It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's witnesses and freemasons?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I was looking at a website claiming to show hidden satanic images in Jehovah's Witness publications and saw a link so I clicked and started reading. It said that jw's were originally funded by the freemasons.Anyone with any hard facts?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Another unsubstantiated claim about the Masons I see.
A link between Jehovah's Witnesses and Masons?
I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nemo1111
I was looking at a website claiming to show hidden satanic images in Jehovah's Witness publications and saw a link so I clicked and started reading. It said that jw's were originally funded by the freemasons.Anyone with any hard facts?

Do you happen to have the hyperlink by any chance so we can take a look at this for ourselves?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Charles Taze Russell , founder of the Jehovah's Witness movement held meeting is a Masonic Hall in Pittsburgh. He also used masonic symbols in his made up religion as did Joseph Smith in his made up religion.

If that makes the Jehovah's Witness movement evil because they used Masonic symbolism then it also makes the Klu Klux Klan good because they use Christian symbolism.

Logic is a double edged sword...it cuts both ways.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think most of the leaders in Christendom (not the Catholics) were of a Masonic Order in that era. I'm talking about the 1800's. Remember the US was built on Masonry in the beginning (no pun intended) because the founding fathers believed in it.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I agree with Ocelot, please post the link so we can take a look.

I am a "disfellowed" Jehovah's Witness (they kicked me out) and I can tell you that there is nothing Satanic about present day JW.

They basically kicked me out for questioning the authenticity of Christian Bible scriptures.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow

I am a "disfellowed" Jehovah's Witness (they kicked me out) and I can tell you that there is nothing Satanic about present day JW.

There is nothing satanic about Freemasonry either.
The speculation is BS.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I am sure you are right SpeakerofTruth and I wouldn't mean to imply that there is anything Satanic about Masonry.

It's just that I can't speak from direct experience about Masonry but I can speak from direct experience about JW, so that is the area at which I directed my earlier post.

edit for clarity

[edit on 12/29/06 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

The speculation is BS.

Is there anything that you know about SpeakerofCrock? You seem lost.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

The speculation is BS.

Is there anything that you know about SpeakerofCrock? You seem lost.

He seems right on target to me. There is nothing satanic in Freemasonry.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

RWPBR, do not mind "Sun Matrix," he likes to hassle people. I have him on ignore. The only reason I know what he said is because you quoted him. "Sun Matrix" really brings nothing to a conversation. Thanks for defending me though, RWPBR.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

RWPBR, do not mind "Sun Matrix," he likes to hassle people. I have him on ignore. The only reason I know what he said is because you quoted him. "Sun Matrix" really brings nothing to a conversation. Thanks for defending me though, RWPBR.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

Well, if he continues in this manner, I'll Deck the Halls with Warns of Red Flags.

Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thank you,Intrepid...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The Jehovah's Witnesses are just trying to do what they think is right. I think all denominations have something in common. They should focus on what they have in common not their differences.

Really, I don't think the masons go around founding religions.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Arius,you are correct. To me, one of the saddest things is that there is so much criticism of different belief systems. You look at different belief system, JWs, mormons, masons, whatever, they are just trying to practice in the manner that they think is correct.It's too bad that we live in a society where everyone has to bother someone

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Wait a sec people! I never implied that freemasonry was evil I just wondered if anyone had hard facts about a connection between the two organizations.And as for a hyperlink im new here so give me a minute and ill try to sort that out.PS thanks for replyin

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Once again thank you for all your replies and just for the record I was brought up as a JW for 15years.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
here is the re posted site address v.i.v.free.fr/Wt/Wt.fm.html sorry about the mistake address my _javascript messes up at times.A bad workman always blames his tools,lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nemo1111
here is the re posted site address v.i.v.free.fr/Wt/Wt.fm.html sorry about the mistake address my _javascript messes up at times.A bad workman always blames his tools,lol.

This is one of numerous anti-mason sites.

Antimasonry cropped up within a few years of the founding of the Masons -- people were suspicious of secret societies and felt there must be something bad about them. Because it was a "good old boy" network, where members helped each other and had business connections with each other (just like graduates of West Point or graduates of Texas A&M or graduates of Yale or graduates of any prestiegous college or members of any country club), the outsiders began to spread rumors that anything done by these people was evil.

Because they wanted to see evil (instead of an exclusivist club, much like a country club), they looked for any symbol (or imagined symbol) that would link the Masons with a group that was generally disliked. So, they've been accused of being Satanists (even the Satanists will tell you this is just bunk), of being Nazis, of being anarchists, and just about everything under the sun.

So, the information on the site doesn't come from a reliable source. Russell did have some connections, but the religion doesn't.

Freemasonry isn't a religion, no matter how often these anti-mason sites state that it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That URL doesn't work for me.

But I think I've seen some of these pictures on another Anti-JW page a few years ago. I've been looking for logical reasons and arguments to turn my back on "Jehovah's Holy Organisation" at that time (just for my conscience), but these allegations concerning "satanic" images seemed very far-fetched even then.

But last week, I've been pondering on the symbolism of the watchtower used by JWs. Assuming that graphic symbols like the V fingers, the swastika, the cross or the five-pointed star have "magical", subliminal power somehow - what's the meaning behind a watchtower with five pinnacles? Then it occured to me that they hardly ever use it, not even as a logo in their publications, except on the bi-monthly Watchtower itself - and on the walls of their office in Brooklyn... "thou shalt not make an image..."

PS: and let's not forget that they named their bible translation.... "NEW WORLD Translation of the Holy Scriptures" ;-)

[edit on 30-12-2006 by Akareyon]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join