It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden arrested by FBI in Brooklyn?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Akareyon

I agree, there was some insults her/his way, but let us all agree that 9/11 is a tragedy beyond imagination, and people will always be sensitive. It is to be expected when someone makes very far out claims.

Now having said this, we all entertain far out claims. The difference I think is, with her/his claim we are also expected to believe so many people are acting out of character.

#1. Bin Laden in her/his story is a Bin Laden who *wants* to be found.
#2. SHE/HE talks about all the fake video's on Bin Laden.

(the question then becomes....Well Leslie Powers How do you know Bin Laden was behind 9/11?)

If she doesn't believe the gov on anything about Bin Laden, why did she believe he was involved in the first place!?

It is these types of things that are highly suspect. I really do think that the supposed address near a Police Station actually seals the deal and this is a hoax, cause it would be almost impossible to believe that the whole Police Station would be secret about this.

Something like that would not happen that quietly, and surely cops in the area would notice something and questions would be asked etc.

It is a hoax, but the question is why? (possibility of the FBI taking her for a ride still open)

[edit on 24-1-2007 by talisman]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
every one knows osama is in an antartic bunker man sheesh hes in brooklyn yeah rite antartica is the best place in the world to hide

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
I agree, there was some insults her/his way, but let us all agree that 9/11 is a tragedy beyond imagination,
We agree.

and people will always be sensitive. It is to be expected when someone makes very far out claims.

Now having said this, we all entertain far out claims. The difference I think is, with her/his claim we are also expected to believe so many people are acting out of character.

#1. Bin Laden in her/his story is a Bin Laden who *wants* to be found.
Not necessarily. IMHO, the reactions in this very thread prove that Brooklyn, USA is the place where people would expect him least. He could direct further attacks on american soil, while the planet's most powerful army lifts every stone in faraway Afghanistan to find him. The reactions also prove that MySpace is the very communication system that people would expect him least to use.

#2. SHE/HE talks about all the fake video's on Bin Laden.

(the question then becomes....Well Leslie Powers How do you know Bin Laden was behind 9/11?)

If she doesn't believe the gov on anything about Bin Laden, why did she believe he was involved in the first place!?

It is these types of things that are highly suspect. I really do think that the supposed address near a Police Station actually seals the deal and this is a hoax, cause it would be almost impossible to believe that the whole Police Station would be secret about this.
They wouldn't have to be secret about it if they knew nothing. I don't know how American Law Enforcement works, but I was assuming that the FBI isn't required to report what they're doing to local police departments.

Something like that would not happen that quietly, and surely cops in the area would notice something and questions would be asked etc.

It is a hoax, but the question is why?
That's exactly my question.

MG, I already feel guilty for starting this thread. I would NEVER spread misinformation knowingly; in fact, I love ATS for the mix of opinions and knowledge of its members. But let me try to explain my perspective. Me sitting at home a few weeks ago, sitting at my computer was a close friend adding MySpace-Friends for his music account stumbles over Leslies profile and thinks I could find it interesting. So we contact her. I try to bring the topic to NWO, but she seems totally ignorant of some of the "higher" conspiracies and theories I've heard of ever since reading Jan van Helsing's "Geheimgesellschaften" and registering on ATS.

She knows I don't believe her yet, I've seen too many Photoshop UFOs already. Nevertheless, around christmas/new year, she forwarded the E-Mails to the FBI to my Yahoo! account and gave me her complete contact information. That's what I know. I also believe she called the FBI, I will only know for sure as soon as I get the list of calls. Even then I won't be able to tell for sure what she and the agents were talking about. But if the dates and times match those from the emails, I may conclude that it had to do with terrorists in the U.S. of A.

Then again, something must be wrong with the info I got from someone I know (I'm not allowed to name names) who said his FBI contact would do some research on all FBI action in Brooklyn in said timeframe - and came back saying nobody at the FBI has ever heard about her. Something doesn't fit here.

As a natural born sceptic, I could also conclude that Leslie told the truth on stuff she can prove and lied/phantasized on the whole rest. That would be a very elaborate hoax.

In any case, I don't think it's that important anyways. We know our governments are lying and deceiving all the time, and as the iceberg grows, the size of the tip relative to the amount of what's below the surface always remains the same. The tip is huge enough already without Osama and the FBI, and even if Leslies story could be proven true, I can't see anyone change direction of Terra Titanic.

Too bad, I admit I would have liked to make the difference...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Airtrax,

Thank you so much for investigating this. I think the fact that there were no answers at the doors is very telling an eerie. I suspected all along that the entire complex might be a hideout for AQ operatives. It is possible that they took them all down at once. I also suspect that AQ may own the complex. I am not discouraged by what the police officer said. I feel that that particular officer might not have been on shift when it happened. I find the lack of web cams to be eerie too. Perhaps this is no accident. I have also voted for you for the Above Top Secret Award. You definately did not waste your tiem. Again, Thanks.
)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by airtrax007
I find it very strange that LESLIE had not responded for at least a week.

