It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha Boy is sighted again, could he be the Messiah ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Ive just got up to speed on this 16 year and its an amazing story to say the least, how can such a young child be so spiritual ?.

I have read that every 500 years or so a messianic teacher is born be it Buddha, Jesus or Mohammad. Perhaps this young kid is that very incarnation as it would make sense for him to appear in the one of the most populated countries that is tipped to be the next China in 10-15 years.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
He could be the messiah.
Or we all could be seeds of the messiah, and there is a messianic consciousness.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
or he could just be some kid that can meditate beyond his years

honestly, why does everyone who does some extraordinary stuff have to be connected to judaio-christian tradition?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
or he could just be some kid that can meditate beyond his years

honestly, why does everyone who does some extraordinary stuff have to be connected to judaio-christian tradition?

Who ever said this story concerning a possible Buddhist Messiah have anything to do with Judeo-Christian tradition? I didn't get that feeling from reading any of the previous posts or the article.

While the word Messiah is of Hebrew origin, the word "messiah" (with a lower case "m") is a generic term meaning any "savior" for any group or religion.

The Buddhist faith speaks of a messiah. In fact there are various messiahs in the Buddhist faith, differing among various Buddhist sects. The Islamic faith speaks of a messiah that will battle the Antichrist (in fact some Islamics say The Messiah's name is Jesus, but he has yet to come to Earth. But that's fodder for another thread.)

The use of the term "messiah" doesn't always refer to the "Messiah" in Judeo-Christian tradition.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
He said himself that he is not fully enlighten nor is he a reincarnation of bhudda.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Glad to see the teenage runaway messiah returned home, and is back under his tree. The forests of Nepal are no place for a young boy. A least he didn't go hungry since he doesn't eat. This story always seemed too fishy for me. Visitors have to be 30 meters away, and can only see him at set times. Just sounds like a money making scam from his village.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
This story always seemed too fishy for me. Visitors have to be 30 meters away, and can only see him at set times. Just sounds like a money making scam from his village.

well, here's the thing
he's a kid meditating
it's really hard to maintain concentration when you meditate
the fact that he's outside means that he has no physical barriers to isolate himself
now, what he needs is space so he can't be shaken out of his meditative state

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
The Islamic faith speaks of a messiah that will battle the Antichrist (in fact some Islamics say The Messiah's name is Jesus, but he has yet to come to Earth. But that's fodder for another thread.)

Islam does believe Jesus has come and went. The only thing is, they view him as a prophet,not the Messiah.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
soylent, they actually do believe that isa (aka jesus) will come to do battle with the demonic being (your antichrist in a way)

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
He said himself that he is not fully enlighten nor is he a reincarnation of bhudda.

Exactly. He's on a spiritual quest. He's rather mature for his age (obviously) as well.

Seriously .. I am really interested in this story and am reading whatever comes up about him. I find him fascinating. I don't know why, but I do.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
...what was it
? 10months, for his self imposed exile... in his personal 'desert' wandering...

then he returns to the iconic 'Tree'.........................hmmmmm?

your headline uses the highly charged term messiah,
from my viewing angle...the more appropriate title might be 'Maitreia'
...as something feels fishy with this enlightened?one
taking off for parts unknown, then returning to his tree,
which is purposely Distanced from the curiosity seeking public.......

(although telephoto lenses could reveal bloodshot eyes/dialated pupils if that were the case....& one of those audio-dishes could pick up his utterings/prayers from a 30yd distance...
...?IF? any investigative reporters wanted to scoop a story!)

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
taking off for parts unknown,

From what I have read elsewheres, he was wandering in the forest contemplating them and the universe in general. There were buddah-boy sightings in the woods. I don't know if they were real, or if they were like Elvis sightings, but apparently he was contemplating in the forests and was seen by some people.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I doubt he is a messiah, simply a new reincarnation of Buddha. If he is, then his being beyond his years makes sense. If not, who knows? Maybe he's just a spiritual genius.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Nope

Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time. 26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The buddha boy returns eh? Glad to see that he is still around. Its an interesting little situation. Will be interesting to see it continue to develop.

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Who ever said this story concerning a possible Buddhist Messiah have anything to do with Judeo-Christian tradition?

The messiah IS judeo-christian tradition.

While the word Messiah is of Hebrew origin, the word "messiah" (with a lower case "m") is a generic term meaning any "savior" for any group or religion.

True enough, but that is sloppy usage.

SpeakerofTruth
Islam does believe Jesus has come and went.

In islam, there will be an end of the world and a judgement day. There will be a person who appears to correct any errors that have accumulated in the islamic religion, and he will also head a holy army, he is called the Mahdi. The muslims beleive that the Mahdi prepares the way for the return of Jesus. When Jesus returns, then the world 'ends',AFAIK.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The boy mentioned he will be engaged in devotion for six more years....that was indeed amusing considering it intersects roughly with 2012.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Mental Natural]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
he is going to be buried alive by his followers. stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
One report indicates that at least some of his story is a fraud (not eating or drinking for 6 months):
www.himalayanmart.com...

The logic given by the doctors is actually quite good -- "the light" must be awfully nourishing if you're getting fatter after a 6 month fast. Also, note that he retires behind a screen that's put up by his closest followers when evening comes. The story above says he's protected by "goons" who don't let anyone near him.

If this is the case, then it wouldn't be too hard for these people to hide him away and report he's wandering in the forest.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
He is interesting to be sure, our fascination is born of our faulty belief system concerning the human body.
Buddha boy video

The majority of people feel they know without any doubt that the human body cannot exist without food and water, but for a short period of time.

The key to doing so, is in the statement above, as it is also in the Bible. There is nothing extraordinary about this ability. Nor is that the focus of young Ram Bahadur, he is seeking enlightenment.

His journey has a side effect that we are all focused upon as unbelieveable. There is no great sign, or miracle in this. It is something very simple.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by GriffinRD]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm beginning to feel that I've been around for a long time

People wishing and hoping for miracles and wonders

As the man said: one born every minute

Hoping that folk will turn their minds to practical means of sorting out their lives within the wider mess, rather than invest energy into hopes for intergalactic-cavalry, world-end scenarios and assorted saviours as 'solution'.

Are people going soft ? Too much easy living, consumer goods and instant gratification, sense of entitlement, 'too hard basket' the first response ?

Or have they fallen victim to religious programming ?

Or ... is it just that ATS attracts far more of that type of thinking than exists out there in the real world ?

Probably the latter. I'm sure that's it. I hope.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join