It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving an alien invasion...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
First, Vekar, I'm sorry I kept calling you the wrong name, theres someone else on a different site named Vorek I debate with and I just kept forgetting.
Second, I'm not a kid.
I've gone overseas and into combat in Iraq and will be returning agian soon.
Finally, before I start, i'm not going to waste my time re-contracting some of the points becuase after having read your argument, I don't think you have the necessary knowledge/experience or spelling ability to continue this discussion.

Also, there is no gurantee that whatever bio-weapon they might use is effective. Small pox worked because it was a disease that affected humans being used on humans. What if they bio-weapon they use instead of making us weak and defensless, makes us stronger?

And asteroids are the most effective way. If they are planning on invading the earth, they could easily send ships YEARS in advance to drop an asteroid and wait for the mothership to arrive, it arrives, the governments and destroied, we have no way to see into space and all of a sudden the remaining camps are taken over with little to no resistance. But like I said (Since you obviously didn't read my entire post), this would only work if they wanted to SCAVENGE MINERALS AND LEAVE.

Also, I don't know why you think that you would be able to defend your country or planet better then the people who are trained to. And I doubt anyone would go "Rambo" on you. The military is not what you see in the movies. And nukes can be detonated from the ground, loaded onto planes and detonated in specific areas, or over a dozen other ways we could detonate them. Also, I doubt that the military will be wiped out that quickly and effectively, Even with millions or billions of invaders, the military would last alot longer then a few minutes. And if they were so powerful that we didn't, the entire planet would probably surrender. It's easy for people to "Monday Morning Coach", or talk about what they think they will do, But personnel experience shows me thats more often not true then it is true, you may think you would rather go down fighting, but what happens when the aliens come here, obliterate say, 30% of the worlds population without even trying, and then say "Surrender of the rest die, doesn't really matter to us". Most people would probably be too afraid to resist.

Also, your wrong, SINCGARS (Sorry, I had spelled it wrong previously, and you can learn about it here: en.wikipedia.org... ) Radios do not use words. It uses frequency hops and Encryption to enable real-time voice transmissions without code-words. Also, i think your confusing HAM Radios with MORSE Code. Not all ham radios are clicking. And if it is MORSE code, all they would need to do was to goto a destoied library, and grab any book which describes how MORSE code works.

Also, your

Your telling me to use logic, but you don't seem to use it or be capable of it's use yourself, as you contradict yourself constantly. If they have the capability to withstand bullets and explosives, what makes you think something as retardedly primative as a sword or hammer are going to be effective? What if they bones are 10 times stronger then ours? All you've done is piss the alien off at a CLOSE range which means that your most likely going to die alot more horribly. I'm done talking about bludgeoning, because it's retarded.

This is the one which made me decide to stop this discussion with you.
10 Tows?
You realize, a tanks HE round is MUCH more powerful then a TOW?
Not to mention, a tow is EXTREMELY difficult to setup and move if not on a mobile platform like a HMMWV, and it's also very difficult to reload on the spot. Hitting an enemy that can resist tank rounds with 10 tows, isn't going to do much better.

Also, you stated overkill didn't matter since they were aliens, I said that if see ihm fall over dead, no need to keep shooting, and used an example
CONTINUED:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
IF it takes a MISSLE to knock an alien down, do you seriously think you can overpower them yourself?

It appears that you are basing most of your argument off of books and moves, you even stated "War of the Worlds". And thus, I am done arguing. If you ever want to talk about what would happen in the REAL world, let me know.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeyourmind775
I've gone overseas and into combat in Iraq and will be returning agian soon.
Finally, before I start, i'm not going to waste my time re-contracting some of the points becuase after having read your argument, I don't think you have the necessary knowledge/experience or spelling ability to continue this discussion.

Also, there is no gurantee that whatever bio-weapon they might use is effective. Small pox worked because it was a disease that affected humans being used on humans. What if they bio-weapon they use instead of making us weak and defensless, makes us stronger?

And asteroids are the most effective way. If they are planning on invading the earth, they could easily send ships YEARS in advance to drop an asteroid and wait for the mothership to arrive, it arrives, the governments and destroied, we have no way to see into space and all of a sudden the remaining camps are taken over with little to no resistance. But like I said (Since you obviously didn't read my entire post), this would only work if they wanted to SCAVENGE MINERALS AND LEAVE.

