It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Response to Questions About the Modern Gnostic Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
First of all, I am not an official representative of the White Lodge or anything like that, and the following responses are coming from a more or less learned-ignoramus.

From the following post: Many Masons are quite simply in the dark

Originally posted by Cug
Earlier yes, earliest no. those three volumes were written in 1905, 1906, and 1907.

Thank you.

Well for what it's worth... From my point of view Samael Aun Weor teachings "are heavily tainted with Black Magic, and that everything useful to be found in his books, can be found in the works of other writers who did not add abominable things to the Gnostic teachings."

Everything useful perhaps, except for the Great Arcanum(which is not in any way abominable) that is.

(Although some authors have explicitly referred to it, such as H.H. the Dalai Lama, Lama Yeshe, Arnold Krumm-Heller, and a few others).

And to tell the truth, he also shows signs of being a cultish leader. for example...:

...IMNSHO that is scary!

He means that in the Esoteric sense.

A member of "The Gnostic Movement" is anyone who is in Scientific Chastity.

To Build the Solar Bodies by Raising the Kundalini, to destroy the ego, and to Sacrifice for Humanity, are the entire basis for Initiation into the White Lodge; whether we are Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Brahmin or whatever other Religion.

For example:

"Buddha asked his disciples the following:

Tell me, O disciples, when is a disciple no longer a disciple?

And Sariputra answered, "The good disciple must not break his vow of chastity.

Whosever breaks his vow of chastity is no longer a disciple of Sakyamuni."

See as well, what I've posted in this post in regard to: Vows of Chastity

Anyone who has made any Vow(s), to their Fraternity, Country, or to anyone for that matter; should be mindful of this teaching from the Supreme Wisdom Lessons:

Supreme Wisdom Lessons

11. Have you not learned that your word shall be Bond
regardless of whom or what?

Answer: Yes. My word is Bond and Bond is life, and I will
give my life before my word shall fail.

Samael taught us to not go fluttering from school to school, because in doing that, we waste time with this-and-that theory; instead of Acting.

But this does not mean that we shouldn't first study, before just diving head-first into a specific Order or Fraternity.

Any authentic Religion can lead us to the Self-Realization of the Being.

It is just that some schools are lagging and are still stuck in Piscean ways.

While others are more in tune with the Dayspring of Youth.

Also, Bodhisattvas from each of the Seven Rays which emanate from the Logos, each have different missions to accomplish.

The Ray of the Monad Samael, is not the same Ray that the H.H. the Dalai Lama comes from, or the same Ray-Monad of which Manly P. Hall's Bodhisattva comes from, etc.

They're all from the same Spiritual Sun, but each appear as a different color.

And at the least, Samael Aun Weor did not bind his disciples with anything like a "Black Cord"; as did the leader of the pseudo-Rosicrucian fraternity A.M.O.R.C.

Now that is scary.

From the Moorish Science Temple thread

"The order of the Logos, the true Rosicross, does not have a visible or tangible organization in the physical world, it does not have a physical temple; this only exists in the superior worlds. The brethren of the Rosicrucian Order who have physical bodies here in this tridimensional world are all of them Resurrected Masters. They are Resurrected Masters who already incarnated the Christ.Those from distinct schools and orders in this physical world who denominate themselves Rosicrucian are false. The true Rosicrucian Order that the Logos has established upon the face of the Earth does not have any visible organization, it does not dictate courses by correspondence, nor does it collect fees, nor does it have juridical personality, nor does it have internal or external statutes. Their members are not even acquainted with each other in this physical world. They might be acquainted with each other in the superior worlds, yet in this physical world they very seldom, very seldom encounter each other." - The Kabbalah of the Mayan Mysteries

A lodge in the internal worlds whose members are all Resurrected Masters. The groups in the physical world who call themselves Rosicrucian have absolutely no affiliation with the True Order. In particular, Samael Aun Weor indicates repeatedly in many books that the school of A.M.O.R.C. (based in California) has nothing to do with the true Order. See The Revolution of Beelzebub for more information.

