It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soda, more dangerous than smoking?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by somethingsomething
I quit drinking soda like a few years ago...I'm not sure if my teeth's health improved or not.

When I was younger. I used to drink a lot of soda and eat a lot of lemons.. My two front teeth had to be reenameled because of it... I have been told,I don't know, that it had more to do with the eating of the lemons than it did with the soda...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I don't know about Coke used for removing blood from the highway, but I had an uncle who was a police officer from the '40s to the '60s and I can tell you they used to use Coke to clean the grease and oil off the police garage floor.

When I worked as a mechanic I used Coke to clean my work clothes...pour a can into the wash and takes that grease and oil right out.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
When I was younger. I used to drink a lot of soda and eat a lot of lemons.. My two front teeth had to be reenameled because of it... I have been told,I don't know, that it had more to do with the eating of the lemons than it did with the soda...

Yeah it would have more to with the the lemon ... very acidic (as all citrus fruit is) and unless you brush your teeth every time you have one it's eating away at your enamel. Not real bad for the occasional one but if your munching on them it can lead to a few denistry issues.

I have a problem with the evil label that soda has been given the last few years. Some of the schools around here have "banned" soda in the school and supposedly children are not allowed to have them during lunch. I'm sorry but if you look at the side of the soda and the side of apple juice or capri sun or almost any other drink other than water ... soda is no worse than any of the other drinks. You can argue that the juice is "healthier" because it gives you some vitamins ... those can be met with one pill a day. If you want to ban soda than you better be banning everything except for water, tea and coffee.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join