We gave her the ample time needed to back up her claims, i believe now we proved her or him to be a hoaxer in a big way.

I think the MODS should step in and take her points away or ban her from ever posting again---not because of the obvious hoax(there is still a very small chance of her claims to be true),but because of her lack of responding.

airtrax007(thread killer)

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I was kind of tired of some of the insults and games and was avoiding the board for a few days. As I have said, I think your research helps verify my suspicion that everyone in the building was involved. I think AQ owns a lot of the buildings where I turned in people. Many of the names of people in the building were, in fact, Middle Eastern.

[edit on 1/24/2007 by Leslie Powers]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leslie Powers
I think AQ owns a lot of the buildings where I turned in people. Many of the names of people in the building were, in fact, Middle Eastern.
[edit on 1/24/2007 by Leslie Powers]

[sarcasm]

Well we can definately close the Department of Homeland Security, also the Anti-Terror Branch of the FBI. Leslie Powers is on the job.

[/sarcasm]

Just how many buildings full of Al Quaida operatives did you turn in? And does having a Middle Eastern name make someone an Al Quaida terrorist?

From what ur saying, Brooklyn is now full of empty buildings.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Okay, what I just got in my inbox is a Monthly Service Summary from a well-known phone company, clearly belonging to a phone number that Leslie gave me around 1/1 and 1/2/07. And what you get is an excerpt from that summary.

Date: 8/12/06
Call Destination: Houston, TX
Time: 6:10 AM
Number Called: 731-693-5000
Call Type:
Minutes: 8
Airtime Charges: $ -
Toll Charges: $ -
Total: $ -

You will also get an excerpt from one of the emails I received a couple of weeks ago:

>From: "€€€€€€€"
>To:
>Subject: attn: duty agent
>Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 06:28:07 -0500
>
>Report by €€€€€€
>€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
>€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
>
>I believe this individual may be Osama Bin Laden. [...]

...the body of the short email contains the adress of OBL, his alias and his phone number. All €s by me for Leslie's privacy, and the stuff above the _____ is part of the header when I view the email on mail.yahoo.com :-)

I swear I'm not part of the Leslie Conspiracy. So if it's a hoax, she's fooling me no less than you.

Of course, I don't expect you to believe more than her. But that's not important, is it?

Unless the summary and the emails are faked, and unless the FBI was joking on the "Green Lady", I surely have every reason in the world to believe this woman.

In any case, we can completely rule out the "Leslie is totally nuts and constructing a deliberate hoax" scenario.

I heard that in some western judical systems, a case can be re-opened when new evidence can be presented. So I ask the High Court of ATS:

- am I totally nuts as well? Am I still missing something?
- why is the FBI lying, saying that they never heard of her?
- what can we do to find out what REALLY, REALLY REALLY happened?

I suggest one of the moderators should take Leslie seriously for a minute or two, engage in a web cam correspondence via MSN messenger or whatever (to see the summary on paper) and check if Skunk Works is really the place for this thread to be. Because if not, airtrax' (non-)experience at Brooklyn could have a deeper meaning and prove a conspiracy deeper than the alleged "hoaxer" even dreamt of.

I know, I could still be wrong. A list of phone calls isn't proof of anything really, is it? :-)

EDIT for clarity and because I accidently crashed the post.php script with a copy&paste of an email header :-)

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Akareyon]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Just how many buildings full of Al Quaida operatives did you turn in? And does having a Middle Eastern name make someone an Al Quaida terrorist?

All of the other buildings were single family dwellings as far as I know and not apartment buildings. So if the 24 apartment dwelling was full of AQ then I turned in one.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
But Leslie you only just said a few posts back that you thought the whole building was AQ owned? Are you going back on it now and saying the other occupants are innocent?

Plus Just because Leslie DID contact the FBI that hardly makes her story solid does it? I don't doubt that Leslie called the Feds at all, that's why she even admitted to calling them late at night and calling 'just to annoy them' after they had told her not to.

And why on earth call the Texas FBI? That's a bit far out isn't it?

FRom what I can gather of the story so far Leslie called at least 3 different FBI offices over this. Why?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
But Leslie you only just said a few posts back that you thought the whole building was AQ owned? Are you going back on it now and saying the other occupants are innocent?

I'm saying I think AQ owns "safe" houses in Brooklyn and other parts of New York. Only one of these that I know about was an apartment building.

she even admitted to calling them late at night and calling 'just to annoy them' after they had told her not to.

Late at night doesn't matter. They operate 24 hours. I never called after the one office told me not to call so much. The office I called repeatedly on one occasion was a totally different office. There was a purpose to "annoying them". I needed to know if I was going to sign a non-disclosure agreement and they weren't returning my calls. I needed an answer so I would know whether or not to go to the press.

FRom what I can gather of the story so far Leslie called at least 3 different FBI offices over this. Why?