The likes of Rudolph Steiner, Max Heindel and Samael Aun Weor, never claimed that their Orders were the actual Rosicrucian Fraternity.

Any branch of the White Lodge should have a Three Chamber structure, as did the Ancient Khemetian Temples:

Three Chambers

Chambers In Universal Gnosticism, there are three levels of help and instruction. First Chamber is the public, introductory teaching. Second Chamber is for those who have committed themselves to Gnosis and the death of the ego. Second Chamber is kept secret as it is a sacred and profound trust. Third Chamber is an even more advanced level of help, which is also kept Hermetically Sealed. These Three Chambers reflect the universal nature of all true Initiatic Colleges: in Masonry the initiates of each level were called (1) Apprentice, (2) Journeyman or Craftsman, and (3) Master. In Tibet, the same system is preserved. It is important to note that Samael Aun Weor emphasized the necessity for the Three Chamber system and any school that does not maintain this structure is lacking the connection to the Logos Samael. Only those Institutions who maintain the Chambers can be said to be true Gnostic Schools, wherever they may be. "We are therefore working, my dear brethren, to initiate the Era of Aquarius. We are working in order to save what is possible, meaning, those who allow themselves to be saved. This is why it is necessary that we shape our Gnostic Movements and that we organize them each time better; that we establish the Three Chambers. Our Gnostic Movements must have exactly Three Chambers. Each Lumisial must have Three Chambers for the instruction of our students. Our Gnostic Centers receive a name in a very pure language that flows like a river of gold that runs under the thick jungle of the sun; that name is LUMISIALS." - Samael Aun Weor, from a lecture entitled The Final Catastrophe and the Extraterrestrials

And if anyone thinks that they have made vows to a Black Lodge, the best advice I can give, is to not speak about it; and to simply learn to Consciously enter the Astral Plane, and to ask their Being to break those karmic astral-ties, according to the Law of Karma.

What is all that about? Every one born in the US gets their their virginity removed surgically?

But as that is an "anti" site it may be biased and have quotes taken out of context, but I would still like to hear your comments about it.

Of this, I know nothing.

It is quoted from the following lecture:

Questions of Importance to Women

Perhaps Samael Aun Weor knew of some "doctors" who were doing this, and foresaw that it would become common(which it likely has not).

A Gnostic instructor has stated that Samael Aun Weor was writing his works along-side his Initiations into the Major Mysteries; so his earlier writings contain some(yet few) mistakes.

So what I'm saying, is that he may have had a mistaken clairvoyant perception(as an Initiate, before he became an Adept) or something; I really don't know.

Even the Gods can make mistakes from time to time(as to what I mean by this, learn about the six-divisions of Samsara as taught in Buddhism).

For all we know, what he said in that lecture is actually going on!

Tamahu if I may ask, do you read Spanish?

No, I don't.

It is on my list of like eight or nine languages I'd like to learn though.

I've seen a website like the one you quoted.

And their arguments against the Gnostic doctrine, only shows us their own ignorance.

The accusations they make against Samael Aun Weor could be directed against any Guru, authentic or not.

They fail to realize that Samael Aun Weor is not teaching anything new.

He simply unveiled certain aspects of the Path, that the White Lodge did not authorize anyone to teach openly during the Age of Pisces.

The accusation against Samael, that he uses "mental suggestion", is erroneous.

Samael taught that all schools of spiritualist channelling, "mind power" and hypnotism are Black Magic; and taught that instead of joining any of them, we need to learn how to meditate as to converse with our own Internal Being.

Who is Samael Aun Weor?

Do not follow me. I am just a signpost. Reach your own Self-realization.

Of course many schools of Black Magic claim that they teach us to "seek for ourselves", etc. etc. etc.

An example of this, IMO, is Malachi Z. York.

The dangerous thing about any Esoteric system, is that both the White Magi and the Black Magician speak to the subconscious.

The White Magi speaks to both the free Consciousness that we have availible, and also to the Consciousness that is trapped within the egos...

...While the Black Magician usually speaks to the egos that trap the Consciousness.

