It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden arrested by FBI in Brooklyn?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
On the subject of whether you can trust Byrd, that is up to you, but I have found absolutely no reason to distrust her, and I am sure that anyone that was not trustworthy, would also not be a SuperMod.

Bottom line - If you can't trust the mods, then you shouldn't post anything that you are uncomfortable with.

HEY .. why don't we ask one of the mods or 'higher ups' (Byrd, Simon, Etc...) to get in touch with the FBI and get an official statement in regards to this? This is a major internet site and last I saw there was going to be a TV show about the conspiracies discussed here (or did that TV thing die?). Considering that they MIGHT be willing to make a statement.

Anyways ... we paranoid conspiratorists most likely wouldn't believe the FBI if they denied getting a call about this but they MIGHT confirm that they got, and dismissed, a call about UBL living in NYC (or the MySpace connection).

What the heck. It couldn't hurt to ask them.

Originally posted by Leslie Powers
I'm big fan of X-Men. Storm is my favorite. --Leslie

I like the fire throwing kid who turns to the 'bad' side. Actually, I thought the 'bad' guys were really the smart ones. (probably no surprise to those on the left side of politics here!
)

[edit on 1/2/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I agree that we should keep it impersonal, but does that mean we also avoid chastizing her for accusing innocent members of society of being terrorists, and giving their names to the feds?

How do you know they were innocent? Besides I made it clear to the FBI that they were guesses. I never told them I had hard-core evidence or knew the people personally. I don't see how checking out my theories was harmful to anyone. I personally think my theories may have helped save lives.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Chis, my being able to disprove the claims is not at issue here. Since she made the claim that she found some evidence of something, and went to te FBI with it, that action wrong in my book. Even in a hypothetical situation, I believe that accusing individuals based on flimsy evidence would be the improper thing to do. Not only would it be a waste of time, money, and effort on the FBIs part, it's also a symptom of a self destructive society in which neighbor turns on neighbor for no reason whatsoever.

It would only be a "waste of time" if the tips were no good. The FBI would be able to quickly figure that out and tell me to stop calling and wasting their time. Instead they kept thanking me for my tips and were anxious to receive more. I could only conclude that I must have been onto something.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leslie Powers

I agree that we should keep it impersonal, but does that mean we also avoid chastizing her for accusing innocent members of society of being terrorists, and giving their names to the feds?

How do you know they were innocent? Besides I made it clear to the FBI that they were guesses. I never told them I had hard-core evidence or knew the people personally. I don't see how checking out my theories was harmful to anyone. I personally think my theories may have helped save lives.

Leslie
I can tell you from experience, that dealing with the FBI (this was before anyone knew about Domestic Wiretapping) can be a scary scary thing. Before you guess in the future you should think about it. They may not act on your guesses immediatly but they may go to that person at a later date. I was questioned about a phone call made from my computer shop 4 years prior to them finally getting to me about it. Not that I had a clue about the phone call but the questioning was terrifiying not knowing what the whole thing was all about when they call asking to speak with you.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
FBI to employer:
Mr. Nelson, we have reports that one of your employees may have ties with a terrorist network. May we ask you a few questions about ****

FBI to Neighbor:
Mr. Mcfeely, have you noticed any suspicious behavior from your neighbor accross the hall? We think he may have terrorist ties.

FBI to landlord:
Mr Riley, we have reason to believe one of your tennants may be involved in terrorist activity. Have you noticed anything suspicious?

Do you not see how this could ruin an innocent man's life?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Okay,
Since the validity of your story is still in question, let's take a hypothetical situation instead. The entire scenerio is the same, except, "The Director" was a third year film student of Arabic descent. You present this situation to the FBI, and they arrest the young man as a terrorist. What would yo do?

And then there's the Hajji thing that makes my skin crawl. Let's say Hajji (like one of your other hunches) was just a person who only recently made his Hajj to Mecca. Your flimsy evidence just put him in a very awkward situation, and anyone else who uses the term Hajji as well.

The ends don't always justify the means is all I mean.

Why on earth would they arrest anyone based on my word??? They had to check out whether it was a valid hunch first. They would look in that direction and look for real evidence. If it was found that the hunch was no good they would drop it and move on. Also, if Hajji is so common of a name why was there only one listing in Bahrain when I did the email search? Furthermoe, it doesn't really mattter how I got there if my conclusions were right.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hajji is a title, or nickname most commonly. It is used by those who have made thier pilgimage. Parents tend to not name their kids Hajji. It would be like naming your kid Doctor or Captain.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

FBI to employer:
Mr. Nelson, we have reports that one of your employees may have ties with a terrorist network. May we ask you a few questions about ****

Ras
I don't think they would come out and ask in such a way. They would just ask questions without revealing the nature. If they did it would tip someone off right away. They would have to identify themselves and that in itself would be a flag for most people that something is wrong somewhere.

