It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden arrested by FBI in Brooklyn?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Chis,
You're right, there have been a lot of comments about the mental stability of Leslie, and they may be unfounded. However, my concern is that the individual is telling the truth as far as she knows. And, because it's so unlikely that Osama, or other terrorists are on Myspace, she is likely reporting perfectly innocent people to the FBI for no other reason than their profile name is "The Director" or has "Hajji" in their name.

This leads me to believe that she is likely a danger to society. It's just shy of screeming "Jew" on the streets of Nazi Germany.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Leslie, would you be willing to forward your emails to a moderator of this site, in order to look through them and verify? This would be a member trusted in part with the upkeep of this site, so therefore, someone who could be trusted a bit more than say your average member.

Byrd was instrumental in looking at the emails of the "boeing laptop bought at the airport" hoax, and showing that it was indeed a joke. Maybe she would be willing to look through your emails and let the rest of us know.

Kind of like a second opinion, ya know?

Basically Leslie, if we are going to believe this, then we are going to need some verification from somewhere. Secondly, have you ever entertained the notion that if you indeed spoke to an FBI agent, that maybe he/she was pulling your chain, and just acting like this was a big deal, though he knew it wasn't?

Thanks

*Edit to add: I sent a u2u to Byrd, and she would be willing to look over the emails, but you have to include the headers.

The ball is now in your court.

[edit on 1/2/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The thing is people on ATS are very experienced at debunking 'claims' made by other people such as the one Leslie is making.

Rather than direct ire at us because we don't believe you and your claims you should take it as a 'reality check'. I mean we're the people more likely to believe than others seeing as this IS a conspiracy site. However, your story doesn't add up, is devoid of proof that can be checked out (which is all too convenient in these cases).

In fact a reality check is just what you need with all this. If you are not satisfied with the result of your postings here then it really would be important for you to present your findings to a neutral third party, who will tell you what they think. Perhaps a lawyer, or a free drop in advice centre or other fairly upstanding member of your community.

The fact of the matter is that Intel agencies just don't operate the way you have suggested they do. Plus you would never be allowed to go 'trumpeting' yourself like this if indeed you had achieved what you claim.

I don't think anyone wishes you any bad feeling in all this, just that it is very important to get an objective viewpoint. We've given ours but you're well advised to get a second opinion.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
that woman needs a prescription of zoloft and xanax

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
One last time folks, let's keep this from being personal.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I agree that we should keep it impersonal, but does that mean we also avoid chastizing her for accusing innocent members of society of being terrorists, and giving their names to the feds?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I agree that we should keep it impersonal, but does that mean we also avoid chastizing her for accusing innocent members of society of being terrorists, and giving their names to the feds?

But as it stands right now, it is your opinion that these members of society are innocent. Ras, don't get me wrong, I agree with much that has been said. Not the insults, but as for this event, I'm not sure how valid it actually is. But we should not chastise a member on something we can not prove any more than they can. This member is not currently able to prove or substantiate what she claims. But, we can not disprove it.

So we do not have to agree with the message, or accept it, but we should refrain from ridiculing. I don't consider ATS to be the place for negative opinions on other members anyway. If I think poorly of someone, I would just keep it to myself. Our dirty laundry should be just that, our dirty laundry.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I've just sat here and read the entire thread, and I am a little frustrated.

We all jump to the conclusion that this is another hoax and berate this member with everything we can throw. As Majic likes to say, "Every Member Deserves Respect!". Honestly, I am tired of seeing members coming in and attacking the member and not the content. Say something productive and debunk the message that is being discussed. Attacking the member itself is something we are seeing way too much here.

What if this member actually believes what they are saying? What if this is not a hoax, and they are honestly making a serious effort here? Would we truly want to insult any American who is trying to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice? Honestly though, this is a noble cause.

I'm not saying I believe what they are saying. I find it hard to believe that myspace was the tool to bring down Bin Laden. However, I do respect the effort this member is putting forward. He/She have been called every name in the book, laughed at, ridiculed, etc., yet still continues to post and defend the cause. All the while carrying herself with decorum.

You don't have to agree with the message here, but you have no right to dish out what this member has been taking.

I don't believe this to be true, but I respect the fact that this member may actually believe what she is saying. If her efforts and belief are genuine, you should be ashamed for the way you have treated her.

