It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tricks of the trade.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We all talk about cover ups and what not but can anyone explain different tactics for disinforming a lrge group of people, instead of just out right saying that somthing didn't happen because we all know this rarely works.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by The_Smokeing_Gun]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Look into 'Reality Hacking'.

For instance the good food in the store is always along the outer walls. The junk food is in the middle of the store. Shop the outer walls for the good, actual nourishing food.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
ok but i mean like ways to throw people off from the truth, like the weather baloon from Roswell.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Look into 'Reality Hacking'.

For instance the good food in the store is always along the outer walls. The junk food is in the middle of the store. Shop the outer walls for the good, actual nourishing food.

Not bad olde man ..not bad thinking...well done.

I have myself noticed that when you go into certain stores ..department stores..by the main entrance there are usually two areas dominant in many stores to keep the public on the treadmill.

The Cosmetics aisles...

The jewelry counter....

This is all purely coincidence of course..just accidental. Because it rarely works on people ...yes???

Do people actually think like this or do most just react to a stimulus which is not theirs???

YOu dont think television or news media follows a pattern of operation somewhat like this ...keeping you on placebos..sugar pills and such to keep you from doing much thinking outside of authorized arenas do you ??? How about politicians ..how about public educators??
Dont politics and politicians finance public education...HMMM???
Could there be a common thread..here a pattern..some connected dots in the sugar pill theory?? To keep you from reallly thinking about the nature of what is right in front of you??

Thanks for the tip about the food in the grocery stores..I will pay closer attention now.

Thanks again,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Smokeing_Gun
ok but i mean like ways to throw people off from the truth, like the weather baloon from Roswell.

That's part of official denial not disinformation. IMO the classic disinformation has been put out by Corso and Brown.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Roswell could be argued because they just didn't say no it wasn't a UFO they another option I.E. the weather baloon for wreckage and the ejection seat dummies for bodies.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Smokeing_Gun
Roswell could be argued because they just didn't say no it wasn't a UFO they another option I.E. the weather baloon for wreckage and the ejection seat dummies for bodies.

The clear implication of the phony prosaic explanations was that no ET craft came down.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Has anyone actually thought of why things are "covered up"... of course you have, this is abovetopsecret we do this kind of thinking all the time. However, most of the time when the government is doing this type of thing dont you think it is for our own good. Key word in the sentence being MOST, I completley understand that corruption lies everywhere. Sometimes maybe there is personal profit or power to be gained, thus absolute power corrupts absolultey...Even the mall store clerk lying about stealing money out the register, to people with prominent positions within our government and military. They both have power over something no one esle can see and temptation is always there.

Anything that would be "disinformed or deflected" is usually classified information no? In otherwords its information that has been labeled sensitive to security and not made known to the public.
Now from here I guess is where the argument lies...is it for what they say?

That being national security, or is it something else, something the public is so in dark about that the release of the information would cause an uproar? For example, (im not saying i believe in this) the leak that the government/military has been involved with UFO/ET for years... IS that a security issue? Is that information they are not giving us for their own profit?

Honestly most of the time when an event happens and the media is given word on what to say or information is released dont you think most of the time deflection is for our own protection?

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Scyman]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman

Honestly most of the time when an event happens and the media is given word on what to say or information is released dont you think most of the time deflection is for our own protection?

For some events, Scyman, I think we do need protection but who decides for how long. Those who decide we need protection?? And how do we know if just pure self interest and protection is the reason for the cover up.

And what events do you think we show know more about?

For me - Why have we not been to the moon for the last 25 years after spending billions to get there. Yes I believe we got there!!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Freedom ERP: I know exactly how you feel, these were all questions I had at one time too. Whoever is highest ranking would decied how long the information would stay classified for. As far as how do we know what the motives are for classifying and keeping information from the public...

Everyone only sees a little piece of the picture, so you are cleared on your need to know. I dont know exactly what motives one would have during any given situation, due to the fact that information comes in so many different ways. Things that are classified are from troop movements, to troop planning, to sensitive stories, events, etc. So i guess it just depends, however I know if I was in charge of a mission and i f-up and was responsible..wouldnt be easy to shred and say it never happened?

I dont think anyone has all the answers, however I think at its basic level it is for good. As far as a mass conspiracy across the board, who knows I only have such a small piece of the puzzle my job is to know that piece well and thats it. Are there those who see the whole thing or even just a big piece??? I have no idea...im sure there has gotta be someone, or some group.

As far as what events should we know more about... I dont think i can really answer that the way you want me to. I deffenitley have questions about current events that are kept secret as well.

I have more questions about history, and have always been under the impression maybe someone knows more then they let on, for one reason or another.

As far as the moon also something ive pondered, the only thing ive come up with is its not practicle. Not really worth the money....

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Scyman]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i hate that thinking. the only reason people hold secrets is to benifit themselves its time people stoped being greedy its time for truth its time for a revolution. if everyone had the same information their would be no reson to fear anyone.

the reason people keep secrets is to hold the uper hand. one day that way of thinking will be gone and i for one can not wait.

sorry for the spelling crap like this always gets me mad

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Well, first of all calm down, no need to get hyped up... friendly conversation here...

In a perfect world I think you would be right. What you are saying is basically true, however we are not in that situation.

The problem is if we were to let down on defense and be open with what we have technologically, and give out our sensitive information imagine the consequences . There are nations out there that hate us, undoubtly, and obviously. They would without a doubt gain the ability to harm us and our way of life. If everyone could all get along and then there would be no need for secrets in the first place.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Call the skeptics names like "conspiracy theorist," "nut," "ranter," "kook," "crackpot," and of course, "rumor monger." Be sure, too, to use heavily loaded verbs and adjectives when characterizing their charges and defending the "more reasonable" government and its defenders. You must then carefully avoid fair and open debate with any of the people you have thus maligned. For insurance, set up your own "skeptics" to shoot down.

17 Techniques For Truth Suppression - David Martin

A most thought provoking list.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
thedangler, I can understand your feelings and to some degree I have to agree with you. A great deal of keeping the truth is self protection. Looking at attempts to hide the facts about Watergate and the Clinton land deals.

However, Scyman is also right that some things do need to be kept from us. The Manhattan program during the second world war. Imagine if this program was common knowledge.

We elect Government to protect us so we must expect them to make decisions. With this expectation, we must expect Government to get it wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
THE TRUTH ABOUT UFOS AND ALIENS says the coverup originally stemmed from ET demands. If that's true, CAUS is a lost cause.

top topics

join