It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Weather Reports Are Top Secret Now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I posted this in ATSNN, but it should also be here.

Apparently the Chinese government doesn't want any foreigners to have any information on weather forecast in China, and they just made it illegal for any foreigner to get any weather forecast from China.

Chinese government weather forecasts become top secret

2006/12/26
BEIJING, AFP

China's government, which suppresses a range of information deemed threatening to national security, now wants to keep weather forecasts from falling into the wrong hands, state press said Monday.
New regulations to take effect next year will clamp down on the illegal acquisition of Chinese meteorological information by foreigners, the China Daily newspaper reported.

The China Meteorological Administration (CMA) has identified about 20 breaches of weather security since 2000, the paper said.

"Illegal meteorological surveys and data collection have infringed China's sovereignty... and threatened the country's security," the paper quoted CMA Vice Minister Zheng Guogang as saying.

Examples of the breaches include the construction by a Japanese company of an illegal meteorological observation station around a power plant in northwest China last year, it said.

This year, a British group built an observation station near the venue for 2008 Olympic yachting events, which also is near a military harbor, in the eastern China city of Qingdao.

www.chinapost.com.tw...

I don't know for sure the exact reason for the clamp down of all meteorological forecast in China, but something strange is going on.

Here is a link to the ATSNN article.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
That's quite weird..., Maybe so if they were ever Invaded, the Invasion Forces won't know what the weather conditions are till they get there :p

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
How about weather forecasts about North Korea, Cuba & Iran?

But you are allowed to check the forecasts for Hongkong, no?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Some of these weather detecting radars with advanced computers can actually detect aircraft like stealth aircrafts, minor movements in airflow/rain flow etc...

Maybe there systems can detect American spyplanes but they don't want the information to be seen by other countries like America?.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This was fielded in the US just after or before Katrina, I can't really remember. I know it involved former Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA).

He wanted to fold civilian weather agencies into the military and to make some forecasts top secret.

Naturally it was laughed at and nothing came of it...

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
This was fielded in the US just after or before Katrina, I can't really remember. I know it involved former Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA).

He wanted to fold civilian weather agencies into the military and to make some forecasts top secret.

Naturally it was laughed at and nothing came of it...

I remember that. Nothing came of it YET.

Does this have anything to do with it?Bejing to shoot down clouds

I believe weather control is alot closer then we realize, and is being kept secret because it is going to be used to control humans instead of help them.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If anyone wants some top secret info, just let me know

The forecasts might be deemed Top Secret, but the data by which anyone can make those forecasts comes from US satellites and US computer models - all freely available

new topics

top topics

join