Also, I don't know why you think that you would be able to defend your country or planet better then the people who are trained to. And I doubt anyone would go "Rambo" on you. The military is not what you see in the movies. And nukes can be detonated from the ground, loaded onto planes and detonated in specific areas, or over a dozen other ways we could detonate them. Also, I doubt that the military will be wiped out that quickly and effectively, Even with millions or billions of invaders, the military would last alot longer then a few minutes. And if they were so powerful that we didn't, the entire planet would probably surrender. It's easy for people to "Monday Morning Coach", or talk about what they think they will do, But personnel experience shows me thats more often not true then it is true, you may think you would rather go down fighting, but what happens when the aliens come here, obliterate say, 30% of the worlds population without even trying, and then say "Surrender of the rest die, doesn't really matter to us". Most people would probably be too afraid to resist.

Also, your wrong, SINCGARS (Sorry, I had spelled it wrong previously, and you can learn about it here: en.wikipedia.org... ) Radios do not use words. It uses frequency hops and Encryption to enable real-time voice transmissions without code-words. Also, i think your confusing HAM Radios with MORSE Code. Not all ham radios are clicking. And if it is MORSE code, all they would need to do was to goto a destoied library, and grab any book which describes how MORSE code works.

Also, your

Your telling me to use logic, but you don't seem to use it or be capable of it's use yourself, as you contradict yourself constantly. If they have the capability to withstand bullets and explosives, what makes you think something as retardedly primative as a sword or hammer are going to be effective? What if they bones are 10 times stronger then ours? All you've done is piss the alien off at a CLOSE range which means that your most likely going to die alot more horribly. I'm done talking about bludgeoning, because it's retarded.

This is the one which made me decide to stop this discussion with you.
10 Tows?
You realize, a tanks HE round is MUCH more powerful then a TOW?
Not to mention, a tow is EXTREMELY difficult to setup and move if not on a mobile platform like a HMMWV, and it's also very difficult to reload on the spot. Hitting an enemy that can resist tank rounds with 10 tows, isn't going to do much better.

Now then, let us begin kid.

Ok kid, if all you can do is try and make yourself look smart by insulting others, also, it would help if you could spell names right, its VEKAR not VOREK once again kid.
Do not dare challenge me on spelling, here is your errors:
I take this part from when you first challenged me:
"It would be much easier and cause minimal damage to resources if they simply dropped a giant asteroid onto earth and caused us to enter a nuclear winter/2nd Ice age."
Ok kid, first error is your grammar, you do not DROP an asteroid into a planet, you COLLIDE with it. Asteroids COLLIDE, they do not DROP. Proper grammar would be: “It would be much easier to simply put an asteroid on a collision course with planet earth, thus minimizing damage to resources."
"CAUSED" wrong word, it should be CAUSE not CAUSED do not use a slash use OR.
"It would take only a few years to lower the human population down enough for any force to take with minimal effort"
"To take with minimal effort" Well you left out take WHAT. You have a sentence fragment kid. You should include Earth or Planet in there so readers know what you are talking about. Proper grammar please.
"If they are just scavenging the planet and don't care the results as long as they get minerals, this is probably the way they would go."
“DON’T” wrong word, only in speech, not in writing, DO NOT is the words you should be using. "This is probably the way they would go" wrong. Your sentence is scrambled, re-write it. It should read something like this "This is probably the way they will go about taking over the planet." You MUST have a full sentence, not a fragment, when you are trying to give a statement about an event or subject of your desire.
NOW FOR SPELLING!
becuase (Because)
i'm (I AM)
agian (Again)
gurantee (Guarantee)
defensless (Defenceless)
destroied (Destroyed)
alot (A LOT, ALOT designates an ALLOTMENT of resources or items)
goto (GO TO)
destoied (Destroyed)
retardedly (Retarded, there is not such thing as retardedly)
primative (Primitive)
alot (A LOT, once again, ALOT is allotment)