See the difference?

It is often hard for us who are asleep to tell the difference.

This is why all the common "New Age" books and "mind power" teachings are the most popular books.

Initiatic Preparation

The disciple who wants to enter the straight, narrow and difficult path that leads us to the Light has to withdraw from all spiritualist schools. Those schools are filled with “sublime crimes.” Those schools are golden cages filled with “very beautiful poisonous vipers.” Mystic evilness is very abundant in those schools.

Under the shelter of the divine phrase “Universal Fraternity” the worst crimes registered in the penal code are committed

...We have known horrible cases, i.e. we knew the case of a certain hypocritical Pharisee who passed himself off as Jesus Christ; he founded an order of Black Magic and later he alleged that he was uniting all the schools, orders, sects, creeds and lodges within a universal fraternity; and he was the center of it all, naturally. We knew about another subject who took the name of K. H. in order to declare that he was an Avatar, and that he should reunite all the schools under his scepter. All these types of opportunist subjects tend to found black lodges under the shelter of the beautiful phrase “Universal Fraternity.”...

Regards

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This an interesting topic Tamahu, here is a quote form the link you posted. -

The mind must free itself from all kinds of “schools,” religions, sects, beliefs, etc. All those “cages” are obstacles which render the mind incapable of thinking freely. It is necessary for the mind to become free of the illusions of this world and become a fine and marvelous instrument of the Inner Being. - Samael Aun Weor

Can you expound on this any?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yes.

I was going to explain that, by digging up numerous quotes from Adepts and Masters from various Spiritual Traditions, etc.

But the simple, most direct answer, is that Samael Aun Weor is simply warning us against getting trapped in sectarianism.

All religions are precious pearls strung on the golden thread of divinity.
- Samael Aun Weor

The Pearls are the various traditions, while the Golden Thread of Divinity is the One Secret Doctrine that, while running through all the Pearls, is within the Soul of Man and not dependant on any particular Pearl.

Now, in regard to the term "Cult".

Many have accused the Modern Gnostic Movement as being "cultish", as if the term "cult" is a necessarily negative one.

But let us-while remembering that the average person accepts the popularly-attached meaning of a term, as opposed to the actual meaning-look beneath surface.

Cult

Cult (Latin cultus, worship, from colere, to cultivate)

Objectively
, it is an exclusive group of awakened people (Initiates) who cultivate and share an esoteric knowledge, usually verified by the superior senses of their consciousness.

"Man know thyself and you will know the universe and its Gods."

Subjectively
, it is a religious, philosophical or scientific system of worship and ritual; in other words, a way of expressing devoted reverence in a religious or non religious (subjective scientific manner, five senses). For example:

Scientific methods or regimen of present epochs cultivate a subjective knowledge about the origin of Man based exclusively on their subjective reasoning (five senses), which is an obsessive, faddish, devotion to a person’s theories or sophisms. The source of such devotion is pride and ignorance.

The interpretation of any religious scripture can become extremist or false when interpreted by subjective reasoning (five senses) or without the proper esoteric tools. Then, its followers can end up living a life in an unconventional manner and under the guidance of an ignoramus, authoritarian, charismatic leader

Final Catastrophe

...Uranus is the regent of the constellation of Aquarius and this is something profoundly significant, my dear brethren. Uranus governs the sexual glands and this is why the Gnostic Movements clearly teach the Sahaja Maithuna, Sexual Magic, which is the Esoteric fundament of the New Era.

Uranus is also a Primeval King of the submerged Atlantis, that which we can call Ur-anas: the primordial fire and the water that determined the first luni-solar Cult of the androgyny Io.

Here is precisely where we find the root of the Chaldean Astro-Theurgy; this is why Uranus, the Asura-Maya, the First Atlantean, is nothing but the first revealer of the sexual mysteries.