The first two were offices in my area. It is normal protocol to contact the offices in your area first. First I called a small town office. They directed me to a larger city in my area which had more resources. Later, the larger city told me to call New York directly. This is why I contacted 3 different offices.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimnal
every one knows osama is in an antartic bunker man sheesh hes in brooklyn yeah rite antartica is the best place in the world to hide

Yeah, but they never wanted to bomb Antartica

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leslie Powers
The first two were offices in my area. It is normal protocol to contact the offices in your area first. First I called a small town office. They directed me to a larger city in my area which had more resources. Later, the larger city told me to call New York directly. This is why I contacted 3 different offices.

So u live in texas then?

You said you only located one suspected AQ building and the rest were single family dwellings. How many single family dwellings did you locate that you suspect to be AQ. and what was the result of you tip off to the FBI regarding these dwellings.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Akareyon

I think your email more then anything shows this to be an outright hoax. Here is why...

Why on Earth is "LESLIE" contacting this site:

houston.fbi.gov...

With their 'generic' phone number, when you go to the site this is what you see.

FBI Houston Division Phone Numbers
Houston Office (713) 693-5000
Beaumont Resident Agency (409) 832-8571
Bryan Resident Agency (979) 776-8894
Conroe Resident Agency (281) 292-3329
Corpus Christi Resident Agency (361) 883-8671
Texas City Resident Agency (409) 935-7327
Victoria Resident Agency (361) 582-0604

So she calls the Houston Division>>?? Anyway can browse the Net, go to a site like that and make a call.

In fact, there is nothing special in that number, it is a generic number, had you had a more specific number then it would be of greater impact.

We are talking about Brooklyn, Not Houston Texas!

The Question then is why wasn't this email contacted?
[email protected]

Found here:

newyork.fbi.gov...

The above is the New York FBI site.

FBI New York is responsible for conducting criminal and counterintelligence investigations within the five boroughs of New York City and the counties of Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, Sullivan, and Westchester.

Brooklyn is a borough and the above site is responsible for investigations NOT HOUSTON.

This is a hoax, case closed.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by talisman]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

You said you only located one suspected AQ building and the rest were single family dwellings. How many single family dwellings did you locate that you suspect to be AQ. and what was the result of you tip off to the FBI regarding these dwellings.

Around 6 residents. The first one I found was owned by the "INTERDENOMINATIONALBROTHERHOOD INC" which I thought seemed suspicious. The only result I know about for sure was that Osama was captured. However, a few days after I turned in my first tip the Brittish Airways plot was thwarted. I think that this might have been more than just a coincidence. Also, they seemed rather anxious to receive new tips and one agent even said she had "been briefed" about my tips.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

The Question then is why wasn't this email contacted?
[email protected]

I did contact the that email later after I was referred to it by another office. I followed protocol. If you call FBI in another state other than yours they will tell you to call an office in your area. Houston is the largest FBI office in Texas. I fist called the FBI in a smaller town. They referred me to Houston.

[edit on 1/25/2007 by Leslie Powers]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Leslie - You have turned in 6 people? Am I understanding this right?

You say you went to the media with all this but that nobody took you seriously. Now I am pretty familiar with how the media work and I am sure at least one person would 'have checked your story out' with contacts within the FBI. The reason nobody in the media picked it up is because your story didn't check out.

You can say an agent told you they had been briefed about your tips. But once again this can be read two ways - that they had already been warned you calling in phoney tips and making crank calls. It's highly likely that they 'listened' to you for a time in order to fill out your profile and then once filed, they didn't want to hear anymore.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Kick,it was an agent in the same office as the one who had "been briefed" who called me a "gifted researcher" and "a true patriot". This would lead me to believe that they were taking me seriously. Also, one of the call logs showed that I spoke to an agent for 20 minutes. If I was a hoaxer and a trouble-maker wouldnt' they want to get me off the phone as quickly as possible? Your theory just doesn't add up.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Leslie, my theory adds up just fine. They keep you chatting in order to fill out the form and gather info on 'a person of interest' - That's really a very standard thing to do. They will say anything to you as the object of the interview is not to give away their position but to find out more about yours.

And can you please answer my other question... You say you have turned in 6 people in total is this correct?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Leslie,

You are telling us that you found out all of this by being a good researcher?

Yet what I did took all but a few minutes, I went to the FBI site that was in New York.

You got that number from the Internet, it is the first number listed on the web site I saw from Houston.

I think it is obvious that your story now is not serious at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I just found this. It appears to show the property is in fact up for sale.

www.continentrealty.com...

I wonder how long it has in fact been empty and on the market, making enquiries...

Now if it was empty when you 'turned in Osama' Leslie, would you say that your story becomes redundant?

Airtrax can you confirm from that link that is indeed the property in question. I'm working from inference only. Actually I think I may have the wrong house. Airtrax to confirm

[edit on 25-1-2007 by kickoutthejams]

[edit on 25-1-2007 by kickoutthejams]

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join