OK! Now that I just proved your whole insult of "cannot spell" wrong, time to grow up. NOW ONWARD TO THE DISCUSSION!
No one here gives two hoots (other than the bu#es) about you claiming to be in Iraq or having been there. That means nothing to me, why? I know what (If your statement is true that is) you are doing to people: murder, rape, pillage, bombing indiscriminately and so on.
You did not read my statement properly, a bio-weapon of their own design considering how advanced they are would wipe every living thing out of existance on the planet. You see, they would have their OWN diseases and plagues Cont.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
CONTINUED:
and would use them on humans should they be effective. You see, smallpox worked agains the Native Americans because it was FOREIGN to them, there was nothing domestic about it. Thus when settlers brought it with them, it was deadly, the strains could mutate in the new enviornment and multiply rapidly since none of the locals had been exposed to it or anything like it. The same goes for diseases of other planets, we have never seen them, heard of them, let alone know what they could do to someone who is infected with it.
A bio-weapon would work better than an asteroid, why? AS I SAID, IT WOULD REND THE EARTH! A bio-weapon is SILENT, they do not need to worry about anyone seeing them. Just one small ship, 1 vial of something contagouse and VOILA! Instand death to humanity! As you said though, an asteroid could trigger an ice age, a bio-weapon would not. An asteroid would also cause a cloud of dust which would last a few months, and be annoying since dust would be raining down and they would require filtration systems and the like. Bio-weapon, nope. Engineer it to kill humans only since animals are not "intelligent" enough to fight back. Less hastle is more logical.
Why would I be able to defend my nation better than "trained" people? Simple, you would all be dead! Re-read my statement of WHY that is.
FREQUENCIES! That is the problem you face, if they use EMP's you would loose your systems of communication, yes a primitive HAM radio would work since they are so basic and easy to make. Use morse code to talk with people and you can get some info before they figure you out. Re-read my statement.
Watch your language on here, no swearing, they do filter the word bush and ite for some reason. If their bones are 10 times stronger, what makes you think your bullets would work anyway? That would mean the skin in comparison is also stronger than your own, and thus it would be pointless to use a rifle. I am calling on PHYSICS! YES PHYSICS! THE WONDERFULL WORLD OF PHYSICS! Go look it up, PHYSICS states: For every action there is an equal and opposite REACTION. A boulder would KNOCK THEM DOWN. If a BOULDER cannot you are SOL. RE-READ my statement. The point is to CRUSH your enemy under heavy weight since bullets do not work.
I would like to see you lug around a 120mm cannon and fire rounds off at them. A TOW is lighter and can be used by 1 male/female with great effectiveness. If 10 TOWS which are LIGHTER cannot bring down one of them, how the heck do you expect a tank round to bring them down? Also the reason for a TOW is because you can GUIDE it to some extent unlike a tank round which is a one way shot. Re-read my statement.
Who said just me? Are YOU dumb enough to take on an alien with FAR superior weaponry on your own? The point of overpowing them is to save something: the alien, why? So you can figure them out... Re-read my statement... If 5 humans cannot overpower 1 alien, you are SOL. Now humans have inferior weapons, inferior technology and to boot: INFERIOR POWER! 5 on 1 is a good balance thus far against one of them. At least you can snach their gun and turn it on them.
WAR OF THE WORLDS! YES! LEARN FROM BOOKS! I did not cite movies, I cited H.G. Well's WAR OF THE WORLDS because it DEALT with a situation like this! READ IT! LEARN FROM IT!
I am done here, since you do nothing but insult me, goodbye. I will keep talking with you other folk here, you are polite and at least learn from books. OH! and I barely pointed out all your spelling errors...

Frankly all we could hope for in an alien invasion would be they slip up on one bug like in WAR OF THE WORLDS so we have some advantage. It would not take them long to counter it, but a sick alien is easier to fight than a healthy one. There is one thing that would come out of all of this: the military would loose its pride, arrogance and ignorance. They would realize they are inferior to the invaders and that all this grand technology is squat, a mothership with shields vs a nuke... nuke gets deflected, aliens more annoyed. That is if anyone lived to actually FIRE one. They would target all the large insalations FIRST if they wanted to skip the bio-weapon part and just invade and fight us on a personal basis.
Ever wonder if humans would suddenly have another alien race try and help us if someone attacked? Lets say a race of "jackals" like the Egyptians depicted attacked, then a lizard race came out of nowhere and helped us. Be interesting yes? Little earth caught between two galactic powers.
First off though one would have to assume they have INTEREST in this planet, first off, it is NOT worth the bother. There is mars, Jupiter, Uranus, Pluto, VENUS! All have something they could use, such as hydrogen, iron, etc. ALSO THERE IS NO LIFE ON THESE PLANETS! THEY WOULD BE UNCONTESTED!
Besides logicaly, they would not bother us, at this rate humans will blow up the planet and wipe themselves out before they even get to another star system. All they have to do is wait if not help things fester while they work on other planets.
How many stars are out there, to many to count, or a googleplex as it is called. An infinite number, so why bother with this little backwater? Need mercenaries? Ok... If you want stone wielding ones... Other than that nothing here to see or do. Minerals? BAH! Just go harvest elsewhere untill humans kill themselves off.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ok I just don't think the aliens would be dumb enough to send in an infantry, when they could just poison us all or give us a disease. Or laser us all from space and then land. If aliens had the technology to travel lightyears across the galaxy, they would have harnessed some great energy source. What was the first thing we did when we discovered nuclear power? BOMBS BABY!! So if they had harnesed some supercharger nuke motor on their ship, think about the weapons they have. If they wanted humans dead, they would make us dead way before they land.