The Sacred Mantra OM MANI PADME HUM is equivalent to the Gods Sun-Moon, Phallus-Uterus within which the marvelous clue of the Great Arcanum is found. IO-PITAR is the Sun, the Phallus, Om Mani is the Uterus, the Moon. OM MANI PADME HUM is the lotus flower with its masculine and feminine poles submerged within the Genesic waters of the first instant. Therefore, any type of teaching without the Sahaja Maithuna actually becomes extemporaneous for the New Era of Aquarius. It is impossible to enter into the Great Mysteries of the White Lodge without the doctrine of Uranus, the Asura-Maya, the first revealer...

Vesta

(Roman name; known in Greek as Hestia) Hestia is the gentle, virgin goddess of the hearth-fire (both private & municipal), the home and family. She voluntarily relinquished her position as one of the twelve Olympians in place of Dionysos. As recompense she was made goddess of the sacrificial flame and granted a portion of all sacrifices to the gods. She is clearly a symbol of the the Divine Mother Kundalini, the root fire of all that exists. She was highly honored in every household from early times to the beginning of Christianity, when her worship was outlawed.

Her public cult maintained a sacred building in which her priestesses, the vestal virgins, tended the communal hearth and fire, which was never allowed to die out.

"To Hestia, fumigation from Aromatics. Daughter of Kronos, venerable dame, who dwellest amidst great fire’s eternal flame; in sacred rites these ministers are thine, mystics much blessed, holy and divine. In thee the Gods have fixed their dwelling place, strong, stable basis of the mortal race. Eternal, much formed, ever florid queen, laughing and blessed, and of lovely mien; accept these rites, accord each just desire, and gentle health and needful good inspire.” –Orphic Hymn 84 to Hestia

Love in Antiquity

The sexual act is a sacrament. This is how the ancient people understood it, having temples dedicated to love. Let us remember the temple of Venus in the august Rome of the Caesars. Let us remember the temple of the moon in ancient Chaldea.

Let us remember the ancient temples of India where the cult of love reigned.

In Lemuria, the ancient continent located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, the cult of love reigned

Regards

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have been studying Theosophy alongside the teachings of Samael Aun Weor, and I have noticed some very important differences. The most outstanding one being in regard to sex.

I would like to make it clear that none of this is intended as an attack on Samael Aun Weor, or anyone studying these teachings, nor do I have any personal resentment. But, at times iconoclasm is necessary, and to point out the TRUTH at any and all costs. The point I have in drawing attention to the Leadbeater case, was that if Samael Aun Weor could be deceived on the astral plane about the true nature of C.W. Leadbeater (see the Absolute Man page 220) what else was he wrong about? From my investigations this is just the tip of the iceberg. Although, Samael Aun Weor took a great deal from the work of H.P. Blavatsky the only accredited agent of the Great Lodge in our cycle, he also took quite a bit from Pseudo-theosophy, that is from the distorted " psychic revelations" of C.W. Leadbeater and Annie Besant. They completely changed the Seven Principles of Man, among many other things too long to enumerate here.

I consider H.P. Blavatsky as an occult authority, so, I quote here at some length from H.P. Blavatsky, and the Mahatmas. [capital letters are italicized in original]

Questions on Yoga-Vidya:

'Q. - Can a married man acquire the Vidya?

'A. - No, not while a Grihastha. You know the invariable rule was that a boy was placed at a tender age under his guru for this training; he stopped with him until he was twenty-five to thirty; then lived as a married man fifteen to twenty years; finally retired to the forest to resume his spiritual studies. The use of liquors, of beef, and certain other meats and certain vegetables, and the relations of marriage prevent spiritual development.'

- Blavatsky Collected Writings, vol. 3, p. 27

'In Egypt, in days of old, the marriage service contained an article that the woman should be the 'lady of the lord,' and real lord over him, the husband pledging himself to be 'obedient to his wife' for the production of alchemical results such as the elixir of life and the philosopher's stone, for the SPIRITUAL help of the woman was needed by the male alchemist. But woe to the alchemist who should take this in the dead-letter sense of PHYSICAL union. Such sacrilege would become black magic and be followed by certain failure. The true alchemist of old took AGED women to help him, carefully avoiding the young ones; and if any of them happened to be married they treated their wives for months both before and during OPERATIONS as sisters.'

