It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US will reveal 25 year old files on state secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

In the new year, the CIA, FBI, state department and more than 80 other government agencies that handle state secrets will declassify hundreds of millions of pages of documents under a new policy that institutes an automatic release of material after 25 years.

Within those documents lie the most turbulent episodes of the 20th century: the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the Vietnam war, the CIA's unauthorised experiments with '___' and its internal thinking on a raft of investigations into coups and assassinations overseas, and the FBI's hunt for communist sympathisers on US soil.

The release, awaited by scholars and journalists, goes against the grain for the president, George Bush, and the vice-president, Dick Cheney, who has argued that the disclosure of information from the White House erodes presidential power.

www.commondreams.org...

MILLIONS of pages! perhaps some conclusions to the 9/11 attacks? perhaps ufo disclosure? so many possibilities. oh i cant wait untill its available on the internet... even if its bad news. comments?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
c'mon, as if they are going to release 'everything'

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sure they are just going to automaticly release everything thats older thain 25 years! 1981 and back eh? I seriously doubt it. Well they could but there will be a lot of use of Magic Marker on these pages.

There you go Declasified info from 25 years ago.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No way would they "reveal" anything worth while, I mean why would they?

It will be useless rubbish.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
guys, you dont believe me? im sure everyone knows what the

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT........

you know that thing where after a certain time the government has to legally fess up EVERY LITTLE SECRET you guys know this comon now.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sure they'll release it. With 3/4 of it probably blacked out with a black sharpie.

But seriously though I hope they do release it, to see if we can get our hands on some juicy details.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Sure they'll release it. With 3/4 of it probably blacked out with a black sharpie.

it's not a sharpie
it's a government standard issue black HIGHLIGHTER
duh, it shows you the parts that are really important

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracymaster

you know that thing where after a certain time the government has to legally fess up EVERY LITTLE SECRET you guys know this comon now.

Sorry dood, but I doubt that is going to make them release all those tid secrets they've killed to keep secret.

FOIA act means as much as the UN does to the USA government.
absoltuely F - ALL

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by conspiracymaster

Sorry dood, but I doubt that is going to make them release all those tid secrets they've killed to keep secret.

FOIA act means as much as the UN does to the USA government.
absoltuely F - ALL

but then that wold be illegal from the government would'nt it be?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
c'mon, as if they are going to release 'everything'

exactly, and if they do, expect a lot of black pen marks through important sentances that will render documents useless. Just because the court says you have to play fair doesn't mean the likes of the administration would ever abide by them?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
conspiracymaster

I mean seriously, where have you been? I don't want to sound rude or anything, but do you live anywhere near the USA?

No court appointed or sanctioned anything is going to make them show us their true selves. Drug trafficking, people trafficking, "income" taxes that we shouldn't have to pay (there's no law saying we have to pay income taxes, if you feel otherwise, then please feel free to show us) but we are paying them regardless, numerous projects that cost millions and billions (where does that money come from again?), and that's just scratching the surface.

No way any of us will know the truth unless we force it from them (which i don't see happening soon, people just don't care; i.e. "OMG look, pictures from Mel Gibson's private island." They have more "important" things to worry about, after all, rappers do have some sweet rides.

You can't expect the government to force itself to do things it doesn't want to. It would be similar to a court with judges paid by you telling you that you have to reveal your deepest darkest secrets, not happening.

All of this freedom of information act stuff is just to keep the people quiet. They may give you some info, but nowhere near all that we want to know.

We all need a good wakeup call every now and then, and this world (mostly in the US, because we don't have to deal with real problems) need to take a good look at our world and realize what is going on. It does affect you, no matter what you may think.

Peace

Pancho

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
These were supposed to be released in the new year. Has anyone found links to any of these? I have been trying to find some docs to read through but haven't found any relevant links besides ones like this...maybe they aren't online yet?

new topics

top topics

join