But I guess we could face aliens that enjoyed hunting humans. So if "Predators" come down from space, just kill them till you die.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Very inderesting views from all of you folk here, but let's have a look from a different angle.

From a raging battle you escape:
Imagine yourselves as cosmonauts of starship ''Pillar of Autumn''
and you wrap up through space into an unknown sector. You are the captain and as in charge you should check the controls up. Suddenly, a light beams and when you press it a hologram of statistic analysis apears towards the main screen, indicating a living planet. It's a primitive civilization for your standards so you decide to comouflage your flagship in case your enemies detect you. Monitors also indicate Gold, a yellowish matterial suitable for your economy and the promosion of your career. An enticing thought crosses overnight your mind. You are the captain. Instandly you order the second officer in comand to gather all the information about the planet and send them instantly to your office once he finishes. Travelling in wrap sequence is not so plesand and you feel your head like a smashed potato.
You feel rejuvenated and ready to cross the information the officer has placed on your office:
You consider that your flagship has 10,000 cruemen comprised from 3,000 special ops, 4,000 engineers, 2,500 scientists (physicists, chemists, psychologists, doctorsetc), 50 officers and 50 politicians. Like a mobile town. In comparison with the 6,000,000,000 citizens of that planet you are outnumbered. You still know, military thinking, that you can wipe them out and excavate the gold with the simple use of your weapons stored in the weapon cach, which is covered with cobwebs. Why not to test them? Of course there are politicians as they would have a different opinion. Politicians always have a different opinion, though not far off from the glance of gold.
-''Captain, our government wants these high-tech-weapons to be of good use to our enemies rather than these primitive ones. If we provoke to such actions we will be no more than spot and our enemies and betray our positions. As you can see we must move secretly. This planet will be exploited by our State, only'', this would be the answer of any politician who knows the potential of his enemy. Of course Considering your position as captain you merely comply. You send scout-drones in the shape of saucer so to gather all the signals and install them to their plugged memory. Another scientific miracle from your scientists. Fascinating. The next step is to send disguised agents to infiltrate their society. Still secrecy is important and any tecnology given to these fouls whould be destructive to themselves continuing their relentless and useless wars, but this still would betray your position.

That's my theory on why aliens will not choose to destroy us. Perhaps a good option is to take us with their side. Still they cannot be sure. Today we turn our weapons against our brothers. Tomorrow nobody attests that we will not turn them against our aliens allies.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Like I said why bother us if all they want is metal, there are many, MANY planets out there no doubt and 1 out of 12 in our system is in use. One of which is almost solid metal: Mercury.
It would be amusing though if they came to us with a proposition:
We need mercenaries for a war, we will pay you in gold to fight for us, of course should you be captured and tortured we will denigh all knowledge of your actions and existance. We will arm you with phase rifles, however they will have locking mechanisms so that if you try and steal it or hand it over to our enemy it will blow up and terminate your life. Any takers?

How many of you would take that deal? Go fight an all out war on an alien world as a mercenary and be paid in solid gold.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Wow gaz, talk about a major challenge with a lot of variables.

Many tactical norms of insurgency are in all likelihood completely suspended here.

#1. You can't blend into the population therefore hit and fade is a little more difficult. The enemy doesn't believe in friendlies, therefore your infrastructure is reduced. The insurgency is almost certainly smaller or at least more dispersed.

