It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA: Cloned Animals OK for consumption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Not that I eat animals...but, this seems way too risky. We all know about government health blunders in history, and this could very well be one. What is also wrong is that there are no labels being put on the cloned food.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why not?

As we get better and better tasting steers, why not clone them so everyone can eat prime beef and not have to settle for choice or even lesser graded cuts.

I'm all for it!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I am sorry,but I have already posted about this here... First it was GM,now this

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Why not?

I'm all for it!

the only reason for Why Not? might be that of a What If?!

for instance What If? the clone steer that these mega food processor corps. decide is the benchmark clone steer ,
has a recessive gene, or something, that is lethal to you as a person?

maybe its an allergic reaction one may get from that clones meat product
or perhaps theres something in that clone steers body chemistry that triggers cancerous growths in your brain? etc etc

a national/global market of food meat from a single source clone steer or cow is destined for some sorta calamity.
Natures way is to have a diverse gene pool....to avoid mass contagions, contaminations, deaths, etc. in populations

so why wouldn't the profit motivated meat factories have a 'stable' of 10,000 clone animals as the diverse clone meat universe??

Because, a profit Greedy corp. might keep down its costs by only cloning a very few sources, to supply this product (need for meat by some people)
thus opening the window for artificial extinctions by bio-warfare by our enemies, or those rare instances of fatal side effects on some consumers.

clone food might be ok, if it is carefully considered,
until then let the buyer beware

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Anybody here grow up on a farm?? It's pretty much been going on for years! You should worry more about the growth hormones that are making all the fat lazy kids.

mikell

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The big mega corporate power that runs our nation, will do as they please with us the people that are powerless against them.

Cloning animals, pushing drugs, GM foods they care less if they harm us or not as long as is a buck to make and profits to collect.

Right now just like anything else time will tell, by that time the pharma will have plenty of drugs to push for the nasty side effects.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm all for cloning and genetic manipulation. We are a horrible mess as a species. We live very short lives and are plagued by numerous diseases. Lets figure out how to evolve as a species and do it. Maybe we can figure out a way to genetically modify out our cruel and backward way of existing.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by arius
I'm all for cloning and genetic manipulation.

I have no problem with embryonic research, stem cell, cloning or genetic manipulation.

As long as is for the making our species better, help with gene therapy, find cure for diseases, yes FIND cure for diseases.

But that is no the purpose of our corporate capitalistic manipulated nation they want to created diseases and then hook the people on treatments.

Pushing cloned food and then when people start getting the nasty side effects the drug industry will be ready to find a treatment for life.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
And what may I ask are the nasty side effects of cloned food? Peer reviewed sources please?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
here is another thread on ATS about the same subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*Duplicate posting*

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
here is another thread on ATS about the same subject:

*Duplicate posting*

The one you listed Terapin is an ATSNN contribution. Two threads are allowed to exist on the same subject, one on ATSNN and one in the general forums.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by arius
And what may I ask are the nasty side effects of cloned food? Peer reviewed sources please?

We will ask our children and grandchildren in another 10 to 20 years after if becomes part of the food chain.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
there are three threads on this topic and a fourth one on ATSNN

I believe this was first:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A thread was started about this news item yesterday:

Please post your comments in the above thread.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

top topics

join