- Blavatsky Collected Writings 12, p. 533

From Thoughts on the Elementals

' It has been said elsewhere, that white magic differed very little from practices of sorcery except in effects and results - good or bad motive being everything. Many of the preliminary rules and conditions to enter societies of adepts, whether of the Right or the Left Path, are also identical in many things. Thus Gabalis says to the author: 'The Sages will never admit you into their society if you do not renounce from this very present a Thing which cannot stand in competition with Wisdom. You must renounce all carnal Commerce with Women.'

'This is sine qua non with practical Occultists - Rosicrucians or Yogis, Europeans or Asiatics.

The eastern occultists consider the ‘sexual relation . . . as a “Karma” pertaining only to the mundane relation of man, who is dominated by Illusion, a thing to be put aside, the moment that the person becomes “wise.” They considered it a most fortunate circumstance if the Guru (teacher) found in his pupil an aptitude for the pure life of Brahmacharya.’ (SD 2:458)

‘[N]o one can properly or with safety enter on the study of Practical Occultism, in the real sense of the word, unless he or she is a celibate . . . The Spinal Cord puts into connection the Brain and the Generative Organs, and this connection is further strengthened by the Sympathetic System. The Cord, however, gives an open passage, which opens into the important cavities of the Brain. Excitement of the Generative Organs sends up impulses and subtle essences to the Brain by way of the spinal canals. Now the three vital airs are ruled by the Will, and Will and Desire are the higher and lower aspects of one and the same thing. These airs . . . play in the canals, and hence the importance of their absolute purity. For if they soil the vital airs energized by the Will, disease results at the best, Black Magic at the worst. Therefore all sexual intercourse is forbidden to the students of Practical Occultism.’ (BCW 12:702)

True Eastern Esotericism maintains that all the contents of the reproductive system have a direct spiritual connection with their cosmic antetypes and are therefore potent objects in black magic here on the physical plane and thus are considered unclean.

Blavatsky collected writings vol. 12

Tantra (Sk.). Lit., “rule or ritual”. Certain mystical and magical works, whose chief peculiarity is the worship of the female power, personified in Sakti. Devî or Durgâ (Kâlî, Siva’s wife) is the special energy connected with sexual rites and magical powers-THE WORST FORM OF BLACK MAGIC OR SORCERY.

THEOSOPHICAL GLOSSERY

“No Adept ever marries.” – H.P. Blavatsky

And here are some quotes from the Masters themselves.

" Occult Science is a jealous mistress and allows not a shadow of self-indulgence; and it is "fatal" not only to the ordinary course of married life but even to flesh and wine drinking"
Master K.H

It is true that the married man cannot be an Adept.” (The Master K.H. in The Mahatma Letters, p. 17.)

Ibid. (p. 272 by Master M): – “The Dugpas and the Gelugpas are not fighting in Tibet alone: see their vile work in England among the ‘Occultists’ and ‘Seers’! Hear your acquaintance – preaching, like a true ‘Hierophant of the left-hand,’ the marriage of the ‘soul with the spirit’ and getting the true definitions topsy-turvy, seek to prove that every practicing Hierophant must at least be spiritually married – if for some reason he cannot do so physically, there being otherwise a great danger of Adulteration of God and Devil! I tell you the Shammars [Dugpas, or Black Magicians] are there already, and their pernicious work is everywhere in our way.”

So here we have the greatest occultist in the history of western civilization saying that sex magic is black magic.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
But it does not stop there. Here is more.First, regarding the practice of pranayama H.P. Blavatsky and the Masters have quite different views on the matter than Samael Aun Weor has. For example-

"Now, the science of Ha˜ha-Yoga rests upon the “suppression of breath,” or Prânâyâma, to which exercise our Masters, are unanimously opposed. For what is Prânâyâma? Literally translated, it means the “death of (vital) breath.” Prâna, as said, is not Jîva, the eternal fount of life immortal, nor is it connected in any way with Pranava, as some think, for Pranava is a synonym of AUM in a mystic sense. All that has ever been taught publicly and clearly about it is to be found in “Nature’s Finer Forces.” If such directions, however, are followed, they can only lead to black magic and mediumship. Several impatient Chelas, whom we knew personally in India, went in for the practice of Ha˜ha-Yoga, notwithstanding our warnings. Of these, two developed consumption, of which one died; the others became almost idiotic; another committed suicide; and one developed into a regular Tântrika, a black magician, but his career, fortunately for himself, was cut short by death.