#2. The scale is immense. The enemy is in all likelihood here to take advantage of living resources- there is plenty of ice, metal, and hydrocarbons elsewhere in the solar system- my guess is that they enemy is here either for living space or to harvest luxuries specific to earth- species of wood, food sources, etc.
With the stakes being so large, we're not looking at a situation where killing 60,000 enemy over a decade or two is likely to send them packing. The insurgencies mission is genocidal in scale.

In my mind, the strategy of choice is to survive longer than they think you can, until they no longer expect to get hit, and then hit them with weapons of mass destruction.

Lets suppose ID4, as you said, you can't nuke their ships. But when they think the war is over and get down on the ground, they aren't going to be in their invincible ships.

Of course, they are going to make a point of destroying existing WMD, and it's not as if you can just walk into the ruins of NORAD and push the little red button.

Refining your own uranium is out of the question without infrastructure, which for the most part rules out nuclear weapons unless you A. find a way to travel and salvage heavy equipment without being noticed. B. Aren't afraid of radiation poisoning. You could theoretically use Polonium 210 and beryllium as a crude method of bombarding U-238 with neutrons to breed Plutonium, but even the US government abandoned the idea of mining Polonium because of the scale of operations needed to produce enough- they ended up breeding it in reactors.
So realistically, nukes are out until such time as you can salvage ballotecnic materials for a pure fusion device out of any wrecked military UAV- and as far as I know the quantum nucleonic reactor isn't actually a proven concept- I've heard that the experiments have been inconsistent.

That basically leaves chemicals, since you can't rely on an unknown alien physiology to react to a virus that evolved to make use of terrestrial hosts. So long as the aliens aren't walking around with atmosphere tanks on their backs- whether they're breathing oxygen, using catalytic devices, or just building domes, odds are good that chlorine gas will asphixiate them even if it isn't actually toxic to them. I choose chlorine because we've got oceans full of Sodium Chloride on this planet.

Simply by purifying seawater, separating the NaCl from the H20 with a membrane and using an electrical current, you can produce not only chlorine gas but also lye (you've seen fight club).

You then have the option of electrolizing the lye into sodium metal, which reacts violently with water (usually with the consequence of really messing up a rival school's fountain and getting you arrested).

encarta.msn.com...

The only real question is storing, pressurizing, and dispersing the product. Everything I've told you so far is basic encyclopedia knowledge, but I think it might be a felony to go any further, so you'll have to figure that one out for yourself.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Folks, theres been some petty name calling and in general bad posting conduct going on in this thread. I'm asking nicely that it stop now.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

wupy

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I would wholeheartedly welcome my new Alien Overlords....

Think about it, chances of Victory against a space-faring uber-race are not very good. If they arrive Go'ould like and demand we worship them or whatever, or die..I'd worship!

After all, if we capitulated, chances are we would not be that bad off. If they want to enslave Earth, it would be because of the huge amount of people and the manufacturing output of the planet.

We hardly have any natural resources that they can't get in great abundance from any other uninhabited planet. So it stands to reason they want the one resource that the other planets cannot provide. Humans.

Maybe they recognise the Martial ability of humanity and want us to be their warriors. After all, we have been practicing and perfecting warfare for thousands of years. We're pretty damn good at it. With the right weapons and some spaceships, we could help our new Overlords expand their territory greatly.

But, at the end of the day, I would choose to serve out of my own desire to see the Universe. And also to see an end to the corrupt, useless bastards we have in control and actually serve a purpose!

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Do you people really think you're going to fight aliens and win?

I can see it now...people gathering tons of gear, loading up shotguns and pistols, getting knifes, saying goodbye to the kids and wife, running at an alien and BLAM, getting turned into dust with some kind of super weapon. Yeah, you really had a chance. Meanwhile people with half a brain are hiding out and have a slight chance of surviving.

[edit on 28/12/2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sounds like stumason dreams of being a jaffa. Teal'c is pretty effin' cool, so I don't blame ya. I love Stargate SG-1, even if that does make me some kinda modern day trekkie fruitcake.

If that's the case though, they're gonna have to negotiate with me big time. I'm 6'1" grays are 3'6"- I'd say I'm in a position to make certain demands if I'm gonna be the goober who whacks whoever they say upside their overdeveloped cranium.

In case they are reading right now, screen for applicants, my demands are as follows: Kung pao chicken for dinner at least twice a week, a bottle of makers mark every week, and membership at the biggest conspiracy discussion board in the alien empire.

