MARS Exploration

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have been trying to find, without success, to find a report about the first Mars Lander from the late 70ís early 80ís (it may have been as early as 72) of a report that came out from a NASA around then.

A spokesman who reportedly stated that the Lander had landed and all was going according to plan and that samples were being taken and analysed with a lot of data being beamed back along with pictures, then a few days later it was reported that the radar had picked something coming up on the Lander from behind, a shadow fell in view of the camera then it went off line and they were trying to re-establish contact with it since.

Around that time I remember that the headlines were on about life on MARS for quite awhile (about a week) then NASA changed there story and said that there had been an electric malfunction and that they couldnít get it back online and that was the end of it.

Thatís the gist of the report that I remember but Iíve tried to find more anyone now anything about it (links would help)

new topics

join