradite him to the US where its unlikely he will face a fair trial or not even get a trail for that matter.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
Not likely, if that were the case the would have tried him in the UK and made a deal with the UK government. instead they have made up some massive amount of computer damage (needed) to legally extradite him to the US where its unlikely he will face a fair trial or not even get a trail for that matter.

Exactly, so people don't think he will ever work for them. Take him away from england where most if not all of his family/friends are so nobody is likely to pay him a visit while he's in jail. The only reason i don't think he's getting a job is because it's taken years to go through all of the bs which will most likely lead up to his extradition, that and i'm sure it's very easy for the government to teach people how to become crackers and hackers.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Exactly, so people don't think he will ever work for them. Take him away from england where most if not all of his family/friends are so nobody is likely to pay him a visit while he's in jail.

Bingo.

As for training, sure you can train someone to hack, but I'm sure that those purposefully trying to hack foreign defense systems for intel purposes are likely looking for those who have the inventiveness to explore ways on their own.

Obviously, he got someone's attention, (regardless of whether you believe his claims of what he found), but being a pothead may exclude him from his desired career also, and just end up being jailed as planned.

Edn

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now your just being silly. For one he didn't exactly hack anything, second he obviously ins't very good at it, three why would they target a not so good hacker and throw him all over the media if they simply wanted him to work for them. four why didn't they hire one of the most likely much better hackers crawling through there systems.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Obviously, he got someone's attention, (regardless of whether you believe his claims of what he found), but being a pothead may exclude him from his desired career also, and just end up being jailed as planned.

Just because he's done drugs won't exclude him from working for them in my opinion. If somebody can experiment with a certain "nose candy" and/or get drunk a lot and still be president, well you get the idea.

[edit on 31/12/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join