In the case that this member is knowingly posting false information, we should debunk the content and show her the door. It is against the T&C to do so, and the staff would take care of it. However, ridiculing the member herself, is wrong.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it’s because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

Let's focus on the ball.

Thanks
) It has been really hard on me following up on this thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Leslie, would you be willing to forward your emails to a moderator of this site, in order to look through them and verify? This would be a member trusted in part with the upkeep of this site, so therefore, someone who could be trusted a bit more than say your average member.

Byrd was instrumental in looking at the emails of the "boeing laptop bought at the airport" hoax, and showing that it was indeed a joke. Maybe she would be willing to look through your emails and let the rest of us know.

Kind of like a second opinion, ya know?

Basically Leslie, if we are going to believe this, then we are going to need some verification from somewhere. Secondly, have you ever entertained the notion that if you indeed spoke to an FBI agent, that maybe he/she was pulling your chain, and just acting like this was a big deal, though he knew it wasn't?

Thanks

*Edit to add: I sent a u2u to Byrd, and she would be willing to look over the emails, but you have to include the headers.

The ball is now in your court.

[edit on 1/2/07 by niteboy82]

I did forward the emails to Akareyon. Don't you have to be a moderator to start a thread. I guess I could forward them to Byrd as well if you think she is trustworthy. How do I get a hold of her? As far as considering that the FBI was pulling my chain, I have considered this. However, I spoke to too many different agents in different cities to come to this conclusion. The only time they sounded enven vaguely like they were joking was when they asked me for the lotto picks. However, I believe this was because they were happy and celebrating New York style! You should read the blog I recently posted titled "What the FBI Joking?" I have actually posted several blogs addressing issues that you all have mentioned on this board. One is titled "The Unexplained" and the other is titled "Why I Don't Think I'm Crazy". You should check them out. --Leslie

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Chis, my being able to disprove the claims is not at issue here. Since she made the claim that she found some evidence of something, and went to te FBI with it, that action wrong in my book. Even in a hypothetical situation, I believe that accusing individuals based on flimsy evidence would be the improper thing to do. Not only would it be a waste of time, money, and effort on the FBIs part, it's also a symptom of a self destructive society in which neighbor turns on neighbor for no reason whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Chis,
You're right, there have been a lot of comments about the mental stability of Leslie, and they may be unfounded. However, my concern is that the individual is telling the truth as far as she knows. And, because it's so unlikely that Osama, or other terrorists are on Myspace, she is likely reporting perfectly innocent people to the FBI for no other reason than their profile name is "The Director" or has "Hajji" in their name.

This leads me to believe that she is likely a danger to society. It's just shy of screeming "Jew" on the streets of Nazi Germany.

Well I am either a "danger to society" or I helped stop Osama Bin Laden who was definately a bigger "danger" than me. I realize that some of my hunches may seem kind of wild and without hard-core evidence, however, for some odd reason they were correct. You should read my blog titled "The Unexplained". It make attempts at several theories as to why I was able to do what I did. Honestly, I do not know why it all worked. The other thing is that if these people I am supposedly harming are not terrorists then the FBI would figure that out very quickly and drop it. I'm certain that they have ways of rapidly varifying whether or not a tip is correct. Besides, I never told the FBI that I was 100% possitve on any of them. I think they took me seriously because I also had a good "hunch" on an unrelated case.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Okay,
Since the validity of your story is still in question, let's take a hypothetical situation instead. The entire scenerio is the same, except, "The Director" was a third year film student of Arabic descent. You present this situation to the FBI, and they arrest the young man as a terrorist. What would yo do?

And then there's the Hajji thing that makes my skin crawl. Let's say Hajji (like one of your other hunches) was just a person who only recently made his Hajj to Mecca. Your flimsy evidence just put him in a very awkward situation, and anyone else who uses the term Hajji as well.

The ends don't always justify the means is all I mean.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hey Leslie, I sent you a u2u explaining about how to go about sending the emails to Byrd. If you have any other questions, or can't get to where you view the headers, let me know and I will u2u the instructions for your email specifics to you.

Thanks in advance and for your reply.

On the subject of whether you can trust Byrd, that is up to you, but I have found absolutely no reason to distrust her, and I am sure that anyone that was not trustworthy, would also not be a SuperMod.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Let's look at it like this.

Would it be better to try, and be wrong? Or be right, and not even try?

The end in this situation is Bin Laden being brought to justice. It is quite apparent that the end would justify any means, when discussing this individual.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I obviously don't agree. Especially when it's such a slim chance of being right. If, there was more to go on maybe, but the evidence presented isn't enough for me to send the FBI after someone.