Pie

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
AGAIN ... what do you guys think .. have someone from here contact the FBI and ask them to confirm or deny the story. They MIGHT have something to say that could be of interest.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
AGAIN ... what do you guys think .. have someone from here contact the FBI and ask them to confirm or deny the story. They MIGHT have something to say that could be of interest.

I think that would be a valid option. Should someone with a title (ie, a mod/admin) do it, to keep things kosher in case we as a group need this contact in the future again?

Just curious, I've called Reuters before to verify something for the site. I would be willing to do it.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Reuters ... great. How about Little Green Footballs? How about the Drudge report place (don't know much about that one).

Someone with a title, get on the email system, throw around the weight of this site, and ask some questions of the FBI in regards to this story.

Who knows ... it could shake some info loose.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Ras
I don't think they would come out and ask in such a way. They would just ask questions without revealing the nature. If they did it would tip someone off right away. They would have to identify themselves and that in itself would be a flag for most people that something is wrong somewhere.

Pie

You're probably right, but I was more concerned with the FBI approach in the first place. If they didn't mention the terrorist thing, they would at least ask if he noticed any suspicious behavior, or something like that. No matter what the scenerio, the feds asking questions about you will make some people edgy.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok Nite, I sent a copy of the fist email reguarding UBL to Byrd. Due to flood control I will have to wait to send more. --Leslie

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Les - You say you spoke to many agents in many cities. Could you expand on this a little? Why not just go with one point of contact? Develop a relationship of trust etc... Why flood so many agents with your concerns when you know as well as the rest of us they have an important enough job to do without having to liaise through differing offices for essentially the same information and end up doing the same work twice (or more)

I suggest (respectfully) it's a symptom of the same 'trumpeting' that is going on in your various blogs and now here. Without a satisfactory outcome for you the same patterns of behaviour are being repeated over.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Leslie I won't knock what you are doing but you should be for **** sure before you make accusations against people, especially to the government.

I don't know why I did it or why I was right. To me this falls into the realm of the unexplained. I still think it may have been some form of inspiration. If I hadn't been right I would be feeling guilty right now about turning in innocent people. Maybe I was lucky or maybe I was inspired, but it doesn't change the fact that I was dead on. If I was correct in my conclusions why does it matter so much how I got there? By the way, you don't have to worry about me turning in any more tips. I gave that up months ago when they decided to cover up the truth of Osama's arrest. --Leslie

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

HEY .. why don't we ask one of the mods or 'higher ups' (Byrd, Simon, Etc...) to get in touch with the FBI and get an official statement in regards to this?

Why on Earth would they tell the mods anything if this is all top secret? They probably wouldn't confirm or deny anything. I agree that it may be worth a try though. If you mention Leslie Powers they won't know who you mean. I used my real name. Of course, Byrd knows my real name now. -Leslie

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
[quote
I can tell you from experience, that dealing with the FBI (this was before anyone knew about Domestic Wiretapping) can be a scary scary thing. Before you guess in the future you should think about it. They may not act on your guesses immediatly but they may go to that person at a later date. I was questioned about a phone call made from my computer shop 4 years prior to them finally getting to me about it. Not that I had a clue about the phone call but the questioning was terrifiying not knowing what the whole thing was all about when they call asking to speak with you.

Wow that is scary. I'm sorry you went through that. I'm the one that kept calling them and they never asked me such questions. I tend to think they wiretap first, ask questions later. If they tapped them and found out they were plotting attacks then I have no regrets. It may have helped save lives, especially if it helped avert the British Airway plot. You don't have to worry about me calling in any more tips. I'm not doing it any more. --Leslie

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
[quote
Do you not see how this could ruin an innocent man's life?

No, I definately see your point. It is a good one. If I hurt anyone who was innocent, I am sorry. However I do not regret turning in Osama and others even at the risk that I might have been wrong. The reason I don't regret it is that I happened to be right. Again, maybe I got lucky. It doesn't even matter why I was right or how I did it. What matters is that Osama was arrested and terrorists attacks were likely thwarted. It's not about the means, it's about the information.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Les - You say you spoke to many agents in many cities. Could you expand on this a little? Why not just go with one point of contact? Develop a relationship of trust etc... Why flood so many agents with your concerns when you know as well as the rest of us they have an important enough job to do without having to liaise through differing offices for essentially the same information and end up doing the same work twice (or more)

Yes, well at first I was giving tips to FBI agents in my local area. After a while the FBI in my area told me to call New York directly since my tips were being redirected to New York anyhow. A third office I spoke to was one in a closer, smaller city where I went in in person and tried unsucessfully to collect the reward money. The reason I kept calling was because I was developing new hunches and they were welcoming my tips and thanking me for them. I could only conclude by their behavior that I was onto something.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yes, but Hajj is also a known alias of Bin Laden's I didn't know anything about pilgrimages to Mecca when I drew my conclusion. It's a good thing I was ignorant of this fact or I may have never found him.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join