The science of the five breaths––the moist, the fiery, the airy, etc., etc.––has a twofold significance and two applications. By the Tântrikas it is accepted literally, as relating to the regulation of the vital, lung breath, but by the ancient Râja-Yogis as referring to the mental or “will” breath, which alone leads to the highest clairvoyant powers, to the function of the Third Eye and the acquisition of the true Râja-Yoga occult powers. The difference between the two is enormous."

Blavatsky collected writings vol. 12

And

Master K.H. wrote that A. O. Hume had, "by the injudicious practice of pranayam, developed in himself to some extent mediumship — is tainted for life with it".

So, the question is why did Samael teach pranayama( the suppression of the vital breath not the Will breath of the Raja Yogis) if it could lead to mediumship?

Second, Blavatsky taught the Aquarian Age began in 1900. Not 1950 as Samael taught. And that there was the intersection of three very rare and important cycles in the last quarter of the 19th century. Quoting from the website Blavatsky Theosophy Group UK-

“The closing quarter of the 19th century was an extremely important and crucial period in humanity’s history and evolution. Three great cycles all intersected at the same time, a very rare and uncommon occurrence. The first 5,000 year cycle of the Kali Yuga was due to draw to a close between late 1897 and early 1898. The Age of Pisces was rapidly fading out and the New Age of Aquarius was to gradually begin its 2,155 year course from the dawning of the new century in 1900.

“In 14th century Tibet, Tsong Kha-pa – the reincarnation of Gautama Buddha – had ordained that the Esoteric Brotherhood was henceforth to send one of their own to the Western world in the closing quarter of each century, to help bring about further spiritual awakening and enlightenment. It was known and understood that only a particular 25 years in each century could be actively used for this purpose, such were and are the very real restrictions of Cyclic and Karmic Law."

“It was made clear that the cycle of open communications and new teachings from Masters would close in 1900 (the year HPB said the Aquarian Age was due to begin) and not re-open until 1975, lasting from 1975-2000 as you point out. This was presented as provisional, however, and dependent upon how well Theosophists would do their job and fulfill their appointed task. All that was required was 75 years of faithful work and earnest commitment to the lines clearly laid down by the Masters and HPB…but I’m sure you know as well as I do how many people long for “the latest teachings” and “fresh revelations” from “the Masters” and especially when they haven’t even bothered to properly study, assimilate, and apply those which have already been given out."

Here is H.P. Blavatsky's statements.

“I must tell you that during the last quarter of every hundred years an attempt is made by those “Masters,” of whom I have spoken, to help on the spiritual progress of Humanity in a marked and definite way. Towards the close of each century you will invariably find that an outpouring or upheaval of spirituality – or call it mysticism if you prefer – has taken place. Some one or more persons have appeared in the world as their agents, and a greater or less amount of occult knowledge and teaching has been given out. If you care to do so, you can trace these movements back, century by century, as far as our detailed historical records extend. … If the present attempt, in the form of our Society, succeeds better than its predecessors have done, then it will be in existence as an organized, living and healthy body when the time comes for the effort of the 20th century.”

– H.P. Blavatsky, “The Key to Theosophy” p. 306-307

No Master of Wisdom from the East will himself appear or send any one to Europe or America after that period, and the sluggards will have to renounce every chance of advancement in their present incarnation––until the year 1975. Such is the LAW, for we are in Kali Yuga––the Black Age––and the restrictions in this cycle, the first 5,000 years of which will expire in 1897, are great and almost insuperable.

from the PRELIMINARY MEMORANDUM TO THE ESOTERIC SECTION.

