It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Exploration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have been trying to find, without success, to find a report about the first Mars Lander from the late 70�s early 80�s (it may have been as early as 72) of a report that came out from a NASA around then.

A spokesman who reportedly stated that the Lander had landed and all was going according to plan and that samples were being taken and analysed with a lot of data being beamed back along with pictures, then a few days later it was reported that the radar had picked something coming up on the Lander from behind, a shadow fell in view of the camera then it went off line and they were trying to re-establish contact with it since.

Around that time I remember that the headlines were on about life on MARS for quite awhile (about a week) then NASA changed there story and said that there had been an electric malfunction and that they couldn�t get it back online and that was the end of it.

That�s the gist of the report that I remember but I�ve tried to find more anyone now anything about it (links would help)

join