It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the WOT has created a new world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I remember, sitting in the car with my boss, driving to the office having a discussion about all the news regarding IRAQ..

I remember telling my boss if they don’t accept the United States demands to give up all weapons, and allow total inspection.. It was going to be an absolute massacre on both sides.

Forgive me, but I was excited. Trying to understand the sheer experience of such a military manoeuvre unlike anything since ww2.

My boss turned to me and said

“He has no weapons, he’s been sanctioned for a decade. His soldiers don’t want to fight, they’ll surrender like the first gulf war.”

I sat there staring out the window, thinking…

‘That’s impossible. Surely a nation WOULDN’T, COULDN’T lie to the entire world, to such a gigantic extent, and expect to get away with it.’

To me, it was sheer stupidity to ASSUME Iraq didn’t have weapons. The world leader of life, liberty and justice made the absolute declaration that they had undeniable evidence of such weapons, to assume they were lying to the world, for ulterior motives was just unheard of, especially coming from this particular country.

People look at this war like it is just another chapter, in the history of United States military adventures.

But it is so much more than that.

The world had a voice, the UN had some cause in the 1940’s post war world.
The world was a relatively peaceful place, where prosperity, life, love and happiness was at the forefront of everyone’s mind.

How have we gone from such an idealic situation, into such an unknown for today’s civilisation?

People fail to see the consequences of allowing this beast out into the world.

Needing to be hit, before retaliation meant no country hit you.
Now we live in a world, where one man can decide if someone is enough of a potential threat, needing immediate, and harsh military action.
But this rule is only allowed, for 1 country?
How is this a safe world?

Should anyone perceive the military build-up of the USA on there borders ‘a potential threat’ Do they have the right to pre-emptive military action?

No, because the USA would class them as aggressors.

This war has changed the equilibrium of the worlds nations tremendously. It goes so much further than Iraq.

After WW2, there was sense of acceptance to allow the USA to be the world superpower. It wasn’t written in paper, or declared. The world felt safe having the US as a super power because they were willing to annihilate anyone that trampled over the idea of freedom of choice, and love of life. No matter what the losses.

NOW?

The USA has actively taken a aggressive stance towards a nation who sought nothing but peace. A nation that posed no threat, and was aggressive towards no one.
This is a new world because now, the world doesn’t trust the United States to be the all fair leader of the human race.

This is something I find some Americans FAIL to see.

How do you see, the world has changed now that we have gone against the interest of world peace, and illegally invaded a nation that posed no threat?

Im interested to see if people still think we live in a world, where they trust the USA?

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 27-12-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If they trust our government, they have never had exposure to media other than FOX. I for one think that nations around the world deal with the US government with a ten foot poll or love the US government because they are their patsies. Overall trust of the USA has bottomed out, unless it is business related, avoid it.
Positive of the USA has gone down, trust has bottomed out, and as things keep going, it will only get worse. As for if people still trust the citizens of the USA, hard to say since the world only gets to see the rich elites who are stuckup snobs...

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
First of all, Post WW2 was not paeceful by anymeans. There was the Korean War, Vietnam, Nicerugua, Terrorism and the Cold War.

I'm sorry, but living everyday wondering if that would be the day the U.S.S.R. would strike first was not peaceful or serene - it was down right scary.

To call Iraq "Peaceful" and unthreatening is naive at best. Saddam started a war against Iran - used chemical weapons against his own people and invaded Kuwait.

We had to implement the no-fly zones to protect Iraq's neighbors and the Kurds.

How is that peaceful and non-threatening? Really - get a grip.

[edit on 27-12-2006 by crisko]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
How long ago was the Iran war?
How long ago was the COLD war?
Were we at any MAJOR war in the 90's? when the technology/IT boom was in?

The boom that made the world smaller, and brought everyone together?

The world changed DRAMATICALLY in the late 80/s 90/s
It was a peaceful place where every nations best interests were at heart.
The USA broke that with Iraq.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Dude - the cold war ended in 91 - the first Gulf War started the same year. We almost went to war with North Korea in 96.

Then there was Somalia.

Then there were the two attempts on the World Trade Center in that decade, the USS Cole bombings, the Tower Bombings in Suadi.

Peaceful? No.

Perhaps your eyes were just closed for too long.

Welcome to the world - America has never been at peace.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by crisko]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The world changed DRAMATICALLY in the late 80/s 90/s
It was a peaceful place where every nations best interests were at heart.
The USA broke that with Iraq.

Seriously?....

Just because the US isn’t/wasn’t involved doesn’t mean major conflicts didn’t exist during the 1990’s…

1990’s: Desert Storm, The Congolese War (est. dead 3.5 million)…one can’t leave out Algeria or the civil war in Georgia or the Chechen uprising, Nepal, Somalia, Bosnia, Croatia, Rwanda (genocide anyone?) and a host of others I can’t recall off the top of my head…..The 1980’s were worse…

The world is not and never has been a peaceful place, period.

mg

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
America was never in the situation it is in now.
facing defeat, by a war it started on lies.
everything else has been a justified intervention for one reason or another.
you wernt at war, you were keeping peace in a situation involving 'other' nations.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
America was never in the situation it is in now.
facing defeat, by a war it started on lies.

You sure about that?

What about 1974?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You sure about that?

What about 1974?

It's not the same thing. Vietnam wasn't to deny China/Russia crucial ressources as Iraq was. During the Afghanistan war, China really thought about going to war because Afghanistan is too near them, it's dangerous for their security. And the US is now trying to go in Iran, which China and Russia won't allow IMO or will do serious actions if such a thing occurs.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Go into Iran?

I highly doubt that is on the agenda. Iran will be weighed down with sanctions, in addition to it's failing refinery capability and aging industrial base - yea they've been mated.

North Korea would be the next likely target, but at this time I highly doubt there will be largescale military action against anyone.

EDIT: Can you provide me with a link to this China claim? Afghanistan doesn't share a border with China FYI.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by crisko]

new topics

top topics

join