Oh, and if there's any civilization in the Universe that's roughly in the same place that the US was in the 1920s, I want 2 weeks vacation there every year.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Do you people really think you're going to fight aliens and win?

Come on, are you with us or with the aliens?
Lol
Merely jesting,
From the time being, with the technology we command, we do not stand a chance of success. If extratterestials come to subdue us we will wisely let them win. This will make them underestimate us. Once they realize that we have accept our fate they will start to intrust us.

Let's take an example, when Odysseus watched the siege of Troy never to be won through open battle, he tricked the Troyans as he did later with Polyphemus.

The same we will do, we shall trick them. At the beginning we will help them with their problems. Since we would deal with foreign affairs we will commence to ask for this and that. Just we will expect the right moment to learn us their language, next their science will follow, more important their martial arts, their weponry. We will learn like spongebob all the knowledge they have to offer
and when the moment comes we will rebel and claim our freedom.

Fortune favors the brave
Time favors the wise

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, maybe not Jaffa, as I don't fancy playing host to some wormy-thing. But they do have excellent Health benefits, which do extend to the whole family it would seem, so i would consider...

See... we don't have to fight the Aliens! After all, can it be any worse than our current rulers? At least the Aliens have spaceships!

I would trade in everything right now for the chance to serve in an interstellar Army..

How effing cool would that be?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I know my chances of winning against them one on one is one in a jillion as is with every single living thing on earth. However, I would fight because that is who I am, if nothing else, kill at least one and study the alien and know what I am up against. After that, take his/her armor, gun and the like and dissapear for a time. I could NEVER stand to hide for more than 40+ years, after about 30 I would have to do something. By that time I should have figured out the phase rifle... Besides, I would never engage them when they outnumber me, if I have a chance of isolating one alien and killing it, DONE!
So no one here would take the offer of being paid in gold in exchange for fighting for aliens?
Depending on why they were fighting, sure I would go. Cant pass up getting to travel on a startship or mothership and seeing battles on scales no one can imagine. Also I would learn how to use phasers, big pluss one! Maybe they would even teach us how to pilot ships! This would be HIGHLY beneficial to humans, get our hands on a starship, NO BIG DEAL! WE CAN FLY IT! Lets go to Omega-1, claim it and live there.

Humans are good at killing themselves true, so if they want to enslave they have to kill off 10 generations and brainwash the laters. THEN they have a new army of highly volitile little humans.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ever move into some new place and it's awesome and has a good view and then notice there is a bug problem? What do you do? You exterminate the bugs and the problem is solved. The bugs never even knew what hit them.

Face it, we have a really kewl little world here with an excellant view of the Milkyway. If some alien species made it this far out to the very edge of the galaxy, they'd see it as a summer home and exterminate the bugs (which unfortunetly would be us.)

They don't hate us or have some evil plan to exploit us, we just happen to inhabit something very beautiful that they want.

Just my thoughts on it.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
One of the physical weaknesses that I detect in the aliens is their aversion to terrestrial light. By this I do not mean only sunlight, but all terrestrial lights including moonlight (which is only sunlight reflected), and all even earthly artificial light. This is why they do not remove their dark eye sheaths even at night when they are most active. With their rather pale complexion sunlight would probably have a seriously harmful impact on it. So all terrestrial light seems to be harmful and perhaps even destructive to them. This is one of their weaknesses. It seems the only kind of light that they can tolerate is their own artificial light which we see at times on their craft.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The aliens obviously have the advantage from a military standpoint. Human military forces are like sticks compared to what the aliens have.
So the people who will defeat the aliens will not military people but spiritual ones, because the weapons that will defeat the aliens are spiritual weapons, not military ones.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I often find that no matter how well armed someone is, a surprise headbutt does the trick...

But thats just us Brits, I suppose! I overheard a Dutch man in the pub once saying how he found the British tendency to "fight with our faces" as rather odd...

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
assuming their carbon based and similiar to our own body structure. And believing that their here for a military occuptation perhaps to enslave mankind then go with the motto " Hold where you can, move when you must." My advice would be gorilla war tactics rifles are preferable as they can penatrate more. Best fight in a town then run to the near by wild where you should keep a cache of food and water and some kind of two way radio to keep in touch and coordinate attacks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join