Leslie also said she brought dow many of his followers. based on Hajji or other vague references. She might as well said there is a "suspicious" looking Arab that lives down the hall. He's wearing a turban, so I think he's a member of Al Quaida.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow, this is amazing.

Is there a follow up to this story?

Is this the end of the story?

What does the wise Byrd have to say?

I look forward to the response. I'm reserving my opinion since i do not want to be mistaken for Al Qaeda.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Let's look at it like this.

Would it be better to try, and be wrong? Or be right, and not even try?

The end in this situation is Bin Laden being brought to justice. It is quite apparent that the end would justify any means, when discussing this individual.

I don't know if you have ever had the FBI come knocking at your door or not and I can tell you its not such a hot feeling, especially if you are an arab or of arab descent post 911 times. To say the word "try" to a person who may possibly just merely fishing with no proof is just encouraging her to do something at the inconvenience of someone we don't even know.

Just imagine for a second you are an arab immigrant living here possibly with your family , or possibly supporting a family abroad and someone thinks that you are ossama bin laden or any terrorist and decides to call FBI , and the FBI calls your workplace, asks people questions about you, shows up at your workplace asking questions and never explains why they are asking. I wouldn't encourage this person unless they were absolutely sure. Many honest, decent people of arab descent are already suffering as a result of all this as it is.

Leslie I won't knock what you are doing but you should be for **** sure before you make accusations against people, especially to the government. Unless you came across some sort of encrypted picture on a website which contained messages of some sort or written text of some kind, which that Myspace has neither, you may be possibly bringing much grief into the life of someone who may be totally inncoent. Just think before you act. I have done the same as you an made a report to the FBI but that was only after seeing pictures that I knew to be possibly terror or violence related that children in my internet cafe were viewing on myspace which were taken here in brooklyn in a local business and in areas populated by the general public.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
The thing is people on ATS are very experienced at debunking 'claims' made by other people such as the one Leslie is making.

Rather than direct ire at us because we don't believe you and your claims you should take it as a 'reality check'. I mean we're the people more likely to believe than others seeing as this IS a conspiracy site. However, your story doesn't add up, is devoid of proof that can be checked out (which is all too convenient in these cases)

I actually have used it as a reality check. I have carefully considered the possibility that I am crazy or that the FBI was joking. However, based on what I know about mental illness and the dealings I have had with FBI I have come to the conclusion that these theories are not valid. Read my recent blogs titled "Was the FBI Joking?" and "Why I Don't Think I'm Crazy".

In fact a reality check is just what you need with all this. If you are not satisfied with the result of your postings here then it really would be important for you to present your findings to a neutral third party, who will tell you what they think. Perhaps a lawyer, or a free drop in advice centre or other fairly upstanding member of your community.

You do not think you are an upstanding member of the community? I have taken your posts very seriously and have responded to each one with what I have thought about it. I also have forwarded my emails to Akryeon and will probably forward to Byrd as well.

The fact of the matter is that Intel agencies just don't operate the way you have suggested they do. Plus you would never be allowed to go 'trumpeting' yourself like this if indeed you had achieved what you claim.

How do you know? Have you ever personally dealt with the FBI? Have you ever once called in a tip or a series of tips? As far as why they haven't tried to stop my 'trumpeting" I can't really answer that. Maybe they just haven't noticed yet or maybe they are assuming that not enough people will ever believe me. I actually don't think the FBI even cares what I do. I think it is the White House that might be concerned and they've got bigger things to worry about than me.

I don't think anyone wishes you any bad feeling in all this, just that it is very important to get an objective viewpoint. We've given ours but you're well advised to get a second opinion.

I still have hope that you guys might eventually consider that I am telling the truth. This is why I am continuing to post. I understand why you are all sceptical and have questions. I think you are intelligent, thinking people and are putting me to the test. It maybe be difficult and at times annoying, but I think this conversation is worth the effort.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoXiSo
that woman needs a prescription of zoloft and xanax

Hmmm..Those treat depression and anxiety. How would they help if I am delusional? Well maybe I would be less depressed about the fact that most of you won't believe my story!
P

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
One last time folks, let's keep this from being personal.

This is unrelated to topic, but I LOVE your Wolverine! I'm big fan of X-Men. Storm is my favorite. --Leslie

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join