And this from W.Q. Judge co-founder of the Theosophical Society, an accepted chela of thirteen years standing with the Masters, and whom Blavatsky called her only friend.

“Nothing is more plain than that H.P. Blavatsky said, on the direct authority of the Masters, that in the last twenty-five years of each century an effort is made by the Lodge and its agents with the West, and that it [i.e. the effort] ceases in its direct and public form and influence with the twenty-fifth year. Those who believe her will believe this; those who think they know more about it than she did will invent other ideas suited to their fancies."

from his article THE CLOSING CYCLE.

Where does Samael Aun Weor fit in to this? He began teaching in 1950 a full 25 years before 1975.

Third, is the question of C.W. Leadbeater. Most of us probably know about the accusations made against him, that he was teaching the boys in his care masturbation. I thought the same thing, that they were just accusations until I encountered the historical facts. Quoting from the same website sited previously-

"The fact that Leadbeater admitted under oath in 1906 to having performed sexual acts on young boys in his care on numerous occasions and often in ongoing circumstances. This confession, which he made after complaints and allegations from several boys, quite rightly resulted in his being forced out of the Theosophical Society in shame and disgrace, only to later be invited back and readmitted by Annie Besant, much to the disgust of many other Theosophists."

" The fact that he was secretly a member of a sexual magic group in Australia during the latter part of his life when he lived there, having been introduced to the group by James Wedgwood, his fellow co-founding “Bishop” of the Liberal Catholic Church, whose disgraceful and sickening antics and abuse of young boys are not worth repeating"

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Could I ask what have these occultist contributed to the world other than books?
Have they been miraculously shown new medicines that saved half the world?
Have they given us answers to all the unanswered questions?
Where is God?
Who is God?
Is there a Devil?

Have adepts given us modern technology?

What is it that's so special about being an adept that makes it worthy of a life long commitment?

What is he/she really going to do but sit and meditate, pray, write a book and abstain from fleshly pleasures?

Id like to see more than a book. Take Samuel Aun Weor for instance.....what else did he do for the world besides leave a book behind? Perhaps being an adept benefits the adept more and is not meant to benefit the world so much?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
Could I ask what have these occultist contributed to the world other than books?

Let me try.

Have they been miraculously shown new medicines that saved half the world?

The best medicine is your own body's healing mechanisms. To rely on external means for health implies a void that should be filled through repentance (meaning, to change one's mind/behavior)

Have they given us answers to all the unanswered questions?

All the answers are available, it takes diligence and perseverance to enter the narrow gate.

Where is God?

understand space-time (light).

Who is God?

Humbled knowledge, love, light.

Have adepts given us modern technology?

The human body is the most advanced thing on earth, "modern" technology is an inhibitor for an adept

What is it that's so special about being an adept that makes it worthy of a life long commitment?
What is he/she really going to do but sit and meditate, pray, write a book and abstain from fleshly pleasures?

whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for God's sake will find it. Few find it.

Id like to see more than a book. Take Samuel Aun Weor for instance.....what else did he do for the world besides leave a book behind? Perhaps being an adept benefits the adept more and is not meant to benefit the world so much?

The truth is so unbelievably awesome that even God incarnate could not convince the whole world of the Absolute Truth. Those predestined for such a Path will hear the Word, eventually, if not already.
edit on 15-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Roy Branegif
This an interesting topic Tamahu, here is a quote form the link you posted. - The mind must free itself from all kinds of “schools,” religions, sects, beliefs, etc. All those “cages” are obstacles which render the mind incapable of thinking freely. It is necessary for the mind to become free of the illusions of this world and become a fine and marvelous instrument of the Inner Being. - Samael Aun Weor

Can you expound on this any?

Read: Prajnaparamita

The sign directing you to the top of the mountain is not the top of the mountain.
edit on 15-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is more theosophical than gnostic.

The Gnosticism of Nag Hammadi is what I know. I know gnosis is not exclusively Christian Gnostic, but Gnosticism is essentially different than esoterica, which is the kind of gnostic I think you mean.

new topics

top topics

join