It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Ford Dies at 93

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sorry, I just saw this in OCE. Please delete.

This Bloomburg article has a lot of information about him and his life.

Bloomburg

Dec. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Gerald R. Ford, who became the 38th U.S. president in 1974 when the Watergate scandal forced Richard Nixon from office, has died. He was 93.
Former first lady Betty Ford made the announcement of her husband's death late yesterday at their home in Rancho Mirage, California, where the former president died. No cause of death was given.

Ford, in declining health, was hospitalized several times in the past year and most recently in October for tests at the Eisenhower Medical Center in California. He was the longest-lived former U.S. president, overtaking Ronald Reagan on Nov. 12.

He was known as a man of integrity and decency by many.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Benevolent Heretic has done members a favor by starting this thread after all some things cant be discussed on ATS.

So I'm going to get straight to the point.
Dose anybody think that Ford made the wrong decision when he pardoned Nixon ?
Speak now or forever hold your peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm curious about your reference that some things can't be discussed here. Yes, that's true, but what specifically are you referring to?

Dose anybody think that Ford made the wrong decision when he pardoned Nixon

I absolutely think it was the wrong thing to do. Call me old-fashioned, but I think criminals should pay for their crimes.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm curious about your reference that some things can't be discussed here. Yes, that's true, but what specifically are you referring to?

I was referring to the more political aspects of the topic which can only be debated on PTS.
Cheers xpert11

[edit on 28-12-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This IS PTS.

I'm willing to delve into the political if you are.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I can understand why people weren't/aren't happy with Ford pardoning Nixon it seems like the right decision. I have to admit that I wasn't born until the decade after Watergate so all I know of the scandal comes from the likes of books.

Something similar will happen to the those who supported the war in Iraq there wont be any pardons as such but the issue will be put aside for good.

Given the current divisions in the US which have been caused by the current admin the next occupant of the Oval office is going to need Ford like qualities.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by xpert11]

new topics

top topics

join